PDA

View Full Version : Come on TRION, just a hint.

Traxx
05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
As a teaser and to peak interest, give just a few things we can expect from the season pass. Not wild guesses from players, the real deal from the horse’s mouth.

Defy
05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
yeah some info would be good

KOLZ
05-03-2013, 05:56 PM
lol definitely agreed. I feel the same way.

Erei
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
They already said : new playable race + new weapons.

Also, on an unrelated note, the currently unavailable part of San Fran have a respawn named "Fort Defiance". Hint hint.

Qei
05-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I bet the first DLC will be a Rick Astley video on continous loop playback. Then the second DLC will be the "Grand Magical Fix" for everything, making Defiance a flawless utopia of an MMO where EVERYone is happy and NOTHING goes wrong. Ever.

I guess the only thing after that would be a Rift crossover...

KOLZ
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
They already said : new playable race + new weapons.

Also, on an unrelated note, the currently unavailable part of San Fran have a respawn named "Fort Defiance". Hint hint.

hint hint they also said that people will download the content for free and have access to all the missions. So hint hint people wanna know what's the difference between the paid for version and free version. And hint hint, another race doesn't excite many at all considering how useless making alts right now is so unless there is a major difference not many are gonna care unless they just wanna do everything over with a new race which doesn't really spell fun honestly.

Myst
05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I am rather curious as well. On the blog when they talked about the things they saw on the forums it made it seem like we would get some news soon; but eh guess they are at the drawing board

Rasczak
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
I thought they said in next week's Podcast, but it is also likely I am crossing the streams on remembering topics.

Anyway, my bet is they're scrambling to figure out how not to have whatever DLC design they did come back in their faces, too. Their batting average isn't great so far. ;)

Traxx
05-03-2013, 07:09 PM
As a teaser and to peak interest, give just a few things we can expect from the season pass. Not wild guesses from players, the real deal from the horse’s mouth.

A word about HOW the new content will be added would be greatly appreciated. This would give away no secrets but it would help us prepare for the new content. It would also increase interest and promote sales. Think about it. Tell us HOW.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Just a guess here but we will see a new race (don't care since inventory slots don't carry over), new skins for same old weapons, new skins for same old vehicles, new skins for armor, over priced skins in store & a ton more bugs/glitches. Can't wait...

edit: maybe will finally get mods and stuff that's still missing from game.

Traxx
05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
All good, but TRION - You tell us SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

Daholic
05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
You guys bouight a season pass and dont know what comes with it?

or

Did you guys buy a season pass and your wanting more than whats advertised?

Schwa
05-03-2013, 07:28 PM
You guys bouight a season pass and dont know what comes with it?

or

Did you guys buy a season pass and your wanting more than whats advertised?

I bought a season pass and have come to regret my purchase due to lack of information or follow-through.

Follow-through is infinitely more important, and the way they've held off this far it's going to need to be a miracle patch to satisfy most players that have seen most of what Defiance has to offer. Which is comparatively little.

Daholic
05-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I bought a season pass and have come to regret my purchase due to lack of information or follow-through.

Follow-through is infinitely more important, and the way they've held off this far it's going to need to be a miracle patch to satisfy most players that have seen most of what Defiance has to offer. Which is comparatively little.

I wasnt trying to be ******y, and im glad noone responded as such.

I can only imagine how it feels to buy the season pass and cant get any info about what it means.

Tgreen
05-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Season pass menas you subscribed 5 DLCs in advance. Wanting to know their content is like wanting to know what's in tomorrows newspaper.

Schwa
05-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Season pass menas you subscribed 5 DLCs in advance. Wanting to know their content is like wanting to know what's in tomorrows newspaper.

That makes perfect sense, since the entire newspaper's content is planned out months in advance to allow for production.

Traxx
05-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Still I ask will they be Main Mission Extensions, Side Missions, Co-Op Missions, ... ?

Opus
05-03-2013, 08:09 PM
They're probably holding off on making any formal announcements so they don't say one thing and then deliver something different.

That being said, I am very curious as to what separates the paid DLC from the free DLC, and what sorts of things (items, maps, missions?) it will contain. I mean, I bought the PC UE, so I will be getting the paid content, but even just a rough outline of what we can expect would be nice.

It would also motivate those who are running out of content, or are getting burned out, to stick around a little longer. Because we could really use some good news, given all the bugs and problems we've faced. I've been a pretty good little Trion cheerleader, and still think this game has a lot of potential, but the urge to log on immediately after work is really starting to wane.

Azver Deroven
05-03-2013, 08:43 PM
1st expansion will feature a new map, a large map unlike the current one. One where you can trully explore the universe of Defiance rather than run from random encounter to other. Oh and its actually been trough QA, without QA being ignored when they've said you can't launch this.

2nd expansion will include a new GFX engine, and physics engine based on brick-by-brick destruction of enviroment. Furthermore you'll be able to set up cities in the pre-planned zones, and then micromanage them and watch them being blown away by arkfalls and more so people with explosives that don't enjoy your buildings.

3rd expansion will involve an ability to launch your very own space program, fly into earth's orbit to colonize it and salvage ark's still-afloat pieces. Oh and go to moon to eat cheese.

4th expansion will involve whole solarsystem and ability to do battle in space with other people, watching as your friends are sucked into vacuum of space when they were trying to fix that hole left behind in these fully-destroyable spaceships, roughly where that missile hit you.

5th expansion will include a god, that walks down to earth just to slap you so hard you wake up, and realize that pre-purchasing anything in this time and age is just silly with so many examples to choose.

In all likelyhood it'll be more equally QA-rushed content based on the same map untill perhaps season 2, assuming the show stays afloat.

If the show doesn't stay afloat, it'll be a banana you can wear as a hat. With the words "I paid for my game in advance and all I got was this lousy banana" writen on it.

Traxx
05-03-2013, 09:05 PM
1st expansion will feature a new map, a large map unlike the current one. One where you can trully explore the universe of Defiance rather than run from random encounter to other. Oh and its actually been trough QA, without QA being ignored when they've said you can't launch this.

2nd expansion will include a new GFX engine, and physics engine based on brick-by-brick destruction of enviroment. Furthermore you'll be able to set up cities in the pre-planned zones, and then micromanage them and watch them being blown away by arkfalls and more so people with explosives that don't enjoy your buildings.

3rd expansion will involve an ability to launch your very own space program, fly into earth's orbit to colonize it and salvage ark's still-afloat pieces. Oh and go to moon to eat cheese.

4th expansion will involve whole solarsystem and ability to do battle in space with other people, watching as your friends are sucked into vacuum of space when they were trying to fix that hole left behind in these fully-destroyable spaceships, roughly where that missile hit you.

5th expansion will include a god, that walks down to earth just to slap you so hard you wake up, and realize that pre-purchasing anything in this time and age is just silly with so many examples to choose.

In all likelyhood it'll be more equally QA-rushed content based on the same map untill perhaps season 2, assuming the show stays afloat.

If the show doesn't stay afloat, it'll be a banana you can wear as a hat. With the words "I paid for my game in advance and all I got was this lousy banana" writen on it.

Thanks, I'm glad I finally got the true picture from TRION. (Well it's the only answer I got.)

Azver Deroven
05-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Your welcome.

I'll still hold my thumbs up for the part 5 never happening so I can keep on dreaming. =)