PDA

View Full Version : Resevoir Chickens: 100% Accuracy. Gold Medal. Blindfolded.

Galactimus
05-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Look upon me and weep for I am the Master you wish you could be. The king of twitch aiming, the universal ruler of accuracy, I am the creator of mass chicken genocide. If I melted all of my Medals down I could Terraform the entire Earth myself with liquid gold. Behold a God of hotshots in action. It gets REALLY good around 0:30. I dare you not to laugh at its complexity. Sit back and watch the Chicken multiplier soar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_vUoyiQEpo&feature=youtube_gdata

As I am a kind and generous overlord I will reveal my impossible step-by-step instructions to completely dominate Reservoir Chickens:

1. Shoot the Chicken in front of you.
2. Shoot the Chicken in front of you.
3. Shoot the Chicken in front of you.
..... (three hours later)
66. Shoot the Chicken in front of you.
67. Shoot the Chicken in front of you.

Now the steps thus far may not be possible for mere mortals. Your brains will be pushed to their limits. It's a teeth grinding, head pounding, "up-at-dawn pride-swallowing siege, that I will never fully tell you about." I know you're probably thinking of using that last bullet on yourself. But if you've made it this far then I give unto you the final and most important step of all:

Bullet #68: Shoot the Chicken in front of you!

RO-UH-RO-UH-ROOOO!!!

Schwa
05-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Darth Haighter
05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Bullet #68: Shoot the Chicken in front of you!

RO-UH-RO-UH-ROOOO!!!

dude, you seriously crack me up a lot...that's some funny shtako right there. thx for the laugh

Erei
05-03-2013, 04:47 PM
ROFL.
/10char

Munx
05-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Lmfao! I would prob end up using that gun on myself after half a hour of doing that.

noladude
05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
As hilarious as this was, does this really work? I find this challenge impossible!

Galactimus
05-03-2013, 05:20 PM
As hilarious as this was, does this really work? I find this challenge impossible!

There is no time limit. The challenge simply ends when you run out of bullets. 68 bullets. I was up to a 13x multiplier in the video before I decided to try and throw myself off of that cliff. If you have the courage and gusto to aim at one spot for eight and a half minutes then Gold shall be yours!

Darth Haighter
05-03-2013, 05:24 PM
lol...oh man, thank god i did that challenge when it was still bugged to hell and back, or hellbugged you might say. BMG ftw

Qei
05-03-2013, 05:43 PM
[...] If I melted all of my Medals down I could Terraform the entire Earth myself with liquid gold. [...]

That's impossible. There isn't enough Au ore. The USGS estimates upwards of 51,000 metric tons of available ore left to mine in the entire earth. Since the earth covers approx. 196,939,900 square miles, your 51,000 metric tons wouldn't be enough to cover an area so vast.

You could create gold however. The Large Hadron Collider has successfully created gold atoms numerous times. 1 atom at a time would take millions of years to produce even a single ounce of useable ore.

So unless you have the ability to get to our planet's core where most of the gold is located, I would think your claim of gold terraforming is false.

reigningmetal
05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Lol to the step-by-step instructions. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this particular challenge bug out on them at any point in time. For me, it allowed me to switch to a different weapon and removed virtually all other fail conditions.

So needless to say, I had a good amount of fun one-shotting clusters of chickens with detonators and knocking out the jogging farmers left and right.

Galactimus
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
So unless you have the ability to get to our planet's core where most of the gold is located, I would think your claim of gold terraforming is false.

While your points are valid and well presented I must admit I'm not entirely sure where Trion obtains its vast supply of Gold Medals. According to my calculations, and my current rate of chicken genocide, I have indeed obtained enough hotshot Gold Medals to terraform the Earth. It should only take a fortnight!

Trions gold supply defies logic. It is known Khaleesi.

ratt707
05-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I cheated on this one. I'm a bad person.

cusman
05-03-2013, 07:00 PM
thanks for the chuckles... still don't feel like doing that crap mission

Blade of Souls
05-03-2013, 07:09 PM
I've done that mission, and I'm never going back.

ShiMoShinkenFry
05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
If somebody did it this way all I can say is congratulations on commitment. xD

Corwar
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you soooo much !!! :cool:

Rakshasa
05-03-2013, 07:25 PM
You know, the word "genius" is thrown around a lot these days. But in this case, we are undeniably witnessing the real thing, because that is awesome. Bonus points for the Jerry Maguire quote.

Quilliam
05-03-2013, 07:27 PM
How do you keep your kill multiplyer going if you just aim for the chicken in front of you? Doesn't it go down over time?

Galactimus
05-03-2013, 08:06 PM
How do you keep your kill multiplyer going if you just aim for the chicken in front of you? Doesn't it go down over time?

This hotshot multiplier resets back to zero every 10-11 seconds but this.. necro chicken.. respawns every 9. Your multiplier remains intact. And then you realize you have suddenly been impregnated by awesome.

Azver Deroven
05-03-2013, 08:17 PM
And lo´there he stood, not as a man but as a god. Descended into our midsts to guide our hand in this chicken genocide lest we forget to do our part to rid the planet of this evil.

Thanks for the laughs, on my way to abuse this to hell and back while watching a movie or something on the second screen.

Buruko
05-03-2013, 08:57 PM
This hotshot multiplier resets back to zero every 10-11 seconds but this.. necro chicken.. respawns every 9. Your multiplier remains intact. And then you realize you have suddenly been impregnated by awesome.

This means if you use all 68 bullets, one every 9 seconds you will be there for approximately 10 minutes.

With the multiplier increasing with each chicken you would hit gold by about the 20thd bullet.

Galactimus
05-04-2013, 07:20 AM
It takes 38 shots to reach a Gold Medal score of 720. If you stay there for all 68 shots you'll reach a score of 2346.

Chicken Math
~~~~~~~~~
[n(n+1)] / 2 = Score

n = # of chickens killed

UKresistance
05-04-2013, 07:24 AM
That's impossible. There isn't enough Au ore. The USGS estimates upwards of 51,000 metric tons of available ore left to mine in the entire earth. Since the earth covers approx. 196,939,900 square miles, your 51,000 metric tons wouldn't be enough to cover an area so vast.

You could create gold however. The Large Hadron Collider has successfully created gold atoms numerous times. 1 atom at a time would take millions of years to produce even a single ounce of useable ore.

You obviously know nothing about the mining industry or how the USGS comes up with their estimates.
When asked how much gold there is on the planet, the only correct answer is "it depends on the price" because estimates are based upon current economic feasibility.

SymbolicGamer
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
*sees you're playing the point and click adventure version of Defiance*

Not impressive.

Galactimus
05-04-2013, 07:40 AM
*sees you're playing the point and click adventure version of Defiance*

Not impressive.

"One hundred good deeds could not atone for the sin of jealousy." Kneel before me and repent!

Firetalion
05-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Heh. I won it before they nurfed it. =oD

I even sent them an in game bug report to explain the repeatable glitch I found where you could throw grenades at chickens for hours, ahhaha.

Lupus Interuptus
05-04-2013, 07:51 AM
or just change to lmg and grenades at start

Bopbarker
05-04-2013, 08:12 AM
RO-UH-RO-UH-ROOOO!!!

You're doing it wrong.

http://media.giphy.com/media/HNfaMZ9kZB984/original.gif

Galactimus
05-05-2013, 11:34 AM
You're doing it wrong.

“The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought the Chicken.”

Anderson
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Yesterday I got to this Hotshot and first tried to do it legit, but then I was like "screw this" and did it your way.

I got gold but I didn't get a perfect score because a couple of times I kind of dozed off for a second and the chicken made a break for it.

mrgrimezHD
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
This technique was created on the day when the 'weapon switch' was patched, countless videos on youtube show the exact same thing so it boggles my mind how people lacked the common sense to look into it.

Humorous video nonetheless =)

Galactimus
05-05-2013, 03:10 PM
This technique was created on the day when the 'weapon switch' was patched, countless videos on youtube show the exact same thing so it boggles my mind how people lacked the common sense to look into it.

Humorous video nonetheless =)

I am calling you out on this one sir! There's only like 10 Reservoir Chicken videos on youtube and none of them are shown shooting the same chicken over and over to receive Gold. There's like 6 weapon glitch versions, 3 legitimate attempts, and only one video where they shoot two different chickens over and over.

Provide me one of these countless links where they shoot the same chicken 68 times. Because I seem to have lost count at... zero? (^_^)v

Azumi RM
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
That poor chicken.
"Hold T to extract" >>> spawns in front of this guy again

Nithryok
05-05-2013, 03:50 PM
That poor chicken.
"Hold T to extract" >>> spawns in front of this guy again

Chickens last words, FML... 68 times

mrgrimezHD
05-05-2013, 04:29 PM
I am calling you out on this one sir! There's only like 10 Reservoir Chicken videos on youtube and none of them are shown shooting the same chicken over and over to receive Gold. There's like 6 weapon glitch versions, 3 legitimate attempts, and only one video where they shoot two different chickens over and over.

Provide me one of these countless links where they shoot the same chicken 68 times. Because I seem to have lost count at... zero? (^_^)v

What? you really think that your video is just one in a handful of videos showing this technique? There's loads of them on youtube and if you think I'm going to link every single one then you're very much mistaken.

Call me out all you want good sir, the proof is on the Internet, it just means searching for it.

ZPFenixFromFlames
WarMachine
CaptainStout

I think Yardie Gamer has also done one of these videos, but someone can correct me there if I'm wrong.

Google is your friend, I don't have to prove anything because they're on youtube and all around the Internet. Not just that but there's even videos showing the exact same thing on the PC / PS3 and Xbox.

I was having trouble with this Hotshot event, so I took to the Internet and found a video showing exactly what to do without using the 'weapon switch', it was basically shooting the chicken 68 times just like yours. Why is there so many people in this day and age who think just because they've made a particular video, that video is probably the only one if not one of the few that actually exists?

There's millions of people on youtube, logging in and uploading every single day, take that into consideration when making a video because chances are somebody's already done it. Think Keywords, not everyone will put the title ''Hotshot - Reservoir Chicken guide'' - ''Reservoir Chicken location & how to'' etc etc

Just because you haven't seen videos which depict the exact same thing as your video does, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Darth Haighter
05-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Just because you haven't seen videos which depict the exact same thing as your video does, doesn't mean they don't exist.

in fairness, i just got done looking at all of the videos i could find on you tube about this mission since reading this post and i didn't find countless videos all showing the same thing as the OP does. there are a bunch of guides to be sure, but i only saw 1 that may have been a duplicate.

regardless, haven't seen anyone else post it to the forums, so in that regard it stands as both useful and funny, imo

mrgrimezHD
05-05-2013, 04:38 PM
in fairness, i just got done looking at all of the videos i could find on you tube about this mission since reading this post and i didn't find countless videos all showing the same thing as the OP does. there are a bunch of guides to be sure, but i only saw 1 that may have been a duplicate.

regardless, haven't seen anyone else post it to the forums, so in that regard it stands as both useful and funny, imo

That's fair enough, I'm not saying anything else about the OP's video as it's a decent guide and funny, I was just stating that it isn't the only one.

Darth Haighter
05-05-2013, 04:42 PM
That's fair enough, I'm not saying anything else about the OP's video as it's a decent guide and funny, I was just stating that it isn't the only one.

all good! thx for respectful reply! wasn't trying to be contrary either :)

mrgrimezHD
05-05-2013, 04:47 PM
all good! thx for respectful reply! wasn't trying to be contrary either :)

No problem at all =) enjoy the rest of your day / night.

Foolish
05-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Bmg made this so easy.

Darth Haighter
05-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Bmg made this so easy.

amen to that brother! +10

funny how a glitch can sometimes be such a godsend

Galactimus
05-05-2013, 05:13 PM
My reason for calling you out is that you said:

..countless videos on youtube show the exact same thing so it boggles my mind how people lack the common sense to look into it.

Common sense would dictate that if these videos existed in countless numbers then they should be easy to find. They aren't. I spent 30 minutes trying to find one on youtube and came back empty handed. Thus I asked if you could provide a single link to one for me (which you haven't). It's not an unreasonable request when "anyone with common sense can find a countless number of them."

I'm in no way saying I invented this method first. But I AM saying none of these countless videos seem to exist. Google doesn't seem to know where to find one. Do you have to search the long-lost underbelly of some random forum nobody knows about to find such a video? I even ended up finding my own video first which is funny because I even spelled Reservoir wrong in the videos title.