PDA

View Full Version : Interplatform Beta Comparison

Shogo_Yahagi
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Now that NDA is lifted on all of the betas, do we have anyone that has been in the PC betas and the PS3 beta that can give us some idea of how this compares to the older PC betas and how much improvement the PC betas have shown over time? How does the new PC beta compare to the older ones?

I know they're completely different code, but what I'm really wondering about is how many of the problems we're seeing have already been fixed since this build. With only one beta, I have no idea what kind of improvement curve we should expect. Because of the lag between build and beta, I'm sure many of the problems have already been spotted and addressed, but I'm curious as to the breakdown of new bugs reported vs. old bugs reported.

SYN BLACK XS
03-22-2013, 08:40 AM
I can't speak for the PC version, but have been playing the PS3 beta from its start. Should be able to chime in with some 360-related comparions as soon as i can get in!!

My guess is, the problematic things we;ve been experiencing will be common among all platforms. Lag during AF's, spotty in-game communication, etc. As far as bugs and how quickly theyre being addressed, gooooood question! My guess is they are addressed depending on their severity, and how crucial they are to the servers running smoothly... but then again, this could simply be a beta build, which only gave us the bare-bones to work with, so only a select few things are being addressed as a result of it.

With the official release not far away, me-thinks they have the final build running smoothly on the servers, and we're just playing with a knock-off to test the last few things they are unsure about.

Desidus
03-22-2013, 08:48 AM
I can't speak for the PC version, but have been playing the PS3 beta from its start. Should be able to chime in with some 360-related comparions as soon as i can get in!!

My guess is, the problematic things we;ve been experiencing will be common among all platforms. Lag during AF's, spotty in-game communication, etc. As far as bugs and how quickly theyre being addressed, gooooood question! My guess is they are addressed depending on their severity, and how crucial they are to the servers running smoothly... but then again, this could simply be a beta build, which only gave us the bare-bones to work with, so only a select few things are being addressed as a result of it.

With the official release not far away, me-thinks they have the final build running smoothly on the servers, and we're just playing with a knock-off to test the last few things they are unsure about.

We already know they are working on the voice issue (or its already fixed in the full release build). As for the lag.. I haven't had it too bad.. yes a little bit here and there, but then maybe I have been on at slower times. Will have to see how that goes.

Masoner
03-22-2013, 09:09 AM
people don't like to admit it but the console version of the game will be the same and only the pc version will be graphically superior cause people spend 400+ every 2/3 months to keep them updated.

Also remember console gamers play on a big screen TVs so there is a plus there.

Desidus
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
people don't like to admit it but the console version of the game will be the same and only the pc version will be graphically superior cause people spend 400+ every 2/3 months to keep them updated.

Also remember console gamers play on a big screen TVs so there is a plus there.

Some people have big screen for their computers as well... or hooked up to the tv..

It doesn't seem that graphically superior from what I have seen from videos, maybe someone that has played both want to comment on the difference.

Almiel
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
It's not graphically superior tho they do have more graphic options in the settings. The game is pretty much the same across the board. A lot of PC players in the alpha are complaining about it too. One purpose for it is the multi-platform reason (one main code for all versions). The 2nd is so that casual PC gamers can play it w/o having to have the latest gaming tech. I was playing it on a 2 year old pc not built for gaming. I did update the graphic card but it's not a gaming card specifically.