PDA

View Full Version : constructive criticism as far as defiance 1.013 goes

XGC Cipher
05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Let me start by saying I'm an xbox player and I love defiance, its untouched territory as far as consoles go. I was right on the bandwagon with preorder digital deluxe and and well into triple digits on money for bits, that was a few days post launch. Right now I'm sittin on almost 2 mil scrip, most the equipment I need and at ego ~1500. Most my pursuits are done and I see the same people in PvP. Repetitive grinding might be some peoples thing , but not mine. So I thought since I'm bored with the game to take a moment to sit down and post a thread where people can be constructive with criticism. I just thought I'd list some of the things that have been game breaker over the past few weeks.

Scopes reducing accuracy- I will admit I'm curious how that slipped through the cracks for a month(some are still broken) this should have been a priority fix due to the fact the +accuracy stat it showed mislead a lot of casual gamer who didn't check the forums. Its upsetting to watch a lined up sniper round go to the side of someones head.

Missing weapons and equipment- Yeah it happened, that was a big issue mostly been fixed right now but when the defiance team said they couldn't track the missing weapons either, it opened up a whole new can of worms- anyone could claim they lost something they never had in the first place. The aftermath of that is most visible in the trading forum literally the between player economy tanked, someone could claim an item they never had and post it and make a massive profit this I heard was fixed now but the damage has been done.

Mods for certain synergy are not in the game but the weapons are- this has been a bit of a bother cause there hasn't been an official word confirming or denying mods for synergys other than run and gun, brutal and the faction specific ones are in game.

Customer support- I've spoke to a few over numerous problems and my gathered opinion is that they're really not in the loop. I spoke to them about the aforementioned mentioned issue and the response I got was, "I'm not sure I think so you'd be better off asking other players" that was a bit disturbing. The company that made the game should at least know more than us and should never tell us to ask other players.

Freight yard- not even gonna touch that no point in beating a dead horse

I'd like to see more interactions between the devs and the community, be nice if we could sit down and talk with the devs on twitch or something. I'm not sure about others but I feel left in the dark here. Anyway this is all opinion based on firsthand experience I'm just curious what others have to say about this game a month later

Extended Server Downtime- This can be a tricky one, the company can't always know how long it'll take. A simply fix would be to tell us it will be down for a longer time then you think it will take. People would be happier to see it took less time then you told us rather then more time
Please be constructive and civil

a2thelee
05-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Xbox player here. Also was on the bandwagon since pre-launch. I would just like some sort of word from the devs acknowledging the synergies and scope mod problems.

A post regarding what we can actually expect from DLC would be very much appreciated. I'd at least feel better knowing that there's something good coming or at the devs actually acknowledged something was wrong.

KOLZ
05-03-2013, 06:38 PM
For me it was disappointing although I wasn't flipping out like the other people but it was fun to watch them. I was like oh a new patch. The best thing was an extra pvp map and then it got taken out and the rest of it was lowering stuff for the garbage casuals. So I am just hoping the next patch actually contains fixes. I think there was like two fixes but they had to be so little that no one even cared about them, lol.

XGC Cipher
05-03-2013, 07:03 PM
Not to be overly critical but I'd be focusing more stabilization of the game, its content and servers then making something to track salvage earned per hour by a player so a digitized version of them can be on tv but love the game and doing my best to not set my expectations overly lot of people are giving up but hey i've invested in the game and it's content like it or not I'm in for the long haul

Darth Haighter
05-03-2013, 07:35 PM
nice post Cipher, really well done man. hope they give a look in! +1

XGC Cipher
05-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Well I tried to look at it from a neutral perspective instead of pissed off gamer or uber fanboy I think my opinion was fact based and to the point

LifeExpectancy
05-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Please for the love of god, learn to use commas and periods to properly punctuate your sentences. So what if I'm being a grammar na(z)i. It's painful to read posts like the OP here.

Commander Longrod
05-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I completely agree with OP's scopes issue. With most weapons its not as apparent as it is on the sniper rifles. I can see how adding a scope with reduced accuracy to a pistol works- you're getting an improved zoom/reticle so the reduction in accuracy makes sense. But when you add that to a sniper rifle that already has a scope on it, that reduced accuracy just makes my shots wiz by every target's head. I've just decided that an assault carbine AR is a better long range weapon than the sniper rifles. It would be great if the sniper rifle scopes increased accuracy so that they could actually be used a greater distance than any of the other weapons.

XGC Cipher
05-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Please for the love of god, learn to use commas and periods to properly punctuate your sentences. So what if I'm being a grammar na(z)i. It's painful to read posts like the OP here.

i do apologize everything was typed on my galaxy S III

grammatical errors fixed

VolDeVie
05-03-2013, 11:59 PM
I'm a bit of a fanboi, but refreshing to see someone who's suffered from the negatives and put it in a constructive manner. If more angry gamers approached the subject as you have than I feel more mods would take a look at the problems that many are suffering from. Luckily for me I'm casual and suffer very little set-back from their glitches.

Ralron
05-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Scopes reducing accuracy- I will admit I'm curious how that slipped through the cracks for a month(some are still broken) this should have been a priority fix due to the fact the +accuracy stat it showed mislead a lot of casual gamer who didn't check the forums. Its upsetting to watch a lined up sniper round go to the side of someones head.

So scopes are still not giving better accuracy? still bugged? or w/e? would LOVE for this to be confirmed!

XGC Cipher
05-04-2013, 08:23 AM
So scopes are still not giving better accuracy? still bugged? or w/e? would LOVE for this to be confirmed!
stabilization scopes do still show a plus stat rather than the minus stat they're supposed to have

Shogo_Yahagi
05-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I think it would be helpful to update the in-game help to expand explanations of things that seem poorly explained. If lots of people are confused about how synergies work, for example, update the description to answer the questions that are asked most often. The less people have to leave the game to get answers, the more time they will have to play the game. Updating text shouldn't break anything, and avoiding confusion and frustration will improve players' satisfaction with the game.

Perhaps a good goal would be to update one help intel with each patch.

XGC Cipher
05-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Updated and thank you everyone who has contributed for staying civil

babytears
05-04-2013, 11:40 AM
With the increased emergencies and instances it's getting frustrating when you are grinding side missions but have to deal with multiple ordeals at once all the while simply just trying to get to the darn exclamation point. I just wish you could turn off emergencies and instances. If you could, driving would be more fun too.

XGC Cipher
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm a bit of a fanboi, but refreshing to see someone who's suffered from the negatives and put it in a constructive manner. If more angry gamers approached the subject as you have than I feel more mods would take a look at the problems that many are suffering from. Luckily for me I'm casual and suffer very little set-back from their glitches.

I believe the casual gamers here suffer the most, the ones that don't know about or get on the forums are completely in the dark here. I felt i had to subscribe to their twitter and check the forums regularly just so i could have some grasp of what was going on

XGC Cipher
05-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I know other people must have some thoughts here

XGC Cipher
05-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Sure do hope more uses for scrip in the future, or more to buy at least

XGC Cipher
05-06-2013, 03:02 AM
bumping for now

BrassRazoo
05-06-2013, 03:06 AM

You should have started a new paragraph after your first sentence.

Skydive
05-06-2013, 03:16 AM
I'd like to see more interactions between the devs and the community, be nice if we could sit down and talk with the devs on twitch or something. I'm not sure about others but I feel left in the dark here. Anyway this is all opinion based on firsthand experience I'm just curious what others have to say about this game a month later

You know in their blog they actually said they toned down the interaction with the community because many reviewers in so called game sites (massively) where complaining the devs were spending too much time chatting and DOING NOTHING. I was in my right mind to tell those guys at massively to shove their heads up where the sun does not shine!

The blog entry I'm refering to
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

Regardless of how much the devs talk or not, they would have complained nothing was being done anyway. I'm partly disappointed that TRION bowed to that criticism from Massively rather than defend the fact a lot of gamers WANT more interaction with their developers! As far as I am concerned people at massively have zero respect from me for understanding an MMO community.

Schwa
05-06-2013, 03:26 AM
You know in their blog they actually said they toned down the interaction with the community because many reviewers in so called game sites (massively) where complaining the devs were spending too much time chatting and DOING NOTHING. I was in my right mind to tell those guys at massively to shove their heads up where the sun does not shine!

The blog entry I'm refering to
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/29/i-listen-therefore-i-am/

Regardless of how much the devs talk or not, they would have complained nothing was being done anyway. I'm partly disappointed that TRION bowed to that criticism from Massively rather than defend the fact a lot of gamers WANT more interaction with their developers! As far as I am concerned people at massively have zero respect from me for understanding an MMO community.

Either that, or Massively's blog merely gave them an excuse to go underground. I doubt a single blog could've determined Trion's overall strategy.

Codebreaker
05-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Thank you! Appreciated....

Let me start by saying I'm an xbox player and I love defiance, its untouched territory as far as consoles go. I was right on the bandwagon with preorder digital deluxe and and well into triple digits on money for bits, that was a few days post launch. Right now I'm sittin on almost 2 mil scrip, most the equipment I need and at ego ~1500. Most my pursuits are done and I see the same people in PvP. Repetitive grinding might be some peoples thing , but not mine. So I thought since I'm bored with the game to take a moment to sit down and post a thread where people can be constructive with criticism. I just thought I'd list some of the things that have been game breaker over the past few weeks.

Missing weapons and equipment- Yeah it happened, that was a big issue mostly been fixed right now but when the defiance team said they couldn't track the missing weapons either, it opened up a whole new can of worms- anyone could claim they lost something they never had in the first place. The aftermath of that is most visible in the trading forum literally the between player economy tanked, someone could claim an item they never had and post it and make a massive profit this I heard was fixed now but the damage has been done.

Mods for certain synergy are not in the game but the weapons are- this has been a bit of a bother cause there hasn't been an official word confirming or denying mods for synergys other than run and gun, brutal and the faction specific ones are in game.

Customer support- I've spoke to a few over numerous problems and my gathered opinion is that they're really not in the loop. I spoke to them about the aforementioned mentioned issue and the response I got was, "I'm not sure I think so you'd be better off asking other players" that was a bit disturbing. The company that made the game should at least know more than us and should never tell us to ask other players.

Freight yard- not even gonna touch that no point in beating a dead horse

Extended Server Downtime- This can be a tricky one, the company can't always know how long it'll take. A simply fix would be to tell us it will be down for a longer time then you think it will take. People would be happier to see it took less time then you told us rather then more time
Please be constructive and civil