PDA

View Full Version : Semi Auto Sniper Rifle

Mr Awesome 0ne
05-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Besides the obvious of killing everything in site, anyone have any suggestions on how to lvl this beast up to a 10 fast?

I found the San Fran/Scrappers is probably the way to go, looking for other options though.

Also, on the topic of Sniper Rifles. How about the bolt action?

Looking for groups of Mooks to hit 5,000 kills, any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance.

argetlam350
05-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I leveled my semi-auto sniper rifle skill to 10 just today. I just grinded on one of the missions in San Fransico. It's at Nob Hill, near the other bridge that leads off to the smaller island. The mission involves saving a bunch of mercs/soldiers from Dark Matter. It took a few days but that was the fastest way I could figure out. Granted you won't get any keycodes out of it if you also want but just from what I've done, that was the fastest way. As for the 5000 kills, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure that one out as well because that's going to take awhile. I've heard doing the Hotshot: Bolinas Sniper can give you 5000 kills quickly, but you won't get any weapon xp out of it.

Dandrielas
05-03-2013, 09:29 PM
I just farmed Sotro tower to level mine(Still am in fact, I am getting it to 20). You get to kill a bunch of dark matter, and it is very repeatable. I got my bolt action to level 20 that way along with my 5000 kills.

Mr Awesome 0ne
05-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Excellent thanks for the info.

I drove around San Fran today and just stopped at every Scrapper and every other Dark Matter Occurance.

I lvl'd up my Semi from a 3 to a 4 in about 30 minutes. Mostly by shooting the Giant Scrappers in their Yellow eye at 7,300 xp a shot.

I will check out Nob Hill though, thanks again.

Is there an ammo box near by? That's one of my issues too, ammo goes fast.

Mr Awesome 0ne
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I just farmed Sotro tower to level mine(Still am in fact, I am getting it to 20). You get to kill a bunch of dark matter, and it is very repeatable. I got my bolt action to level 20 that way along with my 5000 kills.

I will try this as well.

Thanks.

Dandrielas
05-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Excellent thanks for the info.

I drove around San Fran today and just stopped at every Scrapper and every other Dark Matter Occurance.

I lvl'd up my Semi from a 3 to a 4 in about 30 minutes. Mostly by shooting the Giant Scrappers in their Yellow eye at 7,300 xp a shot.

I will check out Nob Hill though, thanks again.

Is there an ammo box near by? That's one of my issues too, ammo goes fast.

At Sotro Tower, it takes 2 turns(about 7 minutes a piece) to level one weapon. This is also with skill boost.

argetlam350
05-03-2013, 09:44 PM
For the Nob Hill one, yeah there's two ammo boxes that are nearby.
From my experience it takes about four turns (5 to 10 minutes a piece) to level a weapon skill, without boosts.

AngryFire
05-03-2013, 10:54 PM
If you can stand the repetitiveness why not just the SQ hulker? If you have a few of those VBI S-22 (the double tap gun or whatever its called) it goes by even quicker.

MaSh_MaN94
05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
For the 5000 kills do bolinas sniper hotshot challenge. To get your semi auto sniper to level ten,farm the hulker at san quentin! when he is about to die kill yourself and extract,the hulker will return to full health.

The reason why hulker is good for leveling any weapon is because of the crits. The amount of Weapon xp you get is from the amount of damage done. I got my semi auto sniper from 2 to 10 in about 4 hours.
just make sure you have a few auto snipers in your inventory for when you max it.

Mr Awesome 0ne
05-03-2013, 11:06 PM
If you can stand the repetitiveness why not just the SQ hulker? If you have a few of those VBI S-22 (the double tap gun or whatever its called) it goes by even quicker.

Me and buddy used him for our Infectors.

It does work very well, but there was a random there with us who would just rocket launch the crap out of him. So it would take us forever to get any XP.

This was a fallback I was going to use, but wanted to avoid it for now.

Mr Awesome 0ne
05-03-2013, 11:09 PM
For the 5000 kills do bolinas sniper hotshot challenge. To get your semi auto sniper to level ten,farm the hulker at san quentin! when he is about to die kill yourself and extract,the hulker will return to full health.

The reason why hulker is good for leveling any weapon is because of the crits. The amount of Weapon xp you get is from the amount of damage done. I got my semi auto sniper from 2 to 10 in about 4 hours.
just make sure you have a few auto snipers in your inventory for when you max it.

I will use the Bolinas sniper.

Do you know how many kills per rd, on average?

MaSh_MaN94
05-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Me and buddy used him for our Infectors.

It does work very well, but there was a random there with us who would just rocket launch the crap out of him. So it would take us forever to get any XP.

This was a fallback I was going to use, but wanted to avoid it for now.

If you and your buddy can go through the whole of the San Quentin mission right up until the hulker without no one coming into the area,no one will interrupt you no matter how long you're there for.

MaSh_MaN94
05-03-2013, 11:13 PM
about 50-60 kills on average, it could be more.

Fusor
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM

"Sotro"? What is this?

Oh, you meant Sutro Tower.

crasher
05-16-2013, 06:15 AM
I leveled my semi-auto sniper rifle skill to 10 just today. I just grinded on one of the missions in San Fransico. It's at Nob Hill, near the other bridge that leads off to the smaller island. The mission involves saving a bunch of mercs/soldiers from Dark Matter. It took a few days but that was the fastest way I could figure out. Granted you won't get any keycodes out of it if you also want but just from what I've done, that was the fastest way. As for the 5000 kills, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure that one out as well because that's going to take awhile. I've heard doing the Hotshot: Bolinas Sniper can give you 5000 kills quickly, but you won't get any weapon xp out of it.

It's a long term investment, to keep goals for the next few weeks/months.
5,000 isn't supposed to be a weekend project.

Do whatever you want, of course, I'm not the expert in anything.
Just conversation.