PDA

View Full Version : How many Worlds are there in Defiance as of right now?

Red Gentleman
05-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Cause, I think there is Earth but are there others after you get down doing all the stuff on Earth?

argetlam350
05-03-2013, 09:15 PM
There's only Earth and after the terraforming of Earth, I would assume that there really is no means to get off the planet and even if there was there is no other inhabitable planet for lightyears.

Escyos
05-03-2013, 09:15 PM
There are no worlds, only Earth.

khanstruct
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Cause, I think there is Earth but are there others after you get down doing all the stuff on Earth?

Heh? Where did you get that idea? No, its not that kind of sci-fi.

IGears
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Earth is the only world i know of... the Votan's world was destroyed, so i dont see a future there.

Malachi
05-03-2013, 09:25 PM

Wtf are you smoking? There's only one world - Earth. That's why all the aliens are stuck on our planet.

hardy83
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Well, as far as we know the original Votan system blew up, and given the state of the world, gathering the resources to make interstellar travel would seem unlikely, though the big strato carrier the Earth Republic may indicate that we might.

It's up to the writes. I mean for all we know, in season two or something, new arks show up that no one knew about or something.

Schwa
05-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Press M. That's it.

If you can't find M, do the button-ritual on your gamepad that brings up the map. That's it.

IGears
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM

after reading this and the whole thread a few times, you really must be high or drunk. I want what you're on right now.

Red Gentleman
05-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I was told by one of my friend, that there are 7 worlds. Sorry! ^_^

Runebane
05-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Well, as far as we know the original Votan system blew up, and given the state of the world, gathering the resources to make interstellar travel would seem unlikely, though the big strato carrier the Earth Republic may indicate that we might.

It's up to the writes. I mean for all we know, in season two or something, new arks show up that no one knew about or something.

They've made it really vague on those points actually. For example their is suppose to be a crashed Ark that wasn't a total loss that many of the remaining Indogenes are studying.

Also in the timeline before the Votans left for Earth it mentions that they successfully terraformed a planet/moon there. Pretty unrealistic if the test was on a place already habitable. Which would mean they used it to terraform a lifeless hulk into something liveable. Which begs the question why they didn't do it to other places on the way to Earth. Or why they needed Earth in the first place.

But yeah... for now (and probably the foreseeable future) we only have Earth.

hardy83
05-05-2013, 07:42 AM
They've made it really vague on those points actually. For example their is suppose to be a crashed Ark that wasn't a total loss that many of the remaining Indogenes are studying.

Also in the timeline before the Votans left for Earth it mentions that they successfully terraformed a planet/moon there. Pretty unrealistic if the test was on a place already habitable. Which would mean they used it to terraform a lifeless hulk into something liveable. Which begs the question why they didn't do it to other places on the way to Earth. Or why they needed Earth in the first place.

But yeah... for now (and probably the foreseeable future) we only have Earth.

Yeah, the ark that fell in Canada. We also know nothing about what happened to the rest of the world. Just North America. How affected was Europe, Russia, Asia etc.

I find that a glaring plot hole too with the terraforming too.
You're a bunch of species on the brink of extinction, you have the tech to terraform any stellar body into something you can live on, and you decide to hedge all your bets on ONE planet.
Maybe it's because Earth had water, but if they had the ability to see water on Earth from that far away, they would've seen so many other planets with water, even moons within our solar system.

You think they would've split up and picked multiple planets to terrafrom and live on, and I suppose the writers left that open to possibility, though considering many of these Votans would've been on the arks, you think some would know if that was planned.