PDA

View Full Version : Farm for Fame

Kreedz
05-04-2013, 06:45 AM
So this is the big crossovers we can be expecting?

To get your character on the show, you need to play the game longer than anyone, buy boosts so drop rates become semi-bareable (or event noticable...) so they can break down weapons, or if you got deep pockets, buy a couple of lock boxes every hour and salvage the weapons?

And people will be doing all this for a 'rendering' of our characters likeness somewhere in the show, for maybe a few seconds (maybe even in the double digits if they're generous), with likely no lines or dialogue.

Laughable.

Think I've been treated like an idiot long enough. Peace.

Maybe I'll try defiance again, when there is actually some meat on this bone of a game.

Neptonius
05-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Maybe I'll try defiance again, when there is actually some meat on this bone of a game.

So your gonna leave? Did you hit 5k? Did you get lvl20 in All skills?

KingMike
05-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Wait, what?

You only bought the game to have a shot to get on the show?

-M

Cuddle
05-04-2013, 07:02 AM

To get your character on the show, you need to play the game longer than anyone, buy boosts so drop rates become semi-bareable (or event noticable...) so they can break down weapons, or if you got deep pockets, buy a couple of lock boxes every hour and salvage the weapons?

And people will be doing all this for a 'rendering' of our characters likeness somewhere in the show, for maybe a few seconds (maybe even in the double digits if they're generous), with likely no lines or dialogue.

Laughable.

You mean this game ISN'T a sure fire way to reignite my failed acting career? FOR SHAME, TRION, FOR SHAME.

Denim Samurai
05-04-2013, 07:08 AM
you obviously didn't read the contest rules

Illbeatyourmomtodeath
05-04-2013, 07:08 AM

Laughable.

lol what a dork

Clarkeh
05-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Breaking down weapons for salvage is not part of the contest just an FYI its raw looted ark salvage thats counted.

If anything from what i have seen SO FAR of the TV Series it just seems to run alongside eachother and when something happens in the show we'll get some pursuit/event to do thats Trion's version of interlinking the showbut who knows maybe things might change up and proove me wrong but with season one complete already i don't expect anything major.

This "get your likeness in the show" thing is basiclly a picture of your character on a wanted poster thats it guys as far as im aware no actual physical look-a-like is gonna walk up to nolan and slug him one for nicking your crystal.

WickedGame
05-04-2013, 07:23 AM
no actual physical look-a-like is gonna walk up to nolan and slug him one for nicking your crystal.

How awesome would that be if that did happen?

M00N
05-04-2013, 07:30 AM

Laughable.

It seems you havent read what they have posted at all about the competition?

First a player who play less but get more salvage has a higher chance to win.

Second buying items or getting more drops dosent help at all as items from the salvage matrix dosent add up to the competition.

Whippersnapper
05-04-2013, 07:35 AM
What information is the poster relying on to come to such conclusions?

Did Trion say something?

Edit: Ok found the post explaining it all.
1- You do not get to appear in the show or say any lines.

Artists from the Defiance series will render the winner’s likeness into a special place in an upcoming episode!

2- "winner's likeness = A makeup artist will 'make up' an actor to look like your character
3- " into a special place in an upcoming episode!" = background extra. Probably no lines of dialogue. Basically, a walk-in scene.

Since character creation is pretty limited, it will not be very distinctive. It's not like the character creation is complex enough that you can make your character look like you or anything :)

Edit #2- Best you can do is hope your character has a usable human name, or Irathient sounding name, so they can use it in the show. Then you can say "Hey look! That's me! That's me!

russell733
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
I would bet its not even a made up character, seeing that the shows were already filmed. Probably more something like your characters picture in a newspaper article, or wanted poster

LJ Eden
05-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I would bet its not even a made up character, seeing that the shows were already filmed. Probably more something like your characters picture in a newspaper article, or wanted poster

THANK YOU.

I can't believe the unrealistic expectations that some people have regarding this contest. I mean seriously, it's the MOST WANTED contest people. The winner is going to have their character put on a wanted poster that will most likely be in the background somewhere, or maybe someone will make some gender neutral comment about it.

People need to use their brains for a change.

Whippersnapper
05-04-2013, 09:20 PM
No. Its made up. Not all episodes are filmed yet. Or am I mistaken?

Basically, they will put an extra in the background or something. Maybe they'll use your character as one of Nolans deputies standing guard somewhere, or one of Datak Tarrs' lackeys, etc.

Sarin
05-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Honestly I think the 1 player crossover is a bit of a crock...

It would make more sense to have a group of Arkhunters the "winners" be featured in the news for completing the campaign or something, at least there would be some story aspect to having them there.

The TV show and Game are so, soooo very far apart from each other. Seems pretty stupid.

Kane
05-06-2013, 01:06 AM
the thing i don;t get, is what is the point, for example if i win (i didn't even subscribe but for the sake of the argument...) there will be a irath with my looks rendered somewhere in the game, the problem is, the char creation screen lacks a lot of customization options, so chances are that my char is the same as a lot more others in the game, nothing to make it unique, and seeing as the only bit of gear that is more of a grind to get is the ego one (the one that requires 4000 ego)...i really don't see the point, just render in the show a generic char (like it happens at big arkfalls when you have the attack of the clones feeling) and be done with it.

And even tho the show episodes have been filmed already, there are scenes that can be left open, or replaced altogether, an episode is not filmed beginning to end, it is filmed by scenes so there is no problem.

Wykk
05-06-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'll just leave this here... http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20130401-6a689.png