PDA

View Full Version : Feedback (and questions)

DragonHammer
05-04-2013, 06:54 AM
So, the gameplay is fun. I love 3rd person shooters. But man, i am totally lost in this game. I'm following the missions, then i have to log for the night. I log back in, completely lost on where i need to go next and what to do. Furthermore, i get to a part and i just get owned on every mission.

Are there clans or guilds in this game? Are there classes? I did the guy with the tool kit, thinking he was an engineer, but when i finally got a look at his talents, he was more a infiltrator.

Also, wheres the variety of races? I saw quite a few in the TV show, but only the humans and the cat people are available?

Oiy...think i shoulda researched this game before i bought it. Anyhow, is there any place i can go and read on how to get around in this game? I do like the combat, and it seems like it wants to be good, but i need help.

MacDeath
05-04-2013, 07:02 AM
So, the gameplay is fun. I love 3rd person shooters. But man, i am totally lost in this game. I'm following the missions, then i have to log for the night. I log back in, completely lost on where i need to go next and what to do. Furthermore, i get to a part and i just get owned on every mission.

Are there clans or guilds in this game? Are there classes? I did the guy with the tool kit, thinking he was an engineer, but when i finally got a look at his talents, he was more a infiltrator.

Also, wheres the variety of races? I saw quite a few in the TV show, but only the humans and the cat people are available?

Oiy...think i shoulda researched this game before i bought it. Anyhow, is there any place i can go and read on how to get around in this game? I do like the combat, and it seems like it wants to be good, but i need help.
Normally I would be glad to help you but... You called my people "cat people", so no soup for YOU!

WickedGame
05-04-2013, 07:37 AM
So, the gameplay is fun. I love 3rd person shooters. But man, i am totally lost in this game. I'm following the missions, then i have to log for the night. I log back in, completely lost on where i need to go next and what to do. Furthermore, i get to a part and i just get owned on every mission. Your mission markers are on your radar. Just Aim in the general direction and run/drive until you reach it. As for getting owned, you need to use a little strategy as well as your perk powers. It's not just a simple point and shoot.

Are there clans or guilds in this game? Are there classes? I did the guy with the tool kit, thinking he was an engineer, but when i finally got a look at his talents, he was more a infiltrator. There are no classes. What you pick in the beginning is just for looks. There are some clans, yes.

Also, wheres the variety of races? I saw quite a few in the TV show, but only the humans and the cat people are available? You start off with only two races. More will come in DLC and patches.

Google is your friend. I was the same as you and as others can attest too, we still endlessly search for info.

mikegonzalez2k
05-04-2013, 11:37 AM
If you are lost pull up your map screen the orange squares with Exclamation points [!] are your main quest markers.
The smaller diamonds with exclamation points are your side quests. The map legend also tells you the different types of side quest.

These are able to be completed multiple times (Hotshots, Rampages, Time Trials, etc)
The blue points on your map are fast travel locations which you unlock as you do the main quest line.
(Double click on them to teleport to that location)

There are plenty of people in game to ask as well so use the chat. You may or may not get a response since the chat system is broken, but sometimes people can help you out.

A word about the classes and races.
There are currently two races: Human and Irathient
They don't have racial bonuses so it's only for looks.

There aren't classes in this game, everyone can use every gun.
There are however 4 main Origins.
Think of these as your classes.
They will receive bonuses later for their weapon type specialties

Veteran: (Marine) , Assault Rifles, SMGs, Incinerators
Survivalist: (Sniper), Pistols and Sniper Rifles
Outlaw: (Heavy Gunner) Pistols, Shotguns and Detonators
Machinist: (Engineer/Healer), LMGs, BMGs and Infectors

Choose class based on weapons you like the most.
Also match them up with which EGO Power/ Perks you will focus on.

These are the ones I find work the best together
Veteran, Overcharge (Steady stream of damage)
Survivalist/Cloak (High crit damage/1 shot kills)
Outlaw/Blur (Run up and heavy damage then melee)
Machinist/Decoy (DoT and slow enemy, heal friends, decoy to draw fire)

Note: You will eventually learn all of the EGO Powers so you can mix it up later. Keep that in mind as you choose your path on the GRID.