PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? Patch/downtime....on a SATURDAY???

jedeyejoe
05-04-2013, 07:11 AM
Honestly, it's like these guys don't understand how to run an MMO. You NEVER take the servers down on the BUSIEST DAYS-the WEEKENDS. I am sick and tired of these ridiculous downtimes with this game. The BETA for DUST is in better shape than this one.

Thomas1975
05-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Honestly, it's like these guys don't understand how to run an MMO. You NEVER take the servers down on the BUSIEST DAYS-the WEEKENDS. I am sick and tired of these ridiculous downtimes with this game. The BETA for DUST is in better shape than this one.

I agree. I am a computer tech and the first thing we learned was never take the servers down when it is busy. thay need to do the patching at like 3 or 4am.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 07:14 AM

dude its to add the new vendor for the rare dodge challangers for the weekend event chill out lol its 30 min not all day ;-)

RabMan
05-04-2013, 07:15 AM
dude its to add the new vendor for the rare dodge challangers for the weekend event chill out lol its 30 min not all day ;-)

To be fair, it should have been added when they added the challenge. Since they forgot, it requires an additional downtime. Poor planning overall.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 07:15 AM
I agree. I am a computer tech and the first thing we learned was never take the servers down when it is busy. thay need to do the patching at like 3 or 4am.

like I said though they are adding limited time content for the weekend so what else can the day n well servers like this go down all at once n if ur in the USA 4 am for you is 10 am for me so they cant please every1

Rebellius555
05-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Nolifes have to eat too.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 07:17 AM
To be fair, it should have been added when they added the challenge. Since they forgot, it requires an additional downtime. Poor planning overall.

wasn't forgot what ppl don't know is u need a 100 rep to get it yes? so the add it a day before giving u a chance to know about it earn more rep n then the vendor goes up meenin if you stick at it you can at least get 1 of them cmon dude u think they just forgot a full team of ppl highly trained in what they do who already have a world wide mmo?

UnchartedDestiny
05-04-2013, 07:18 AM

For 30 mins.. to update the Paradise store so you can get the limited colored Challengers. If you're seriously b*itching about this.. being 30 mins.. then God forbid you obtaining what? 10, 15, 000 XP lost in the 30 min update? Yea, that's something to b*tch.. all you people do is b*tch and complain. MMO's are hard to do to begin with. Get it thru your thick skulls. NO one has really mastered MMO's yet, but Trion has definitely been the first to take that leap into trying. And honestly, besides the server issues and game bugs, this game has definitely been the best MMO made so far.

For you impatient whiners, shut up, or quit the game. Kleenex is running out of tissues for you. The game will get fixed, patience IS a virtue.

Giles
05-04-2013, 07:18 AM
If you have nothing better to do with the 30 minutes the server is down, you could bring me some coffee and breakfast. And clean my house. My lawn also needs some attention if you're still deathly bored. :P

Cynical Jester
05-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I have no life!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9JBvcF4RJd-tNU_EmEkRAKh01GUwRHUodzCuXQBkGzejFy9Cx

MordecaiHunter
05-04-2013, 07:20 AM
TRION How about Consideration for EU Players when planning the time you pull the plug, 3.20 Saturday afternoon i wonder how many people bought the game today and cant get on,

Ch1naTownBoy
05-04-2013, 07:21 AM
If you have nothing better to do with the 30 minutes the server is down, you could bring me some coffee and breakfast. And clean my house. My lawn also needs some attention if you're still deathly bored. :P

don't forget about washing the car, he seems to have nothing else to do.

tenoob
For 30 mins.. to update the Paradise store so you can get the limited colored Challengers. If you're seriously b*itching about this.. being 30 mins.. then God forbid you obtaining what? 10, 15, 000 XP lost in the 30 min update? Yea, that's something to b*tch.. all you people do is b*tch and complain. MMO's are hard to do to begin with. Get it thru your thick skulls. NO one has really mastered MMO's yet, but Trion has definitely been the first to take that leap into trying. And honestly, besides the server issues and game bugs, this game has definitely been the best MMO made so far.

For you impatient whiners, shut up, or quit the game. Kleenex is running out of tissues for you. The game will get fixed, patience IS a virtue.

Piling negativity on top of negativity, way to send a positive message.

ryzo

For you impatient whiners, shut up, or quit the game. Kleenex is running out of tissues for you. The will be get fixed, patience IS a virtue.

yeah I get what you meen mate you play a MMO at the start then you know ur in for a rocky time simple cmon even the infamous world of warcarft had more issuses than that anything back in the early days

Ch1naTownBoy
TRION How about Consideration for EU Players when planning the time you pull the plug, 3.20 Saturday afternoon i wonder how many people bought the game today and cant get on,

no one cares about EU.

Giles
05-04-2013, 07:22 AM
I shouldn't be on forums..it makes me want to smother everyone with a pillow and go "Shhhhhh..." ._.

tangotown
05-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately the server is still down fingers crossed for the evening or 2moz to play

abakai
05-04-2013, 07:23 AM

I am usually too polite to post anything like this but I pretty much sums up what I think.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Piling negativity on top of negativity, way to send a positive message.

maybe he didn't put it across the best of ways but cmon the guy has a point why is it forums are always filled with douch bags and cry babys rather than giving credit to the many good things the game has ppl cry about the little things its done wrong cant be that bad as these haters still login and come on the forums

Cynical Jester
05-04-2013, 07:24 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyG6TEy9aHXn-nGXiAtLlA6pKgIawjP8k96hgsIRSlso4FjkZu

RabMan
05-04-2013, 07:24 AM
wasn't forgot what ppl don't know is u need a 100 rep to get it yes? so the add it a day before giving u a chance to know about it earn more rep n then the vendor goes up meenin if you stick at it you can at least get 1 of them cmon dude u think they just forgot a full team of ppl highly trained in what they do who already have a world wide mmo?

Like we all don't have 600+ rep with Paradise faction already. If their last patch is any indication of the unpreparedness with the addition of Freightyard, and removal of freightyard, and unplanned hours of maintenance, they don't appear to have a good handle on a part of the process. Lets not harken back to the patch before that with similar behavior.

I don't need to site this data, you simply need to be a user to see the instability, poorly done patches and scrambling to repair the damage caused by them.

I agree there's no need to rage about the downtime, but I can't help but shake my head when the server is brought down daily, for fixes to fixes.

Thomas1975
05-04-2013, 07:25 AM
like I said though they are adding limited time content for the weekend so what else can the day n well servers like this go down all at once n if ur in the USA 4 am for you is 10 am for me so they cant please every1

True, However, 4am would be 8am here...lol

Serina
05-04-2013, 07:26 AM
:o etto... ehhh... another emergency for server down :confused: or did I miss message in game play they take it down :confused:

ryzo
to cheer every1 up hears a song to pass the time lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

tenoob
maybe he didn't put it across the best of ways but cmon the guy has a point why is it forums are always filled with douch bags and cry babys rather than giving credit to the many good things the game has ppl cry about the little things its done wrong cant be that bad as these haters still login and come on the forums

That is what forums are for, to rant, complain, share, discuss, etc.

Can't be tolerant of one and not the other, if someone starts a negative thread complaining, ignore it, don't bump it up.

OrpheusXI
05-04-2013, 07:27 AM
It's 30mins at 10am, just go masterbait or something.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Like we all don't have 600+ rep with Paradise faction already. If their last patch is any indication of the unpreparedness with the addition of Freightyard, and removal of freightyard, and unplanned hours of maintenance, they don't appear to have a good handle on a part of the process. Lets not harken back to the patch before that with similar behavior.

I don't need to site this data, you simply need to be a user to see the instability, poorly done patches and scrambling to repair the damage caused by them.

I agree there's no need to rage about the downtime, but I can't help but shake my head when the server is brought down daily, for fixes to fixes.

my point is thought your still playing aint ya? must be doing something right to then hmm?

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I love that people are typing such elegant responses in a thread that nobody will ever read again after the server goes up in about two minutes.

RabMan
05-04-2013, 07:30 AM
my point is thought your still playing aint ya? must be doing something right to then hmm?

At no point did I ever say, I didn't enjoy the game. I did however agree with the sentiment that their patching/fixing process is crummy at best.

ItISLupus
05-04-2013, 07:34 AM

Or, more likely, it wasn't ready to be implemented.

tenoob
05-04-2013, 07:35 AM
At no point did I ever say, I didn't enjoy the game. I did however agree with the sentiment that their patching/fixing process is crummy at best.

I'm sure other people agree, even if they are trolling those who share the same sentiment.

Downtime = boredom for some, since they probably live in rural areas where there is nothing better to do.

Let us pity those less fortunate, like myself, stuck in crappy West Texas.

ghost_ol3a
05-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm sure other people agree, even if they are trolling those who share the same sentiment.

Downtime = boredom for some, since they probably live in rural areas where there is nothing better to do.

Let us pity those less fortunate, like myself, stuck in crappy West Texas.

i thought you said oregon or something the other day:confused:

ItISLupus
05-04-2013, 07:38 AM

today's patch is @ 7 am pdt I'm sorry this isn't peak hours for the time zone nor is the east coast equivalent of 10 am. Most people, myself included if I weren't at work, are still asleep/doing something important.

Pryzm
05-04-2013, 07:39 AM
And 30 mins turns into an hour, this seems all too familiar

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:41 AM
I would like to point out here that it has been 40 minutes and I still can't log on. Not angry or anything. I'm having fun on the forums. But this is why they should have tried to patch it when their main audience was still sleeping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCUwQIn3GrU

OrpheusXI
05-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Is this MapleStory? Or is Nexon in charge? Nah, Cash shop is too crappy for it be them.

Reaper44
05-04-2013, 07:44 AM

They said that before and downtime was alot longer than 30min. so don't blindly believe everything you see m8.

Thomas1975
05-04-2013, 07:44 AM
It's 30mins at 10am, just go masterbait or something.

Good idea!!! OH **** im married can't do that.

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:45 AM
They should do these updates when North Korea is waking up to play video games...since they don't have any.

Pale Rider
05-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Or, more likely, it wasn't ready to be implemented.

the whole thing is a joke anyways they are just adding 3 colors that already can be found as a 500 scrip special at normal venders

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Good idea!!! OH **** im married can't do that.

You can't *** off if you're married? I'm glad my caustic personality has prevented me from getting married.

aussie554
They said that before and downtime was alot longer than 30min. so don't blindly believe everything you see m8.

yup been longer than 30 min already lol

Thomas1975
today's patch is @ 7 am pdt I'm sorry this isn't peak hours for the time zone nor is the east coast equivalent of 10 am. Most people, myself included if I weren't at work, are still asleep/doing something important.

I live on the east coast, i was doing something importent. i was playing Defiance...lol

Thomas1975
05-04-2013, 07:47 AM
You can't *** off if you're married? I'm glad my caustic personality has prevented me from getting married.

Don't Get married, they think that own everything!!!!! lmao

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:48 AM
I thought Trion had a lot of experience with implementing mmo's.

soarra
05-04-2013, 07:48 AM

and most of us are sick and tired of the whiney self entitled little brats who call themselves gamers nowadays.

tenoob
05-04-2013, 07:49 AM
i thought you said oregon or something the other day:confused:

Nah, the homie lives in Oregon dyp I think it was.

I was born and raised on the West Coast though, Long Beach Cali.

Nil8
05-04-2013, 07:49 AM
30 min HA HA, right. 2 hrs and counting.

aussie554
05-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I live on the east coast, i was doing something importent. i was playing Defiance...lol

HECK YA Thomas!!! lol

Genesis VII
05-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Looks like the EU servers are back on, well for me anyways :)

Nil8
05-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Alberta Canada... nothing

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Well, now it's ten o'clock in chicago...getting closer and closer to peak gaming times, and Trion is stuck with their pant's around their ankles trying to upload some stupid ****ing colors for vehicles? That represents poor planning. Anybody who has ever worked with computers knows to make changes when there is lots of time to recover from the inevitable debacle that WILL occur. for example, they could do this at, say, 3 am central time. Then, when the whole thing goes down the crappie, they would have plenty of time to fiddle with it and they would only be angering a few insomniacs (and gamers in the EU). I never update software at my job unless I have twenty-four hours to deal with a problem, and my software is simpler than Defiance by a longshot.

Bunyan
05-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Enough crying, servers are up

ncanning
05-04-2013, 07:59 AM
30 mins = code for 2 hours. Most games do updates and maint on weekday nights during the least busy hours.

I wish they would at least make half hearted attemps at making decent estimates of downtimes.

These 2 things really show how much this company cares about it's clientele. It's sad because I like the game but they are killing it with thier total lack of concern for their customers. I'm glad I didn't buy a season pass or anything like i wanted too.

I also like how they put things on the start up screen like "fix to dam defense" but it's still not playable. Another BS stunt to disappoint players. Oh well...

General Sideboob
05-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Enough crying, servers are up

Ok. I take it all back. See you in the game.

ewen1972
05-04-2013, 08:28 AM

I thought getting married ment you had to! Once the rings on the finger it all changes :-D

Bunyan
05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Ok. I take it all back. See you in the game.

Lol, that was awesome