PDA

View Full Version : PATCHES on a SATURDAY???

Cerberas
05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
WoW done the same kind of stuff until ALL the players rebelled big time. You dont bring your servers down on your highest usage days. You bring your servers down around 3am WESTERN time, waiting till 8pm on the EAST coast because you guys dont care about us as long as you get off work by 5pm WEST Coast time is getting tiresome. Alot of us got your Ultimate Edition and so far thinking the normal edition and waiting till you got your ducks in a row would have been better..

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 08:04 AM
WoW done the same kind of stuff until ALL the players rebelled big time. You dont bring your servers down on your highest usage days. You bring your servers down around 3am WESTERN time, waiting till 8pm on the EAST coast because you guys dont care about us as long as you get off work by 5pm WEST Coast time is getting tiresome. Alot of us got your Ultimate Edition and so far thinking the normal edition and waiting till you got your ducks in a row would have been better..

Fail troll

And WoW takes down the server for almost the entire day. Today is only 30min to 1 hour.

Also SERVER ARE NOW BACK UP.

Jeff Kaos
05-04-2013, 08:09 AM
It doesn't matter what other companies do because I'm not playing their games, "if your friends all jump off a bridge will you too"? But taking your servers down on a Saturday is just wrong.

Yenah
05-04-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm sorry, was the WoW players rebelling statement a joke? Because I lol'd. Internet rebellion! Rawr! Lets have an e-riot!
...Seriously, get over it.

ItISLupus
05-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, also this is nowhere near peak hours. if it were mid day, I would understand. but early morning? Go eat breakfast, take a shower, wash the car, give your child the affection they most definitely need before they become bitter and entitled like you.
(not directed at anyone in particular)

IGears
05-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Yeah, also this is nowhere near peak hours. if it were mid day, I would understand. but early morning? Go eat breakfast, take a shower, wash the car, give your child the affection they most definitely need before they become bitter and entitled like you.
(not directed at anyone in particular)

lol just got out of the shower and was thinking about washing my car today... still need to eat breakfast though

ItISLupus
05-04-2013, 08:22 AM
It doesn't matter what other companies do because I'm not playingxk their games, "if your friends all jump off a bridge will you too"? But taking your servers down on a Saturday is just wrong.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/bridge.png

edit: not condoning the post. just stating a flaw in your logic

Warlander
05-04-2013, 08:29 AM
oh grow up, this game needs more patches , not to be waiting on your schedule.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I appreciate that they're working on a weekend to try and fix problems.

Firetalion
05-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Eh, they needed to do this in order to add the special vehicle vendors, so I can handle it.

Too bad they didn't modify the vehicle stats like they promised, while we're on the subject of 'fail'.

Jeff Kaos
05-04-2013, 08:51 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/bridge.png

edit: not condoning the post. just stating a flaw in your logic
What flaw? Just because WoW does something doesn't make it okay. WoW charges $15/month for their game, by the logic of your little cartoon Defiance should too. Actually, I just figured it out. You probably save that little cartoon and whip it out any time someone says "just because your friends......yadda yadda yadda".

Ninno20
05-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Ohhhh noooos did you loose 15 minutes of play time. Life is so hard for you.... /lets cry on shoulder.

And change vehicle stats? since when? they said they were bringing in new cars which they did, they did say they would have altered stats but meh.

People cry on days when nothing gets updated and then cry when they do, stop being a spoiled little brat and just play the game.

Wahhhhh my silver spoon is to big.

Pyth
05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
First. World. Problems.

BadPanther86
05-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I appreciating what they did. Sure it was a little annoying but you can wait an hour or thirty minutes. They took their time on a weekend for us.

Myria
05-04-2013, 09:20 AM
And WoW takes down the server for almost the entire day.

Since when? While on rare occasion the servers are down for an extended time, most of the time it's a couple of hours, always on the same day (Tuesday) so you know ahead of time. Often they skip and don't take it down at all if they don't need to.

I get that people don't like WoW, but it would help if they actually knew something about it before making BS statements.

Rasczak
05-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry, was the WoW players rebelling statement a joke? Because I lol'd. Internet rebellion! Rawr! Lets have an e-riot!
...Seriously, get over it.

It's happened (and yes, I laugh my *** off at this, too). There was a rather large guild back in Everquest 1. If they did not get realm firsts on Dungeon completions, or something else caused them to get upset, they would pull enough of their numbers into a single area to lag, stutter, then crash the server.

Years later, the two leaders of that were Developers on World of Warcraft. I kid you not, look it up.

Miserere
05-04-2013, 11:08 AM
It's happened (and yes, I laugh my *** off at this, too). There was a rather large guild back in Everquest 1. If they did not get realm firsts on Dungeon completions, or something else caused them to get upset, they would pull enough of their numbers into a single area to lag, stutter, then crash the server.

Years later, the two leaders of that were Developers on World of Warcraft. I kid you not, look it up.

Yup. He speaks the truth. Make enough fuss and people will take notice. Or crash their server enough times. Either way.

crasher
05-04-2013, 01:02 PM
It doesn't matter what other companies do because I'm not playing their games, "if your friends all jump off a bridge will you too"? But taking your servers down on a Saturday is just wrong.

Hatin' on the BASE jumpers now, are we?

:D

DeMoted
05-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Anyone notice he never posted again... TROLL