PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Challenge Cars

Kinson
05-04-2013, 08:11 AM
From the contest description:

Join us in our first Dodge High Speed Challenge weekend! Players can log into Defiance and speed into a new Paradise daily contract and race against the clock in return for access to the Paradise Faction. Once a player has acquired access, there will be a new Paradise merchant that will sell multiple colors of the exclusive Dodge Challenger that will include modified stats.

I am looking at the three available at the Paradise vendor and I don't see any modified stats.

The stats are identical to the black version you get from the racing pursuits, and slightly slower than the preorder version.

Am I missing something?

I'll indulge in the new skins anyway but was hoping that modified stats maybe meant higher top speed, more boost, higher durability, or something along those lines. I guess I assumed to much by the passage highlighted above.

Firetalion
05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
You must be playing the Defiance demo. The official game isn't out yet. =0)

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 08:14 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?59723-Racing-Pro-Vendor-for-your-Dodge.

Go there and check it out your self. =D

rextab
05-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Where is the new vendor? Do you really have to place gold to even access it?

Edit: thanks for the post on where it is.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 08:15 AM
Where is the new vendor? Do you really have to place gold to even access it?

Check my link:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?59725-Dodge-Challenge-Cars&p=537120&viewfull=1#post537120

Kinson
05-04-2013, 08:16 AM
The Racing Pro vendor appears to be at every major hub. However, the point still stands that I see no real modified stats! :(

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 08:17 AM
I also wondered whether the "modified stats" comment would mean some sort of "High Performance" variant of the Dodge, but it looks like they're exactly the same as the ones I already own from normal vendor sales.

The Red Dodge from the pre-order is still the fastest vehicle in the game (and that's fine, they advertised it as such with the caveat that it may not be any longer at some point in the future, but I think people were probably expecting that benefit to remain intact for at least a few months). I thought maybe they'd get creative and make one of the Dodges have a higher health pool, another do the most damage, etc.

DJTrig
They are exactly the same as the specials you could already get,no stat difference.Also you don't need to do the contract to open the vendor (wife only got bronze and still bought the 2 she didn't have).

Haffoc
I wouldn't bother, they're just the Challengers that were once random vendor specials, now you need faction rep of 100 for each colour. The stats appear to be the same as the Orange Hemi you can get from one of the spawned vendors.

This was a rather pointless change, the whole purpose of which appears to be to force people to grind rep.

Neptonius
05-04-2013, 08:21 AM
This was a rather pointless change, the whole purpose of which appears to be to force people to grind rep.

I dont mind rep grind, IF only the goals would "reset" quicker.

IIIB StripesIII
05-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I wouldn't bother, they're just the Challengers that were once random vendor specials, now you need faction rep of 100 for each colour. The stats appear to be the same as the Orange Hemi you can get from one of the spawned vendors.

Agreed. I was interested in this for many reasons. One, I liked having the rare vehicle colors, so I wanted to know how they were going to get them out to the unlucky people. The only one I am missing is the Bright White and I can't justify spending 100 rep and 14.5k (when the stats are no different) just to get it. I'll catch it as a special sometime.

Haffoc
05-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Rep grind is fine, but taking something that was just random vendor special, claiming it is something special and new, and slapping a rep requirement...

Steeldragonz
Why am i not surprised that the stats are the same, i came to the forums to see if it was just me seeing this, as i would of happily burned some script on these. But Thanks Devs proving that no patch and no issue that needs fixing will ever actually get fixed in the patch its meant to.... slowly finding i can't recommend this game anymore.

Haffoc
I'll catch it as a special sometime.

I would imagine that they've removed them from the normal vendor lists.

Firetalion
05-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Eh, it's gonna make the people who originally got the cars randomly just feel like they're not special anymore. I was looking forward to the modified stats too, not just a modified paint job.

On some bright side, at least we have some use for that paradise rep that was otherwise useless.

The dark side of that being the dead battery challenger cars are the worst in the game, can't climb hills and can't get over bumps.

And AHHHH!!!, what is up with random emergencies popping up on really difficult racetracks? The only way I got gold for this was someone cleared the emergency in the road ahead of me before I went around the track for my fifth try in a row...

IIIB StripesIII
05-04-2013, 08:28 AM

Good point. I can only hope though right?

Eh, it's gonna make the people who originally got the cars randomly just feel like they're not special anymore. I was looking forward to the modified stats too, not just a modified paint job.

Honestly, yea it sucks a little bit. I never saw another Plum Crazy Challenger until last night. I had mine on day 3 or so. It felt pretty awesome while it lasted.

CrYpToNiTe
05-04-2013, 08:29 AM
what a killjoy...... 100 rep n 14k for a car that's nothing special... wow you guys really outdid yourselves man.. I am starting to have doubts on the thing u guys are doing. All the hype for something we can get as specials from vendors. Wow...... sigh...... :(

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 08:34 AM

I would imagine they'd mention that in the patch notes if they did. I'm sure they're aware people spend time bouncing between vendors looking for vehicles.

BraveDude8
05-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I expected High Performace versions - like the pre-order car.

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I was expecting something different from the wording, but it's not the end of the world. We received a new race that, for once, uses a car instead of a quad. That counts for something - content is content and fun side races don't automatically suck just because they don't reward you with the keys to a pimped out ride.

DejaVooDoo
05-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I would imagine they'd mention that in the patch notes if they did. I'm sure they're aware people spend time bouncing between vendors looking for vehicles.

Why imagine that? I haven't seen single patch come through without them changing something and not mentioning it. Also, as indicated by the "modified stats", they mention things in the patch notes that they don't actually change. We haven't had a single set of accurate patch notes yet, why would that change?

Haffoc
05-04-2013, 08:41 AM

You really think they're going to have rep items that cost 14.5k and 100 rep, on standard vendors as a random for 500? That defeats the point of making them rep items.

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 08:45 AM
You really think they're going to have rep items that cost 14.5k and 100 rep, on standard vendors as a random for 500? That defeats the point of making them rep items.

I assume the point of the "rep grind" is to give players a temporary alternative method of earning these cars that relies on skill more than luck. Waiting to catch them as a special sale is likely to take you far more time than earning 15k and 100 rep, so sure.. why not. All the cars that are already 15k show up as vendor specials.

They might have changed it, but if we're going to pull assumptions out of the air you might as well assume a pink dodge charger can show up on the vendor special sales now. It wasn't in the patch notes, but what is? :P

Mattias Nilsson
05-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Just another case of being blatently lied to again. No surprise at this point.

Unchained
05-04-2013, 08:53 AM
well im more pissed that i played that race over and over to get gold and all it gives me is 25 rep. where do i get the rest for the car

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Just another case of being blatently lied to again. No surprise at this point.

It may just be a case of bad wording (spin) on their part combined with bad interpretation on our part.

"Once a player has acquired access, there will be a new Paradise merchant that will sell multiple colors of the exclusive Dodge Challenger that will include modified stats."

What they may have been trying to say is this:

"Once a player has acquired access, there will be a new Paradise merchant that will sell multiple color variations of the exclusive Red Dodge Challenger pre-order bonus, but with modified stats that make it somewhat inferior."

Ninno20
05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Grind rep? I had more then enough =/ + you can't actually grind rep, this isn't WoW. You get 1 daily a day and 1 weekly a week, hardly a grind.

DejaVooDoo
05-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Grind rep? I had more then enough =/ + you can't actually grind rep, this isn't WoW. You get 1 daily a day and 1 weekly a week, hardly a grind.

Actually, yesterday I got 3 weeklies per faction for toolworks, vbi, and soleptor. they just kept resetting after I finished them

Ape One
05-04-2013, 09:10 AM
so let me get this straight; you don't have to get a gold on the jeck'n race; you just need the scrip and rep???

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 09:12 AM
so let me get this straight; you don't have to get a gold on the jeck'n race; you just need the scrip and rep???

I think getting a gold unlocks the ability to buy them from the vendor, but that's probably broken.

Ninno20
05-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I think getting a gold unlocks the ability to buy them from the vendor, but that's probably broken.

No you just have to do the race thats it.

Haffoc
05-04-2013, 09:21 AM

Stop being such a pedant.

Ape One
05-04-2013, 09:24 AM
o no bro! I suck at this race. T_T o well; ^_^

BraveDude8
05-04-2013, 09:26 AM
o no bro! I suck at this race. T_T o well; ^_^

It's not worth it, don't bother.

ryzo
05-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I also wondered whether the "modified stats" comment would mean some sort of "High Performance" variant of the Dodge, but it looks like they're exactly the same as the ones I already own from normal vendor sales.

The Red Dodge from the pre-order is still the fastest vehicle in the game (and that's fine, they advertised it as such with the caveat that it may not be any longer at some point in the future, but I think people were probably expecting that benefit to remain intact for at least a few months). I thought maybe they'd get creative and make one of the Dodges have a higher health pool, another do the most damage, etc.

like ur idea plus stat changes like that could come with diff looks E.G extra health dodge should have a a mod on the front like a gard to smash into things the high damage dodge could have spikes on the front and back would make it fun I think

ryzo
05-04-2013, 09:33 AM
It's not worth it, don't bother.

it kinda is a meen cmon lets face it this game is a game all about showing off by unlocking outfits n car skins n stuff n yeah most may have this now but down the line when all these challenges are gone n stuff new players will still be earning the black 1 after a while but this will be gone makin these 3 cars prob the most rare down the line

ryzo
05-04-2013, 09:34 AM
oh n guys if u need to pick only 1 id defo go white or plump the metallic 1 isn't all that great lookin out of plumb n white id go white only use 2 cars in my loadouts now dogde white and black think they are both mega cool

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 09:37 AM

I'm referring to this statement:

"The Paradise merchant will be pushed live in the next 24 hours, you’re able to complete Gold and gain the Paradise merchant rep for access to the Dodge Challengers."

That's why I said I think it requires gold, but that it's "probably broken".

Ninno20
05-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I'm referring to this statement:

"The Paradise merchant will be pushed live in the next 24 hours, you’re able to complete Gold and gain the Paradise merchant rep for access to the Dodge Challengers."

Iv had seen people with bronze get it, so im guessing atm is just completing the race.

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Part of me suspects the following will happen:

1) Trion will say "oops, the vendor is supposed to be selling versions of those cars with modified stats. That's a bug." and then will eventually update the vendor with the right variants.

2) Players will point out they already purchased the wrong car from the vendor.

3) Trion will promise to figure out a way to provide players who have already made the wrong purchase with the correct car, but it will likely take over a month to do.

4) The forum will flood with "Dude, where's my car?" threads during that time.

Iceberg
05-04-2013, 09:52 AM
After 15 tries of doing that dumb race and finally getting gold, I ran over to the nearest pro race merchant and looked for my spoils. Low and behold, the stats are the same as my black one, well played Trion, well played.

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-04-2013, 09:57 AM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz54/K1LLSVV1TCH/20130504_095219.jpg

I got the whitey

Indra Echo
05-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Agree that they should stick by what they said-vehicle should have modified stats. Also, it was in the Paradise contract for completing the challenge that it said you needed to get gold. I think there was also a message on the player select screen-the one for announcements that said you'd win or get the exclusive Challenger by getting gold. Doesn't matter, I don't care what others get, so if they got it without getting gold, great for them.

The other thing is I don't mind grinding-it is a game and part of that is about grinding, getting loot, selling loot, buying other loot. I do mind the absolute randomness of dumb luck this challenge has-gates that don't spawn, cars that don't, cars that disappear when I'm nearing the end, and so on. Finally got it on about my 200th try (it seems) and didn't do anything different from all the other times when random crap happened. Grinding, fine. But it should make sense.

shadowkin
05-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Why.... why waste time doing stuff like this? this game is objectively pretty terrible, but i love it for some reason. Fix the game man PLEASE. when friends ask me if it is good, i get kinda embarassed and my response starts with "well.." last thing i need is my friends getting annoyed at me for wasting their money. I tell them the shooting frels nice but it simplistic and generic eith nothing to do but minichallenges

Grimwyrd
05-04-2013, 10:39 AM
100 rep?!?? OMGWTF!!!

I already have four challengers I don't use (red, orange, black & white) and wanted to buy the last two challengers I won't use to complete the set! But I only have 100 rep, so now I have to decide: Plum Crazy or Billet Metallic! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

/ragequit

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I wonder when they're going to add in the black dodge challenger with the fat red stripe going down the side. They've used it in some videos.

Iceberg
05-04-2013, 12:49 PM
With all the hills, jumps, and crazy stunts I hope Trion puts in the dukes of hazards car!

maj Anvil
05-04-2013, 01:11 PM
so beat the chalenge on bronze silver and gold never got enough to get the new callengers any help?

Era
05-04-2013, 03:13 PM

There is no change, you can still get em from shop specials. This is for people that don't want to spam special checking.

BraveDude8
05-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah, they lied when they said it would have "modified stats". It's just the vendor special.

HadesOrphan
05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
What am I doing wrong? I got gold in the pro race for the challenger but only have 85 rep, How do I get the other 15 points?

omega32x
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I have not gotten gold anything with any of the races. Closest iv gotten to anything is silver and the vendors were unlocked for me when i went there and that is the first thing i went to was the vendor. Bought the plum colored car looks like a nice variant model.

lauta55
05-05-2013, 12:18 AM
yep, you only need 100 rep and 14k to buy the car!

lauta55
05-05-2013, 12:18 AM
What am I doing wrong? I got gold in the pro race for the challenger but only have 85 rep, How do I get the other 15 points?
do the explosions 101 coop map, it will give you 50 rep points

Defenze
05-05-2013, 12:50 AM
With all the hills, jumps, and crazy stunts I hope Trion puts in the dukes of hazards car!

I am from the south and would holler "yeeeeeeeehawwww" if they put that car in. Just would be so max dope. For me anyway.

Arendey
05-26-2013, 01:22 PM
There IS a difference in stats, here is the black compared to the 3 "rare" dodges: White, Plum and Metallic, those are level 20 roller stats

Black Metallic White Plum
HP 8400 8540 8120 8680
DMG 7280 7112 7616 6944
speed 35.7 35.7 35.7 35.7
boost speed 33.3 33.3 33.3 33.3
boost refill 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.5
boost amount 3.1 3.3 3.1 3.1

Assasino
05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Well the Dukes of hazards car is a Charger and we have not heard if they were adding any in.
I hope so, better yet i can send them pics of mine to add in game, lol

Iceberg
05-26-2013, 02:27 PM
yep, you only need 100 rep and 14k to buy the car!

Its 25,000 now.