PDA

View Full Version : Use of Mic, and social side of the game.

BaldBaBoon
05-04-2013, 12:20 PM
There is a constant moan on the forums about how defiance is lacking a certain social aspect, a lack of chat and general interaction between players. After a week of having the misfortune of my computer receiving the mic broadcasts of random players/groups and being unable to disconnect it.....I can only say that I will not miss this feature, if no-one ever speaks to me....ever again, in-game.

Seriously....I do not need to hear, or can even understand why you would want to share..

1) Your utter...crap....music, that resembles a mentally challenged goldfish,headbutting an empty coke can inside its tank while being tasered by a screeching cat.

2) Neo-fascistand white supremist marching songs in various european languages.

3) Your attempts at American rap, especially from what sounds like a 10 year old from Manchester....using swear words that at his age, he would be physically incapable of doing until he achieves puberty.

4) A running commentary on your bowel problems, to the person you are sat next to...forgetting you are on mic.

5) random, bloody.... squeeches, shrieks, yells and heavy breathing...are you being molested by the family dog while gaming ?...if you are, I still do not want to know about it while we are looking for lost soldiers on an island.

6) Continued pestering of your team mates, even when they apologise and state that they cannot understand your language....I try my best, I can ask you get your breast's out in German and how to order a beer and a brattie...and do you like the look of my little green peas in French.

voice communication in games can be awesome and fun, but at least use a little decorum when talking to strangers.

Jackobite
05-04-2013, 12:31 PM
If I lived to be a hundred I still will never understand why people play music (usually real garbage) down the mic

Rasczak
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
If my circle and I want to voice chat in game, we have a 3rd party program for that. One that we can create channels on, mute, segregate, and so forth.

Whether it was WoW, DCUO, or now Defiance-- as PC players my crew and I will never, ever use an MMOs (typically) subpar attempt at in-game VOIP.

To the rest of the PC platform Defiance crowd, that's why we'll use text chat to talk to you. Well, not in this game, at any rate. Trion made sure of that.

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm just as easily annoyed but people buy an MMO to play and communicate with others. Otherwise this is just toddler BORDERLANDS....

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-04-2013, 12:57 PM
This is why I'm always in party chat on the 360. If I'm not then I have area chat muted and only text chat people with my USB keyboard.

Buddy of mine will occasionally play the Chicken Dance in area chat while running over arkfall skitterlings in his Nomad when he's trolling, but thats about it, and that's more funny than annoying. xD

Luckily us console peasants don't have to deal with the same voice chat crap you Master Race people do. :p