PDA

View Full Version : Exploit - Get 1080 with your runner

mikegonzalez2k
05-04-2013, 01:13 PM

You see that bridge just south of that location.
Get on your runner and do a boost off the bridge towards into the vehicles parked by the pole.
If you land perfectly on top of them they will bounce you really high vertically into the air.
That will give you plenty of time to spin around before you come down.

Dwane
05-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Why exploit one of the easiest pursuit subpart?

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Just go to the hidden place.

Blak
05-04-2013, 01:23 PM
This isn't an exploit at all. You have no idea what an exploit is if you think this is one.

The code in this game forces your vehicle off any mission related object to prevent you from causing others grief.

There is an event that has Hellbugs coming in waves as you pump poison down into the ground to kill them. These pumps are located all over and if you run your runner into one you will start bouncing all over like a pinball.

In short... not an exploit,... and getting a 1080 is super easy after you progress a little down into San Fran.... tons of areas to get a 1080 without even trying.:rolleyes:

Quiet
05-04-2013, 01:53 PM
As someone said about the hidden place - there is a building in SF - tall... VERY tall (ok so not so hidden) but - did you know you can climb it? And jump off in your runner? and spin crazy on the way down? and not die? and do I need to be more clear how easy this is?

Iceberg
05-04-2013, 02:05 PM
As someone said about the hidden place - there is a building in SF - tall... VERY tall (ok so not so hidden) but - did you know you can climb it? And jump off in your runner? and spin crazy on the way down? and not die? and do I need to be more clear how easy this is?

I had to finish a mission that was at that tower before the game would let me climb it.

ironhands
05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
there's a mountain beside The Crater. easily get it driving off of there, probably easier than this "exploit"

Panthan
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Why exploit for that?
The cliff near the very 1st camp you get to after leaving the tutorial mission works just fine, with lvl 20 skill you can easely do a 1080 degree there, probebly a 1440 if you really want to.

Chaskcryaotic
05-04-2013, 05:35 PM
On top of Top Notch Toolworks simple as pie avoid the bridge spin three times land in the water DONE

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 08:04 PM

You see that bridge just south of that location.
Get on your runner and do a boost off the bridge towards into the vehicles parked by the pole.
If you land perfectly on top of them they will bounce you really high vertically into the air.
That will give you plenty of time to spin around before you come down.

Here is the exploit video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuQdgUEydeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuQdgUEydeY

Whippersnapper
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes please. I need a place where I can complete a 380 spin or whatever they call it.

mikegonzalez2k
05-05-2013, 03:39 AM
This isn't an exploit at all. You have no idea what an exploit is if you think this is one.

The code in this game forces your vehicle off any mission related object to prevent you from causing others grief.

There is an event that has Hellbugs coming in waves as you pump poison down into the ground to kill them. These pumps are located all over and if you run your runner into one you will start bouncing all over like a pinball.

In short... not an exploit,... and getting a 1080 is super easy after you progress a little down into San Fran.... tons of areas to get a 1080 without even trying.:rolleyes:

I am aware of what the code does, I'm a programmer. Actually what are referring to is collision. Standard collision should have iteratively decreased the velocity vector until it was zero. However that it's what happens when you run into the object. Instead of just hitting it and then sliding off you bounce. The unnatural part is that you can tell the velocity vector which is created during the bounce is disproportionate to the initial velocity at the time of the collision. A little bounce would have been expected such as 0.5v. But that is not the case. Instead when the new direction is calculated the vector given what appears to be exponential growth.

Harsk
05-05-2013, 05:05 AM
if it was an exploit and you posted it here on the forums, would'nt you have gotten a warning at least...

FizzyMyNizzy
05-05-2013, 05:09 AM
I am aware of what the code does, I'm a programmer. Actually what are referring to is collision. Standard collision should have iteratively decreased the velocity vector until it was zero. However that it's what happens when you run into the object. Instead of just hitting it and then sliding off you bounce. The unnatural part is that you can tell the velocity vector which is created during the bounce is disproportionate to the initial velocity at the time of the collision. A little bounce would have been expected such as 0.5v. But that is not the case. Instead when the new direction is calculated the vector given what appears to be exponential growth.

Blame Havok on their Physics.....
http://www.havok.com/client-projects/games/defiance

-True Story

Sc10n
05-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Erm you know you can just go to Top-Notch Toolworks climb ontop of the buildings & there is a perfect little metal railing that allows you to drive off and just spin until you hit the water below....

you can do like three 1080's lol

Yars Revenge
05-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Erm you know you can just go to Top-Notch Toolworks climb ontop of the buildings & there is a perfect little metal railing that allows you to drive off and just spin until you hit the water below....

you can do like three 1080's lol

I tried this, but it wouldn't count my spins since the water caused me to come off the runner.

Once I made it to San Fran, it was easy. Many, many cliffs shaped like ramps with drop-offs into canyons. Just pick one.

russell733
05-05-2013, 01:30 PM
There is a spot near Crater thats easy to get to also. Turn south from crater then off the right side of road up the hill, go up the ridge till you see a large boulder, go past that and look south and you will see a radio tower on a ridge, cross that ridge and go to next one and to the south is a perfect rock launch ramp.

Sc10n
05-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I tried this, but it wouldn't count my spins since the water caused me to come off the runner.

Once I made it to San Fran, it was easy. Many, many cliffs shaped like ramps with drop-offs into canyons. Just pick one.

well explain how me and everyone else i told to do it got their 1080 from it lol climb right to the top of the building and theres a even a lil ramp to drive off of lol

Wtflag
05-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the tip. Just completed all races with gold so I'm just lacking this last one. Saved me a trek up the mountains.

JackofSpades
05-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Really? I did mine off Top-Notch Toolworks from the edge of the cliff and landed on the billboard sign. xD

Harsk
05-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Really? I did mine off Top-Notch Toolworks from the edge of the cliff and landed on the billboard sign. xD

This is where I did mine. Prolly got a 2160 tbh. heheh

Fluxeor
05-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I did mine just driving off the top of the Earth Republic camp building onto one of the static parked runners beside it. That was a few weeks ago though, I know they removed one of them in that area with the latest patch.

HuntGod
05-06-2013, 11:12 AM
On top of Top Notch Toolworks simple as pie avoid the bridge spin three times land in the water DONE

Then they've changed something because I know you used to have to land on the ground and did not get credit if you landed in water because it immediately dismounts you.

Either way there is no shortage of locations to do this.