PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference here?

Kwoung
05-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Does the blue one have any advantage over the green?

theManinBlack
05-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Level them up and they will probably have a different bonus stat. That will probably be it

Kwoung
05-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Level them up and they will probably have a different bonus stat. That will probably be it

Since I need to replace it to keep earning experience once it has leveled up, what is the point of that?

Arsenic_Touch
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Say hello to Trion's brilliant weapon progression.

Dazz
05-04-2013, 02:16 PM
Only difference is what its worth if you sell it to a vendor as far as I can see.

EdgeTW
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
In Defiance color is just rarity, not a way of designating which is better.

Slay
05-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Say hello to Trion's brilliant weapon progression.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/15/bioman.gif

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
In that particular pic there is absolutely no difference whatsoever. Only thing that I can think of is that the blue one might get a less common special bonus when maxed out, but I don't even know if that is true. I always figured they were random. =\

Dr EveHill
05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Once you max your weapon skill the random bonus comes in handy. As it is now I would just level the weapon and sell it off for scrp once you max that weapon skill you can carry around three different types for yur playstyle. Its nice to use radioactive, fire or electric on certain eneimes.

Arsenic_Touch
05-04-2013, 02:23 PM
In that particular pic there is absolutely no difference whatsoever. Only thing that I can think of is that the blue one might get a less common special bonus when maxed out, but I don't even know if that is true. I always figured they were random. =\

They are random. Nothing like getting a +accuracy bonus on a BMG. Or +melee bonus on a sniper rifle.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-04-2013, 02:32 PM
They are random. Nothing like getting a +accuracy bonus on a BMG. Or +melee bonus on a sniper rifle.

I know right? xD I got a +9% damage from above bonus on a Nano Fragger earlier this morning. Guess who's bunny hopping in PvP now? xD

I've gotten lucky on a few occasions and gotten a +1.03 damage bonus on some ARs. :p

Daholic
05-04-2013, 02:47 PM

How in the world could you go on without a mele bonus on a sniper rifle! lol

crasher
05-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Once you max your weapon skill the random bonus comes in handy. As it is now I would just level the weapon and sell it off for scrp once you max that weapon skill you can carry around three different types for yur playstyle. Its nice to use radioactive, fire or electric on certain eneimes.

It'd be nice if it wasn't so cumbersome. and it's not like you're going to swap ina middle of a firefight without assuming all kinds of things are going to dismember your char while you're punching up menus.

DAWG
05-04-2013, 03:34 PM
It'd be nice if it wasn't so cumbersome. and it's not like you're going to swap ina middle of a firefight without assuming all kinds of things are going to dismember your char while you're punching up menus.

That's not entirely true. I have a couple of load outs set up for crowd control or support, they utilise multiples of the same weapon allowing me to switch from electric to acid to fire. That way I can stun targets, burn (causing them to run around mental), or boost damage output of my team.

However as for what is the difference? There is none, the green just got lucky and rolled well for it's bonuses :)