PDA

View Full Version : I have to buy Equip Slots for ALL my characters?

SteelPaladin
05-04-2013, 02:37 PM
i just noticed that when i made a new character for my kids to play on that the new character didnt have the Inventory slots unlocked that i paid for on my main. Are you serious that i have to buy ALL NEW equip slots for any new character that is made?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

So once the "new" race gets unlocked for buying the SP, not only do i have to leveling them back up to w/e EGO, but now i also have to REBUY Inventory slots? ARE YOU GUYS MAD!

Ebenezer Scrooge would even roll over in his grave!

Cricket
05-04-2013, 02:46 PM
there are a lot of post about this, which is the reason I havent paid for slots. its irritating and Im EGO 268, and just got to 36 slots open. But yeah they should make it cross character. anything linked to your PSN/XBL account should have access to all your purchases... boost, slots, vehicles, weapons... everything.

Reiter
05-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Pro-tip: Leveling up another character is a massive waste of time.

Cause we all know...there is no specialization since every character has access to the same weapons and skills. Also, the main quest is repeatable. Also, even the starter zone NPC can kill a 5000 ego toon just as easily as a 10 EGO since there is no actual "level" in the game.

And now you know, which is half the battle!

All aside, why bother. Let the kids have something to tink around with and teach them to use the fast travel or salvage option. Or just let them use your character to do the story arc again. Not a huge difference, cause any new race they implement is going to be the same...as the Irath male is the same as a human male, since there are no stats like in say WoW there is no real difference other then what clothing they wear.

Tooms
05-04-2013, 04:46 PM
go to the defiance store and claim items

Sdb616
05-04-2013, 04:56 PM
...Are you serious that i have to buy ALL NEW equip slots for any new character that is made?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?

This is why I don't think we'll ever see a bank function in the future.

shadowkin
05-04-2013, 05:07 PM
This is why I don't think we'll ever see a bank function in the future.

This scares me. I have had this thought. Other games let u buy bank slots not starve your actual inventory :/

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Yep, its a bummer. Theres 3 characters on my account. 2 for me and 1 for my brother, and ive purchased +15s for all of them. I dont find it a waste of time to have 2 chars since I play in 2 different clans, one with friends, and 1 with a group of others. Plus I have male and female toons. And have a different approach I take with each. I guess I just enjoy this game too much. But I can understand if your the type who just plays the game from front to back and then loses interest it could feel like a waste to roll a new char. But I believe the op said they rolled the new char for thier kid anyway. So its not like they are using both like I do. It can get expensive tho, if you do roll a new char best to not buy slots for it and just suck it up and ply w/o.
When I made my first + 15stack purchase I was like wtf? Its only character wide? Should most def be like outfits are and be account wide. I wrote a very in depth letter to CS, support said they forwarded my ticket and suggestion to the devs and to watch the dev tracker for any future updates on the matter, but we should not hold our breathe in this case. They make more money this way. But its not like theyre forcing us to buy for all our characters. It just sucks that these are character specific. Cos if I delete that character at any point, like after ive finished the game with it some time down the road, its all gone. All that money spent. On virtually nothing. Should at least be an option if you delete for any reason. Personal or other, that all those purchases be deposited back into your claim items so you can at least use them on your newly rolled character.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Another satisfied customer. NOT!!! Looks like I'm not alone dissatisfied with this inv business. I deleted my character and found out the hard way when I made a new character that it was not account wide. Haven't bought anything in the defiance store since. Deciding to make a new character? Think again

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Pro-tip: Leveling up another character is a massive waste of time.

Cause we all know...there is no specialization since every character has access to the same weapons and skills. Also, the main quest is repeatable. Also, even the starter zone NPC can kill a 5000 ego toon just as easily as a 10 EGO since there is no actual "level" in the game.

And now you know, which is half the battle!

All aside, why bother. Let the kids have something to tink around with and teach them to use the fast travel or salvage option. Or just let them use your character to do the story arc again. Not a huge difference, cause any new race they implement is going to be the same...as the Irath male is the same as a human male, since there are no stats like in say WoW there is no real difference other then what clothing they wear.

Yes but his kids probably want to play their own character...

Pro-tip: Think.