PDA

View Full Version : First DLC, When and What?

Victim Eyes
05-04-2013, 03:03 PM
I suggest the Devs to devulge a little more information on the first scheduled DLC. Not only to increase Season Pass sells, but to sedate the appetites of it's ravaging fanbase. I will speak for no other than myself, but little to no info on the DLC has stopped me in my tracks from purchasing the Season Pass.

So, Trion, gonna fill us in?

K1LLSVV1TCH
05-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I shudder to think of the bugs that will be in that DLC... What we should be doing is setting up a pool of how many patches it will take to fix said DLC and put money on it. At least someone will get some joy out of the whole experience.

abakai
05-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I was told by a raider, who heard it from a mutant, that all the skitterlings will have frickin laser beams on there heads and the monolith will be the new playable race.

Myst
05-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I was told by a raider, who heard it from a mutant, that all the skitterlings will have frickin laser beams on there heads and the monolith will be the new playable race.

:o my god so then it's true!

4ndreas
05-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Skitterlings with frikkin' lasers on their heads? I'm sold!

Era
05-04-2013, 03:37 PM

I'd transform and roll out with a monolith.

Panthan
05-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I can vouch for that I heard that too, that and the aliens will be invading!

jjj0309
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Man, this game is barely running. It's not the time for demand contents. We need FIX, not a money grabbing DLC. Even I've already bought a season pass.

ratt707
05-04-2013, 03:54 PM
I want dlc too, but there so many issues that need to be dealt with first.

bobo
05-04-2013, 03:56 PM
We all know Gremlins are gona be in the DLC with little Gizmo's with tommy guns

TheFool
05-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Screw fixing, they have had a month to smooth things out (Only two exist that actually effect me, Reloading bug which is not to often and the fact they can't get freight yard up..) Bring on the DLC!

Defy
05-04-2013, 04:33 PM
yeah I hope we get more info soon

Victim Eyes
05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
They plan five DLCs with the first season of the show. Unless the show plans to have a 42 episode season, the DLCs need to start rolling out soon.

I'm EGO 3,000, as of last nite, I am literally running out of things to do! For some reason, I can't play any other game. It's a sickness...

Schwa
05-04-2013, 07:53 PM
I shudder to think of the bugs that will be in that DLC... What we should be doing is setting up a pool of how many patches it will take to fix said DLC and put money on it. At least someone will get some joy out of the whole experience.

While others shudder, I think of it as an opportunity. I'm figuring out odds, should I start to take bets.

Galactimus
05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I was told by a raider, who heard it from a mutant, that all the skitterlings will have frickin laser beams on there heads.

Gamer: Mr. Game Reviewer? You'll notice that all the Hellbugs have laser beams attached to their heads. I figure every creature deserves a warm meal.

Trion: *ahem* Mr. Gamer? Its about the Hellbugs... By the time we patched this game they were put on the endangered species list. We tried to make some... but it would have taken months to clear up the coding.

Gamer: Y'know, I have one simple request. And that is to have Hellbugs with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. Now evidently my procrastinating game developer informs me that that can't be done. Ah can you remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here.

Gamer: What do we have?

Trion: ...Chickens.

Gamer: .........Riiiiight.

Trion: They are... elemental... Chickens.

Gamer: Really!? ...Are they ill-tempered?

Trion: Absolutely!

Gamer: Well that's a start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

DJTrig
05-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I predict :-
1) About 3 weeks.
2) The old mayor (forgot her name).
3) The old fort that somebody found.
4) The volge (sp?).
5) A new vehicle (maybe other colour nomads).
6) Castithan as playable.
7) Some new weapon skins and/or visual effects.
8) An even darker green lawkeeper hat :).

Ninno20
05-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I'll get the season pass once the first DLC is out.

MaSh_MaN94
05-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Hopefully its something good! Im giving trion a chance to impress me. So i will wait until this dlc comes out,if its a dissapoinment im gone. Im not getting my hopes up though,we will see.

Opus
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
They plan five DLCs with the first season of the show. Unless the show plans to have a 42 episode season, the DLCs need to start rolling out soon.

IIRC, in one of the pre-launch streams, one of the devs said the 'season' was not the TV season, but the game season. They also said it would be longer than 3 months, but shorter than 12.

Daholic
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Alriiiittteee, are you ready for a new map!!!!! With loads and loads of pursuits!!!! Mind nubbing pursuits.

1. Kill 600 (mobs)
2. Kill 1000 more (mobs)
3. Kill 10000 more, but you must be kneeling (mobs)

5 EGO

bix
05-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I predict :-
1) About 3 weeks.
2) The old mayor (forgot her name).
3) The old fort that somebody found.
4) The volge (sp?).
5) A new vehicle (maybe other colour nomads).
6) Castithan as playable.
7) Some new weapon skins and/or visual effects.

I think you might be right with number 6. The Castithan would be an easy race to add as the new playable aliens. I hope the new race is one of the early DLCs released, since we'll be leveling alts at that point.

Rasczak
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I think you might be right with number 6. The Castithan would be an easy race to add as the new playable aliens. I hope the new race is one of the early DLCs released, since we'll be leveling alts at that point.

Can I ask you a question? First, since it is hard to tell in text, I am not trying to be snarky or insult you. I come from 14 years of playing MMORPGs. I say that because in a normal MMO, there is a reason to create an Alt: a new class, a new powerset (for Supers), et cetera. There is a definitive change in play style that usually comes with an Alt.

In Defiance, outside of the starter guns and appearance, every character achieves the exact same thing. We can open all 4 EGO powers and switch between them freely, the same guns, the exact same Pursuits/Contracts/Side Missions/Main Missions. We can even reset and replay the main missions on a single character. An Alt brings nothing new to the table except a cosmetic appearance.

So, my question is: what is the inspiration behind EGO grinding (i.e. leveling) an Alt in Defiance?

Schwa
05-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Can I ask you a question? First, since it is hard to tell in text, I am not trying to be snarky or insult you. I come from 14 years of playing MMORPGs. I say that because in a normal MMO, there is a reason to create an Alt: a new class, a new powerset (for Supers), et cetera. There is a definitive change in play style that usually comes with an Alt.

In Defiance, outside of the starter guns and appearance, every character achieves the exact same thing. We can open all 4 EGO powers and switch between them freely, the same guns, the exact same Pursuits/Contracts/Side Missions/Main Missions. We can even reset and replay the main missions on a single character. An Alt brings nothing new to the table except a cosmetic appearance.

So, my question is: what is the inspiration behind EGO grinding (i.e. leveling) an Alt in Defiance?

Their skin is red instead of peach.

thejx4
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Race affects absolutely nothing, so I don't know what the big deal with that is. Defiance needs content that matters. First DLC should come with a few MP maps AND game modes, and more missions/emergencies/pursuits. Unique weapons that can't be matched by starting weapons, outfits that aren't palatte-swapped, new vehicle types (we'll probably just get colors). I honestly feel like the first DLC won't be that substantial, but it's mostly free, so....whatever.

Victim Eyes
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM

oh plz, oh plz, oh plz... *fingers crossed*

Schwa
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
oh plz, oh plz, oh plz... *fingers crossed*

I'm holding out for the blue paper lanterns.

bix
05-05-2013, 11:21 PM

I'm with Schwa on this one. ("Their skins is red instead of peach.")

I think I would like a new race if they looked cool, but if I'm going to have to level everything all over again I hope the new race comes out in the first DLC so I don't feel like digging out of too deep a hole.

Beta582
05-05-2013, 11:44 PM

I would stay out of the water when the next DLC hits.....
http://rlv.zcache.com/sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcards-r4565a10625204657960fdf42b71f8709_vgbaq_8byvr_512. jpg

Victim Eyes
05-06-2013, 12:34 AM
I think I would like a new race if they looked cool, but if I'm going to have to level everything all over again I hope the new race comes out in the first DLC so I don't feel like digging out of too deep a hole.

If race offers anything, other than skin nonsense, I am sorely non-interested.

Sadly, I see Trion not being able to add any extra benefits to the additional alien races. It would not only cause grief amongst the in-crowd within the game, but cause an uprise. We can't have bonuses with other races. It would be unfair to everyone else that started the game early.

DragonFall
05-06-2013, 02:43 AM
My opinion is grow the ego grid, and allow people to use 2 or more different skills with the perks rather than one. It will make the game more interesting.

Other hard things to integrate: Jet packs and additional accessories.

If the alien races will just be additional skins it would be a major fail from trion.

Azydom
05-06-2013, 03:19 AM
added passive perks.

Erei
05-06-2013, 03:53 AM
If race offers anything, other than skin nonsense, I am sorely non-interested.

Sadly, I see Trion not being able to add any extra benefits to the additional alien races. It would not only cause grief amongst the in-crowd within the game, but cause an uprise. We can't have bonuses with other races. It would be unfair to everyone else that started the game early.
Even with some cool bonuses, having to replay the game, without my early UE bonuses, including redoing lvl10 in BMG/injector, or 5K kill using certain weapon ? I'm not really interested.
Not including the missed episodic content.
Also, it would mean my first month or so have been wasted.

A bonus race should have been in the game day 1 for DLC users. Most people will not make another char.

Dodgywarden083 uk
05-06-2013, 04:19 AM
roadmap out soon not sure if dlc or to do with tv show. dam defence and frieght yard due 15th may if fixed. and paradise contract should be up and running after dodge weekend ends.

Munx
05-06-2013, 04:26 AM
where do you get info about freightyard due out 15th may? If thats the case trion once again fail at fixing a issue in a timely fashion.

Cl Chaos
05-06-2013, 04:27 AM
I suggest the Devs to devulge a little more information on the first scheduled DLC. Not only to increase Season Pass sells, but to sedate the appetites of it's ravaging fanbase. I will speak for no other than myself, but little to no info on the DLC has stopped me in my tracks from purchasing the Season Pass.

ya the first dlc will b out after patch 2.529 :D when all the bugs are fixed duh

Jeff Kaos
05-06-2013, 04:46 AM
I'm going to take an educated guess and say that most, if not all, DLC is already finished. This is usually the case with a game that announces a season pass on launch day. But I also don't think Trion anticipated such a rocky launch and are holding off on releasing DLC. With all of the bugs and missing content I think they're worried that if the first DLC has a comparable amount of bugs then it could really do a lot of damage to what already appear to be pretty stagnant sales. On the other hand the lack of new content in an already content light game is alienating its core player base. I almost always grab a season pass when it's made available but in this case I took a wait and see approach and I'm really glad I did.

Cl Chaos
05-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Trion will never get the bugs out of Defiance I've come to terms with it so should all of u i mean there are how many hellbugs? they multiply faster then we can kill them dam bugs >< they are here to stay plus are one of the main enemies so y get rid of the bugs? would be only scrapper arkfalls to do then :(

Seth Winternight
05-06-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm hoping for a new playable race, The ManBearPig.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/lifeafterjune/EMOJO/ManBearPig.jpg (http://s767.photobucket.com/user/lifeafterjune/media/EMOJO/ManBearPig.jpg.html)

Cl Chaos
05-06-2013, 05:17 AM
I'm hoping for a new playable race, The ManBearPig.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/lifeafterjune/EMOJO/ManBearPig.jpg (http://s767.photobucket.com/user/lifeafterjune/media/EMOJO/ManBearPig.jpg.html)

hey howd u get a pick of my mum??

Seth Winternight
05-06-2013, 05:33 AM
It's the internet! Expect ways to be found.

Cl Chaos
05-06-2013, 05:35 AM
either that or u stalk her

Daddums
05-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Trion needs to pull everyone working on the DLC's and task them to fixing the beta we're all struggling to play.

Schwa
05-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Trion needs to pull everyone working on the DLC's and task them to fixing the beta we're all struggling to play.

I think that's what they were doing, wasn't it? It's why we didn't see the first DLC two weeks ago.

MacDeath
05-06-2013, 06:37 AM
I think that's what they were doing, wasn't it? It's why we didn't see the first DLC two weeks ago.
I'm pretty sure you're right.

Daddums
05-06-2013, 06:50 AM

I hope your wrong. The tiny trickle of output we've seen to date suggests a smaller than deserved commitment to the game from Trion.

ironhands
05-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Volge, when it's ready and the biggest remaining bugs are squashed.

DustOfDeath
05-06-2013, 08:44 AM
im wondering about the season pass and DLC-s aswell...

Is the season same as the series or a year (7 months).
Season pass has 5 DLC-s and they said there WILL be FREE DLC-s aswell.

At the current rate there would have to be a decent DLC each MONTH.

Yet we barely get any updates or bugfixes at all. DLC is not a large bugfix patch.

ironhands
05-06-2013, 08:45 AM
DLC will likely be over the course of the year, likely the biggest one between seasons

Victim Eyes
05-07-2013, 03:57 PM
im wondering about the season pass and DLC-s aswell...

Is the season same as the series or a year (7 months).
Season pass has 5 DLC-s and they said there WILL be FREE DLC-s aswell.

At the current rate there would have to be a decent DLC each MONTH.

I was expecting it would coincide with the TV series, but seems unlikely...Trion needs to be careful where they step over the next few months. It might be in a big pile of shtako if they do not handle the new content with extreme care.

I would hate to see this game die out in it's infancy...

Sledgehammer70
05-07-2013, 04:01 PM

As soon as we have info to share we will share it with you.

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Volge, when it's ready and the biggest remaining bugs are squashed.

And by bugs.. we mean.. hellbugs.. oh zing... :P

Victim Eyes
05-07-2013, 04:17 PM

As I'm certain you will, Sledge. I can only assume you and your team are working day and nite to keep this ambitious undertaking above sealevel.

Myst
05-07-2013, 04:19 PM

You would post while I was at work sledge!

Also when do I get my brothel dlc?

Miserere
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM

GAH! I forgot to ask him! >.<

Myst
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
GAH! I forgot to ask him! >.<

Nuuu D: now we have to wait another 10 years before he comes back to answer!

Miserere
05-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Nuuu D: now we have to wait another 10 years before he comes back to answer!

I know. -_- ugh... I'll put a sticky on my screen to remind me. b(^-^)z

divaldo
05-07-2013, 04:52 PM
I'd rather they fix bugs first as have season pass

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM

With a bar, and drinks! Then my char will be visiting it alot ;)

MRAYJ
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Gamer: Mr. Game Reviewer? You'll notice that all the Hellbugs have laser beams attached to their heads. I figure every creature deserves a warm meal.

Trion: *ahem* Mr. Gamer? Its about the Hellbugs... By the time we patched this game they were put on the endangered species list. We tried to make some... but it would have taken months to clear up the coding.

Gamer: Y'know, I have one simple request. And that is to have Hellbugs with frickin laser beams attached to their heads. Now evidently my procrastinating game developer informs me that that can't be done. Ah can you remind me what I pay you people for? Honestly, throw me a bone here.

Gamer: What do we have?

Trion: ...Chickens.

Gamer: .........Riiiiight.

Trion: They are... elemental... Chickens.

Gamer: Really!? ...Are they ill-tempered?

Trion: Absolutely!

Gamer: Well that's a start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw

lol thats good

jarrodlovesmusic
05-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Will that info be before or after the current season of Defiance?

MagellanD
05-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Will that info be before or after the current season of Defiance?

It will be after the higher up handlers take off the NDA. Then he can speak.

Jules
05-07-2013, 07:57 PM

We just heard back that we can't use skitterlings, so they have been replaced with sea bass.

jarrodlovesmusic
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
It will be after the higher up handlers take off the NDA. Then he can speak.
sounds about right

Zyndia
05-08-2013, 01:07 AM
I am pretty sure we will see a DLC at the end of season 1 where Defiance (St louis) gets destroyed.

Shadow Viper
05-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Why are we worrying about DLC when this game is plagued by so many major bugs and glitches?

Trion has pretty much charged 60 bucks for us to play a glorified beta, and you're now wanting DLC for that beta? It's just silly.

Azumi RM
05-08-2013, 01:17 AM
We already had one DLC of the 5 in the season pass. Hat and Suit. It's even on the DLC section of the main site. My guess is we will have 4 more items in the game before there is any change of new storyline or map DLC.

Shadow Viper
05-08-2013, 01:18 AM
We already had one DLC of the 5 in the season pass. Hat and Suit. It's even on the DLC section of the main site. My guess is we will have 4 more items in the game before there is any change of new storyline or map DLC.

With the game so full of bugs and glitches, no one would buy the DLC.

/thread

Durva360
05-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Lol that wasn't DLC. That was a bonus to season pass holders. The suit isn't from the season pass.

Arianea
05-08-2013, 01:23 AM
We all know Gremlins are gona be in the DLC with little Gizmo's with tommy guns

epic winning XD

Shadow Viper
05-08-2013, 01:27 AM
epic winning XD

Epic Win should definitely not be used to describe anything about this game.

It's a glorified beta that we paid 60 bucks to play. Trion learned nothing from the failure that was Rifts.

Defiance is so full of major bugs and glitches that it's not even funny.

Why is DLC even being discussed when the actual game is in such a broken state?

Fix the main game, then worry about DLC extras.

CharmCitysKing
05-08-2013, 01:31 AM

Yea I felt this way 2nd week of release. I sold my game 2 weeks ago cause I needed the money at the time and has ZERO interest in playing the game untill DLC so I just sold it. theyre going for 10-20$ on craigslist anyway lol...but anyway, yea man I said the same thing...ALL MY HOPE is banking on this "Sexy Smooth and Sweet" DLC they Devs are so "excited" to put out. If its just one new character from the show and you get a handful of 10 misisons on a little spot on the map, I WILL BE PISSED and wash my hands of this game.

CharmCitysKing
05-08-2013, 01:33 AM
Epic Win should definitely not be used to describe anything about this game.

It's a glorified beta that we paid 60 bucks to play. Trion learned nothing from the failure that was Rifts.

Defiance is so full of major bugs and glitches that it's not even funny.

Why is DLC even being discussed when the actual game is in such a broken state?

Fix the main game, then worry about DLC extras.

Yea i know right?!?!?

BUT..They DO need to add Episode Missions ATLEAST for CHRIST SAKE, the game has no tie in with the show...U cant even play with Nolan or Irsa if u start a new character or new people start playing the game they will be liike "ohhhhhhhh ok umm how does this game tie into the show" ???

Shadow Viper
05-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Yea i know right?!?!?

BUT..They DO need to add Episode Missions ATLEAST for CHRIST SAKE, the game has no tie in with the show...U cant even play with Nolan or Irsa if u start a new character or new people start playing the game they will be liike "ohhhhhhhh ok umm how does this game tie into the show" ???

I'd much rather they spend their time fixing the existing bugs and glitches currently making their game unplayable and unenjoyable for many people, than spend their time creating episode missions that are most likely going to be just as glitchy as the rest of the game.

chefwhitey
05-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Man, this game is barely running. It's not the time for demand contents. We need FIX, not a money grabbing DLC. Even I've already bought a season pass.

If they dont, it will be a ghost town here when they release it, just saying! This game will always have bugs in it and they will never get fixed. So fun "content" is all they have to keep players from putting this game away permanently!

CharmCitysKing
05-08-2013, 01:47 AM
I'd much rather they spend their time fixing the existing bugs and glitches currently making their game unplayable and unenjoyable for many people, than spend their time creating episode missions that are most likely going to be just as glitchy as the rest of the game.
You would say that wouldnt you...lmfao...your the ****** that ruined my thread!!!! thanks...but who cares about fixing the glitches..the games a lil older than a month and this game is beyond repair and beyond FLOP.

Learn Something.....

If they dont, it will be a ghost town here when they release it, just saying! This game will always have bugs in it and they will never get fixed. So fun "content" is all they have to keep players from putting this game away permanently!

Yea you got it....wish others would take that into consideration

diggergig
05-08-2013, 01:53 AM
They could add race traits if they back-added for the current two. Humans could drive twice as fast, for example.

It'd be the whole shadowknight mount saga all over again. :D

Fiancee
05-08-2013, 01:54 AM
When you least expect it, is my guess. This month.

CharmCitysKing
05-08-2013, 01:54 AM
Linky (http://www.arkfalls.com/rift-defiance/)

See what I mean they come out with cool stuff like this for RIFT but nothign cool for Defiance...pffft that just comes to show you that Defiance is clearly on the back burner..

Schwa
05-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Linky (http://www.arkfalls.com/rift-defiance/)

See what I mean they come out with cool stuff like this for RIFT but nothign cool for Defiance...pffft that just comes to show you that Defiance is clearly on the back burner..

Or they're desperately trying to get people to go back to Rift while they still have their attention.

Victim Eyes
05-08-2013, 02:12 AM
They could add race traits if they back-added for the current two. Humans could drive twice as fast, for example.

Clever. I approve.

squidgod2000
05-08-2013, 03:09 AM

Some episode missions about Rynn (hellbug chick from the show) escaping from Defiance to the Bay area where we have to hunt her down. They've been teasing it in the commercials for the game ever since launch.

khaotika
05-08-2013, 03:26 AM
they need to fix the problems before they can come out with more problem causing content, but i have to agree with you on one part i wanna know what we are looking at in the future.

khaotika
05-08-2013, 03:43 AM
My opinion is grow the ego grid, and allow people to use 2 or more different skills with the perks rather than one. It will make the game more interesting.

you say that until people are stealthing in pvp and then popping in front of you with a shotgun with overload or whatever active and BAM you are history and never stood a chance.

zzzkinzzz
05-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Im Loving this game but its really in need of new stuff and make the game harder close tho its fun there's not really much of a challenge to it so we're getting through game to fast. I don't have time to play the game 24/7 lie a lot of ppl I put in about 10/15 hours a week and I've almost finished the main story line for a 2nd time and did all the side missions on my 1st play through. Really looking forward to the dlc. Got the pass on day 1 kind of wish I didn't now tho

ironhands
05-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Why are we worrying about DLC when this game is plagued by so many major bugs and glitches?

A lot of us haven't encountered any "serious" issues and would like something new to do. Even many who have encountered some big bugs, still continue to play and would like to see some new content.

ironhands
05-08-2013, 06:55 AM
I am pretty sure we will see a DLC at the end of season 1 where Defiance (St louis) gets destroyed.
definitely will see one for the season finale, and probably ine before season 2 starts, but we should already have the first DLC pack, it was scheduled to roll out when the first show aired.

soarra
05-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Yea i know right?!?!?

maybe the reason you cant play with Nolan and Irsa is because you are in two different locations.. derp

Xynnvincible
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
duplicate lol

Xynnvincible
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Skitterlings with frikkin' lasers on their heads? I'm sold!

Because every creature deserves a warm meal!!!!

+1 for reference 4ndreas!!

Victim Eyes
05-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I will say, this is my first experience with an MMO. I understand they need time to grow, but the inner circle for this game has to know the theme of the future DLCs. Any hint @ it would be great! I can barely begin to understand how difficult it must be to maintain three major platfroms(Xbox, Playstation, and PC). Not to mention there is zero cost, in terms of subscription fee, which is much appreciated!

I look forward to the future of this game. I'm sure all of the newcomer's will think it's one of the best MMOs to ever hit the shelves. There has to be growing pains when it comes to a project of this magnitude. All of us that started at the beginning have seen the evolution of this game. I remember, day two, going to a hellbug arkfall, and not knowing what the heck was going on. It was so laggy and I'm shooting the base of it, not knowing if I'm doing damage or not lol fond memories.

Now, the graphics and framerate seem so smooth. Defiance, the game, has come a long way in it's short six weeks. I have faith.

GhostOfDice
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM

its /6 and zipper interactive all over again.....

Rasczak
05-08-2013, 10:30 PM

That's interesting to say the least. Considering your Executive Producer claimed the first DLC was ready to launch, but was held back to fix and stabilize the game first, the consumer would imagine that the DLC information is already available.

So, why the gag order?

Or should customers start becoming suspect at exactly how much of the DLCs were actually done?

Sarin
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
That's interesting to say the least. Considering your Executive Producer claimed the first DLC was ready to launch, but was held back to fix and stabilize the game first, the consumer would imagine that the DLC information is already available.

So, why the gag order?

Or should customers start becoming suspect at exactly how much of the DLCs were actually done?

==============
TRION ANNOUNCES DEFIANCE™ SEASON PASS – DELIVERING DYNAMIC POST LAUNCH CONTENT

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – March 5, 2013 - Trion Worlds has unveiled some details about the action packed Season Pass for the highly anticipated online open-world shooter Defiance™. Players who want to save big on the first 5 DLC packs rolling out after launch can now pre-purchase the Defiance Season Pass for $39.99USD, a 20% savings*. Gamers will get a massive amount of content including a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards, plus two bonus items, an exclusive digital Hellbug combat cap and a Lock Box. The Defiance Season Pass is the ultimate content package for the true Ark Hunter!

The Defiance Season Pass can be purchased for $39.99 (PlayStationŽNetwork) / 3200 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) / $39.99 (PC). Once purchased, the content packs will be automatically available as they go live.

Defiance, which delivers massive co-op boss battles and fierce multiplayer action in an evolving sci-fi universe, is scheduled to launch globally on April 2, 2013. It will be available on the PlayStationŽ3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360Ž video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.
================

I lol'd

"massive co-op boss battles" - Ahaha, "massive".
" fierce multiplayer action in an evolving sci-fi universe" - Mhrm, relatively boring multiplayer in a static lazy sci-fi setting.

Oh and also
http://www.shacknews.com/article/78605/trion-explains-defiance-dlc-plans-server-issues

" After 5 years of creating this, it saddens us and frustrates us that you aren’t getting the great experience we strived to create"

....5 years, 5 years and this is what they've made, 5 years and they failed to even have the basics of an MMO like guild management, communication and an auction house.

Sorry just to be clear, I do enjoy this game but I think 5 years with this many problems is a tad laughable, especially the fact that Trion somehow forgot how to make an MMO actually work correctly.

Elandriel
05-09-2013, 03:50 AM

You've got to be joking!
Word "pathetic" is becoming more and more suitable for your work.

ironhands
05-09-2013, 06:07 AM
....5 years, 5 years and this is what they've made, 5 years and they failed to even have the basics of an MMO like guild management, communication and an auction house.

Why is an auction house considered a "basic"? It would server no purpose in this game; the items you'd purchase are either so common as to make it pointless, and the legendary ones are only marginally better.

There aren't player crafted items or consumables, so why even bother?

If you want to argue "convenience", why not just make a vendor with every item?

You want to make scrip using the auction house.. to do what with? There's nothing to spend it on.

To give people something to do? It's a shooter, I want to shoot things, not sit around doing maths. Focus on making more content, not a bloody market.

N3gativeCr33p
05-09-2013, 06:20 AM
Why is an auction house considered a "basic"? It would server no purpose in this game; the items you'd purchase are either so common as to make it pointless, and the legendary ones are only marginally better.

Quoted for truth.

CharmCitysKing
05-09-2013, 02:12 PM
maybe the reason you cant play with Nolan and Irsa is because you are in two different locations.. derp

Derp?! Lmfao No...They removed that entire part of the game now...ALL EPISOE MISSIONS ARE REMOVEd...this games garbage

CharmCitysKing
05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
==============
TRION ANNOUNCES DEFIANCE™ SEASON PASS – DELIVERING DYNAMIC POST LAUNCH CONTENT

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – March 5, 2013 - Trion Worlds has unveiled some details about the action packed Season Pass for the highly anticipated online open-world shooter Defiance™. Players who want to save big on the first 5 DLC packs rolling out after launch can now pre-purchase the Defiance Season Pass for $39.99USD, a 20% savings*. Gamers will get a massive amount of content including a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards, plus two bonus items, an exclusive digital Hellbug combat cap and a Lock Box. The Defiance Season Pass is the ultimate content package for the true Ark Hunter!

The Defiance Season Pass can be purchased for $39.99 (PlayStationŽNetwork) / 3200 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) / $39.99 (PC). Once purchased, the content packs will be automatically available as they go live.

Defiance, which delivers massive co-op boss battles and fierce multiplayer action in an evolving sci-fi universe, is scheduled to launch globally on April 2, 2013. It will be available on the PlayStationŽ3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360Ž video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.
================

I lol'd

"massive co-op boss battles" - Ahaha, "massive".
" fierce multiplayer action in an evolving sci-fi universe" - Mhrm, relatively boring multiplayer in a static lazy sci-fi setting.

Oh and also
http://www.shacknews.com/article/78605/trion-explains-defiance-dlc-plans-server-issues

" After 5 years of creating this, it saddens us and frustrates us that you aren’t getting the great experience we strived to create"

Sorry just to be clear, I do enjoy this game but I think 5 years with this many problems is a tad laughable, especially the fact that Trion somehow forgot how to make an MMO actually work correctly.

Yea dude it didnt take them 5 years to make this game...THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL. Its a lie and propaganda because if they told u they only took 7 months to a year then people would DEFINATLY be bashing this game

thejx4
05-09-2013, 02:45 PM
If you think all 5 years went directly to programming and actually DEVELOPING THE GAME, you're ignorant and know nothing about game development. A TV show and video game were created together, so generally speaking, you could multiply the normal concept stages for a tv show and a game, multiply them by 2 and add them together. Then you have to realize they had to go back and forth, seeing what would and wouldn't work, making sure everything was consistent between both mediums. They have 5 planned DLCs for THIS YEAR, and another season of the show. The game had to launch two weeks before the show, I'm sure a lot of content had to be held back and added at a later date. They could have released the game with more BROKEN content, but they didn't.

Anyways, here ya go.
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/09/you-just-keep-coming-back-for-more-but-now-what-lets-talk-potential/

TheFool
05-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Expect the first DLC to come out a few weeks to a month after they break the game again with patch 1.020.

CharmCitysKing
05-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Expect the first DLC to come out a few weeks to a month after they break the game again with patch 1.020.

I remember like the 4th day after the gam was out the lead dev on his daily blog thing he said after the patch (the 1st big patch that did nothing) 2 weeks after we will see a nice shiney DLC...that was like 5 weeks ago lmfao...I dont know why I keep coming backon these forums...I guess I just like to be part of the failure and pissy community haha