PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a PS3 controller for the races?

alred
05-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I've tried a few races with mouse and keyboard and always seem to fall way short of winning anything.
I also use the default keys for the races.

So I was wondering if anyone uses the PS3 controller for the races in this game.
I've read where some have said they use Xbox controller, but I don't own an xbox.

FizzyMyNizzy
05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
I've tried a few races with mouse and keyboard and always seem to fall way short of winning anything.
I also use the default keys for the races.

So I was wondering if anyone uses the PS3 controller for the races in this game.
I've read where some have said they use Xbox controller, but I don't own an xbox.

I beat all the race using just keyboard and mouse. All gold.

Inde
05-05-2013, 07:34 AM
I use mouse and keyboard, but have bound boost to my LMB because it feels more natural. The rest are default. I miss being able to steer with my mouse, but found that if I move my mouse in the direction I'm trying to go in while pressing the S or D keys at the same time, it makes steering a little easier. My only gripe with the races is that when you hit a ring, my camera zooms in then out again, making it a bit difficult to line up for the next sometimes. This is especially troublesome when the rings are spaced very close together in a turn (i.e., last several rings of Mine Alley lap).

ironhands
05-05-2013, 11:22 AM
motionjoy.com

you'll be able to use the ps3 controller in defiance with this on PC

maximummeadows
05-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I use motionjoy to use my PS3 controller on other games. For the most part, I still use the good ol' mouse and keyboard for Defiance. But I gave the PS3 controller a try with Defiance, and the best part is, you can switch back and forth between the controller and keyboard on the fly. No need to go into the control settings menu and switch things around. Actually, if you get really creative, you can use them simultaneously: using the crontroller for movment and the mouse for aiming, etc.

The only problem I've found with Motionjoy, which you may find a problem since you don't have an Xbox, is the buttons are mapped as they would be on Xbox. For example, the Square button would be mapped as the Xbox's X button. The Circle button becomes the B button and so on.