PDA

View Full Version : Individual player loot

Turbulance
01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Is loot free for all or individual loot.And what justifies drops damage or range?

Krazee DD
01-07-2013, 08:55 AM
I have been waiting to hear on what loot will be like. Im a loot *****.

Titchi
01-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Is loot free for all or individual loot.And what justifies drops damage or range?

I think it will be something like how the way Rift loot works in Rift. Pure speculation, but I was watching some videos a few days ago and they were doing an Ark Fall, they never killed the final boss of the event so I didn't see how the loot would work. They may have not killed it on purpose to keep us guessing on how loot works. But again, I think it will be a lot like how Rift loot works.

Cavadus
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm almost 100% positive it's entirely individual loot like GW2 but don't ask to me find that the source on that.

shivan
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
One of the many video of interviews i watch i though i heard that your loot is yours no one else can pick it up or see it. I could be mistaken i am in the peruses of finding the video and will post a link were the guy says it. If i can find it.

Titchi
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
One of the many video of interviews i watch i though i heard that your loot is yours no one else can pick it up or see it. I could be mistaken i am in the peruses of finding the video and will post a link were the guy says it. If i can find it.

I remember this, I think it was one of the Gamescon videos, labeled as a walkthrough, try the Defiance youtube channel. I would but I am at work. :cool:

DiRtDoGg
01-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Im hoping for a individual loot system. If past games I have played that seems to be the best way of handling things

Krazee DD
01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Im hoping for a individual loot system. If past games I have played that seems to be the best way of handling things

Although it was met with much opposition, I like the way Diablo 3 did their loot.

Hexo
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
From what we can see in the stream of the 2 instances, it seems that the ammo in blue are only for the player (or the player was taking everthing ^^). I guest it will be individual but if a CM can confirm, that would be great.

ETD
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm almost 100% positive it's entirely individual loot like GW2 but don't ask to me find that the source on that.

That would be great. I hate it when i get a ****storm of profanity thrown my way, simply because i picked up something someone else wanted. Let's hope that it works like GW2 in terms of XP too. Encouraging grouping instead of making people rage because they waited for something to spawn for a long time and then someone else gets the first hit on it.

stormaaron
01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
I think it will be something like how the way Rift loot works in Rift. Pure speculation, but I was watching some videos a few days ago and they were doing an Ark Fall, they never killed the final boss of the event so I didn't see how the loot would work. They may have not killed it on purpose to keep us guessing on how loot works. But again, I think it will be a lot like how Rift loot works.

If we both watched the same one you would see that the other players did react to the loot being droped on screen so maybe its individual or it has a timer where the person who killed the enemy will get first pick and after a minute or so other players can pick it up

Krazee DD
01-07-2013, 09:44 PM
I need to fully watch both of them..... I get too scared I'm going to ruin something and turn it of haha.

Doc
01-08-2013, 07:10 AM

I like this idea way better then the loot system in BL 2.

Paladin
01-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I like this idea way better then the loot system in BL 2.
That's just how the loot system works in BL 2 except for chests

Turbulance
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys still waiting on a Dev or someone with authority but I guess we will know by the 18th now wont we :)

Nervusbreakdown
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM

your right, I remember a video somewhere that they said its individual loot like GW2

Hexo
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Good news , that will avoid loot drama and this is a lot easier :)

Doc
01-09-2013, 08:14 AM
That's just how the loot system works in BL 2 except for chests

NO, in BL2 everyone can get the loot as soon as it drops from a boss on PS3...