PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of hackers in competitive matches

Malikaidan
05-05-2013, 07:52 AM
People hacking in this game is getting really ridiculous. 1 shotted with a 3 round burst rifle, or somehow not having any ammo at all when you revive when never firing a single shot.:mad:

trundley
05-05-2013, 09:17 AM
People hacking in this game is getting really ridiculous. 1 shotted with a 3 round burst rifle, or somehow not having any ammo at all when you revive when never firing a single shot.:mad:

I don't think that's impossible. There are several ego upgrades that boost how much regular and critical damage you can do. If the rifle rounds are all connecting in a headshot, and the rifle crit boost is quite high, i assume that they can drill you like that. If you are coming from cloak, they will do 30% more damage too (i think its 30% at max). I've never seen any evidence of hacking in PvP

trundley
05-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Then you clearly have not played much PVP OR don't pay attention to enemy behavior.

I ceased to focus on PVP since the myriad of hackers popped up on NA servers, and have personally seen damage hacks, clipping hacks, EGO hacks, radar hacks, auto-target hacks, and cooldown hacks.

Make no mistake that these hacks do exist, there is evidence of such all over Youtube, and the problem is getting progressively worse. Let me show you how you are wrong.

Trainer Evidence
removed

Damage Hack Evidence
removed

Radar+Auto Aim+ Damage Hack in PVP
removed

Oh god, i've never seen any of that. On PvE they have hacks too? What's the point in people buying these games. I looked at all the Youtube comments and saw people saying thanks. :/

Remove these links as it shows people where to download them, not that it will make much difference but i'm thinking that forum admin might ban.

krokz
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh god, i've never seen any of that. On PvE they have hacks too? What's the point in people buying these games. I looked at all the Youtube comments and saw people saying thanks. :/

Remove these links as it shows people where to download them, not that it will make much difference but i'm thinking that forum admin might ban.

People who hack just wreck the game. no point to it so why do it, i agree with Trundley please remove this post/link's as this will help people (that are bad) hack!

Mourneblade
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Well looks like it was removed by an admin before I could get back into the thread and do it myself. But honestly, if people want to hack, they hardly need any links I post in order to find them. Many of them are even free, which makes the problem much worse. Honestly, I could give two sh*ts about people hacking PVE so much, but when they knowingly grief others by hacking in PVP, it really grinds my gears. Hacking period is asinine and a waste of time.

Galactimus
05-05-2013, 07:43 PM
...when they knowingly grief others by hacking in PVP, it really grinds my gears.

You know what really grinds my gears? These hackers. Eh? Hackers with all those little hacks, jumping around there in-game, half-naked with their hacked little outfits. Ya know? They're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You know, are we gonna rage quit? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those hacks all up in my, over there in my face? Huh? What do you want, Hackers? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with hacks, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUsVaSpRZT8

Mourneblade
05-05-2013, 08:10 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? These hackers. Eh? Hackers with all those little hacks, jumping around there in-game, half-naked with their hacked little outfits. Ya know? They're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What do you want? You know, are we gonna rage quit? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those hacks all up in my, over there in my face? Huh? What do you want, Hackers? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with hacks, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus.

Hahaha I had a damn good laugh about that one!

+1 Interwebs good sir.

Mirimon
05-05-2013, 08:30 PM
not sure why you came to defiance for pvp.... I can think of a dozen online games much better suited for it.

might as well complain about the lack of pvp quality in super mario...

WhiteCell
05-05-2013, 09:22 PM
not sure why you came to defiance for pvp.... I can think of a dozen online games much better suited for it.

I keep hearing on these boards defiance is about skill not grind or gear. What am I to believe now?

BrassRazoo
05-05-2013, 09:41 PM

There is pretty much **** all else to do at the moment so PvP at least mixes it up and I have found it is an easy way to level up.
Also they have decided to put Pursuits and Contracts in PvP so those wanting rep points need to do it.

theyeti
05-05-2013, 11:13 PM
I keep hearing on these boards defiance is about skill not grind or gear. What am I to believe now?

If skill is holding down mouse 1, and pressing 1 every now and again, then Defiance is FULL of it! Sometimes I like to mix stuff up and hit Shift, when I'm feeling really froggy I hit Alt or Ctrl (remapped crouch to ctrl because C is just another failed design choice)

Skydive
05-06-2013, 03:54 AM

If you remove the hacking out of the equation then the statement holds true. There's a problem with knowing if someone is hacking or not.

I was being trounced by this one particular player quite frequently over the course of the past two weeks, until earlier today I came to the conclusion he MUST be hacking. So I searched his name as I was about to send in a feedback report, and even examined his loadout. When I saw his loadout, based on what I knew about the game, the ego perks, I was like HOLY SMOKE! This guy KNOWS what he is doing. And no I didn't report him because quite frankly I made a mistake in judging why he was doing certain things I didn't think possible.. I underestimated the potential of many of the ego perks he was using.

His entire loadout lent very well to what he was doing and when he kills me and I see him running around, he doesn't seem to be glitch warping like a fair number of players that kill me do (roughly every five in seven players). The glitch warping I'm not sure it's hack or not, because I seen my connection very occassionally freak out my connection that I end up warping backwards much to my annoyance because it makes me miss that kill shot. So most of the time I will attribute it to that person having a bad connection. It only kinda becomes suspcious when a combination of things come together.

Frankly I think there are a lot of people providing false positives on people they think they are hacking, because if you examine that person that killed you if they are still using their PvP loadout. I change out of mine the moment I leave a PvP match. I suspect a lot of people will go A-HA that's bloody damn good thinking!

I will provide a tid bit on people who think there are people hacking ego powers or using two that they shouldn't be. Examine the ego perk grid very carefully. You'll notice there is a lot of perks that will resemble one of the ego powers in particular which may make you think that person is using two ego powers (where as they are actually not)

At the end of the day..Yes there will always be people who cheat... but I know at the end of the day I'm not going to be the best pvper out there, there will be genuinely people better than me who will beat me without hacking or cheating.

I can't say for certain my pvp nemesis hacks or not, but having exmained his ego perks, I know why he trounces me so often now.

Youkai Risu
05-06-2013, 03:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUsVaSpRZT8

Bahahahaha epic

Vletts
05-06-2013, 05:09 AM
I for one know I suck at PvP, especially since prior to this game I have maybe 30 minutes of play in any FPS or TPS - TOTAL. But my problem is with the bunny hoppers, albeit this past weekend was my first attempt at pvp and luckily they only showed up in the first few matches (i took a 2hour break and they were gone). But how can some one be skilled enough to 'only move around hopping' (every time I died, it did the follow killer and yes this player was in constant BUNNY motion) and yet land every shot. He was either using a LMG or an assault rifle all 4 or 5 matches.

So let me finish up with my 2 scrip... Sorry to any team I get put on, I AM tyring and I AM learning (not last place every match anymore), but I do make one hell of a good medic!!!

Oh and darn you to hell you cloak-shot gunners... you are my nemesis.:mad:

Blackwolfe
05-06-2013, 05:44 AM
Bunny hopping isn't skill, its stupidity. Any moron can bunnyhop.

Whippersnapper
05-06-2013, 05:52 AM
If you remove the hacking out of the equation then the statement holds true. There's a problem with knowing if someone is hacking or not.

I was being trounced by this one particular player quite frequently over the course of the past two weeks, until earlier today I came to the conclusion he MUST be hacking. So I searched his name as I was about to send in a feedback report, and even examined his loadout. When I saw his loadout, based on what I knew about the game, the ego perks, I was like HOLY SMOKE! This guy KNOWS what he is doing. And no I didn't report him because quite frankly I made a mistake in judging why he was doing certain things I didn't think possible.. I underestimated the potential of many of the ego perks he was using.

His entire loadout lent very well to what he was doing and when he kills me and I see him running around, he doesn't seem to be glitch warping like a fair number of players that kill me do (roughly every five in seven players). The glitch warping I'm not sure it's hack or not, because I seen my connection very occassionally freak out my connection that I end up warping backwards much to my annoyance because it makes me miss that kill shot. So most of the time I will attribute it to that person having a bad connection. It only kinda becomes suspcious when a combination of things come together.

Frankly I think there are a lot of people providing false positives on people they think they are hacking, because if you examine that person that killed you if they are still using their PvP loadout. I change out of mine the moment I leave a PvP match. I suspect a lot of people will go A-HA that's bloody damn good thinking!

I will provide a tid bit on people who think there are people hacking ego powers or using two that they shouldn't be. Examine the ego perk grid very carefully. You'll notice there is a lot of perks that will resemble one of the ego powers in particular which may make you think that person is using two ego powers (where as they are actually not)

At the end of the day..Yes there will always be people who cheat... but I know at the end of the day I'm not going to be the best pvper out there, there will be genuinely people better than me who will beat me without hacking or cheating.

I can't say for certain my pvp nemesis hacks or not, but having exmained his ego perks, I know why he trounces me so often now.
You cant see all his perks or loadout. Just what he has in the moment you searched. He can switch loadouts even in match too.

I am sure some are hacking. The solution is not to have someone constantly checking because that consumes resources. Rather, a code that detects damage and flags anything inappropriate. They'll have to resort to lesser cheats. I think that will be manageable.

Blackwolfe
05-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Calculating damage serverside would do a world of good. Right now it seems that it's done clientside?

Whippersnapper
05-06-2013, 06:03 AM
They will still cheat you know. They just wont be able to damage cheat.

N0va
05-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Bunny hopping isn't skill, its stupidity. Any moron can bunnyhop.

True bunny hopping isn't considered skill, though it is smart if you know when and how to do it. Thus putting people's aim off.

...On topic. The major hack providers do have a dmg hack implemented in it, though the dmg hack won't last long as it is easily detectable, though, that being said there will still be wallhacks and aimbots(aimbots yet to be released) for this game.

It's just a fact of playing an mmo shooter, there will ALWAYS be hackers in one form or another. Just have to learn to deal with them. Besides complaining on forums which is pointless, make a video of the player cheating and submit it to support.

Mourneblade
05-06-2013, 07:33 AM

I can't tell if you're being serious or just a bad troll.

This is a shooter, is it not? Shooting, whether it be first person or third person perspective, *usually* requires a modicum of skill, does it not? Generally speaking, don't most shooters have some sort of competitive multiplayer mode?

That being said, many people assumed that with a shooting mechanic, the combat in this game would be skill-based, and with the horizontal progression of gear and EGO talents, that the PVP dynamic would also be largely skill-based.

Apparently you failed to understand the more basic nuances of what a multiplayer online shooter entails.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean you should project your ignorance onto others through passive aggressive insults, but then looking back on some of your other posts, I can definitely see that pattern.

GuruChaz
05-06-2013, 04:30 PM

Some guy said this the other day about PVE. Frankly, I just came here for the cookies.

Insider
05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Any match I lose is not a fair match.

lol JK

I have noticed people using radar, you go and hide in some remote part of the map and they still find you, I even went so far as jumping off the map in observatory and th guy still came and got me. One other thing I have seen an increase of is super fast recharge shields, players taking 5 shotguns to the face and their shields dont move or recharge obscenely fast.

Joe Snuffy
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Honestly the problem isn't that people hack.

The problem is that the game was not designed with any effort to prevent hacking.

I don't hack never have hacked and I don;t even use UI mods. I play the game as is when it released. Sure hackers piss me off but games and developers that make zero attempts to eliminate or reduce hacking piss me off even more

Whyte
05-06-2013, 08:12 PM
I've been killed multiple times from long ranges while under stealth. I've also seen other players with really poor hacks that jerk around from player to player constantly. If you know anything about hacks there is are a lot of different styles, not everyone uses an aimbot. I find it 'suspicious' that I keep getting shot while in stealth as I run through a field from 30+m/ft away, or as I hide waiting to ambush, someone bunny hops on me and kills me with a shotty. The most popular hacks are aimbots/locators. Something as little as having a target laid on everyone's head would give an epic advantage over players that are legit. I know for a fact I have seen people cheating, and cheating very poorly/being obvious. If you're playing on a PC on an online game, people are cheating/hacking/botting/whatever they can do to play unfairly, there is no game online people won't find a way to cheat at or at least put odds in their favor unfairly.

PvP in this game isn't at all balanced and there's a lot of cheap things you can do/use that take little to no effort and will put you on the top of the kill list. For one there's no match making, everyone is fighting everyone with all ranges of levels/weapons. Shotgun = win. There is some shotgun people are using (90% of people) and it has really great range, is extremely accurate and kills in 3-4 shots. Then there is the infector gun that for some reason kills in 3-4 shots -and- has its own built in aimbot that on some of the infector styles, can autoaim for up to 30m/ft. I use both of these guns but I still don't stand a chance in PvP, but I'm low level.

The only reason I even decided to look on these forums and post this is because I was just sniped from someone out of view while I was in stealth and running, perfect 2 shots and I was dead instantly. Then I spawned and one guy takes out 4 others that spawn with me with his shotgun, yes we spawned right on top of him, not a hack (Althought he did twitch really really fast) but really dumb spawns, if you ask me. Then a random guy hits me with an infector, while I'm cloaked again, and from a very long distance, he did not see me before I cloaked.

So in short, yes people cheat, they always will, people can't even be in relationships without cheating or abusing on the one their with, games won't be any different. No, nothing will ever be done about it and even if someone attempts people will find away around it before too long, there are websites that for 100-300$ a month will develop and give you hacks, and if you get caught, they buy you a new CD key. People are cheating on this game, any character twitching like a crack head, shooting whatever's closest in the face with 100% accuracy, isn't playing legit. If hacks are getting on your nerves, buy an Xbox/PS3, because on PC you will never escape or see the end of people cheating online games, it's the only thing those people are good at in life. Boys just love to cheat and be jerks to others, online they never have to face thier victims or the consequences.

dogtired
05-07-2013, 02:10 AM
ummm.... grind i think

Skydive
05-07-2013, 02:51 AM
Any match I lose is not a fair match.

lol JK

I have noticed people using radar, you go and hide in some remote part of the map and they still find you, I even went so far as jumping off the map in observatory and th guy still came and got me. One other thing I have seen an increase of is super fast recharge shields, players taking 5 shotguns to the face and their shields dont move or recharge obscenely fast.

This too I have seen a lot of... pretty much to everyone I die to. And because it's to everyone I die to, I wonder if it's a client to client thing or more specifically a client to server to client thing. That said there is the occasional one person here and there that I die to and I don't see this... but I suspect it may be the different shields, cause the hurricane is the fastest shield to regen, it's 80% but it has a low capacity similar to the respark. This to us when we die will seem like they have insane regeneration times. If you watch a groupmate with the shield taken out and then watch it regenerate. It will regenerate very very quickly.

It's probably not the best shield to use if you are constantly up against enemies or prone to alpha strikes from a sniper or cloaked shotgunner, but if you got places to hide it's not bad.

I seen a couple of cases where people's shields don't move, but I'm likely to attribute it to client to server to client lag than hacking, because if I go after the same person again, I tend to eat them alive. It's exceptionally rare for me to encounter a person with the type of shield regen you describe without me taking them down at least once one on one in a match.

Skydive
05-07-2013, 02:56 AM
You cant see all his perks or loadout. Just what he has in the moment you searched. He can switch loadouts even in match too.

I am sure some are hacking. The solution is not to have someone constantly checking because that consumes resources. Rather, a code that detects damage and flags anything inappropriate. They'll have to resort to lesser cheats. I think that will be manageable.

I did the search whilst I was still in the match with the guy, so pretty sure it was the loadout he was using to trounce me. Needless to say when I got my revenge kill on him afterwards, IT FELT GOOD!

Zorlond
05-07-2013, 04:28 AM
So in short, yes people cheat, they always will, people can't even be in relationships without cheating or abusing on the one their with, games won't be any different.

Oh, people are capable of being in a relationship without cheating. If all the people you've been with have cheated on you, then you're not being anywhere near picky enough. Same goes for gaming, only the people who don't cheat simply don't play the segments of the game that are infested with cheaters. In other words, you don't see them because they're elsewhere (kinda like the relationship thing).

But, in my view, the largest problem with the entire hacking issue is all the idiots who, when accused of being hackers, honestly believe "thanks for the compliment" or "you're just mad you lost" completely negates the fact that yes they really are cheating and got caught doing so. They can't handle the fact that it's blatantly obvious, so they just hope it 'goes away', leaving them 'legit'. Bloody fools. No wonder hack sites demand money for their hacks, idiots gladly pay for anything.

Malikaidan
05-09-2013, 08:00 AM
sorry but being one shotted by an LMG is not an ego boost. I can understand with a sawed off shotgun or a sniper rifle but with a damned assault rifle or LMG not even freaking possible

Ryme
05-09-2013, 08:44 AM

You didn't like Mario PvP?

http://www.strafegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/art_superSmashBrosBrawl.jpg

Lindrei
05-09-2013, 09:20 AM
You didn't like Mario PvP?

http://www.strafegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/art_superSmashBrosBrawl.jpg

SSB was and will always be one of the best games from my childhood.