PDA

View Full Version : Why is the game called Defiance?

sarbonn
05-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I understand the television series being called Defiance. It's what St. Louis became. But we're in San Francisco (or at least Marin County and SF). Unless I'm not far enough in the content, I have yet to find a city or location called Defiance in our area of the game. Or are they trying to give the impression that the last battle to defeat that other race is the Battle of Defiance, where defiance is a state of being more than anything else.

I don't mean this as a troll thread. I'm actually curious.

Rasczak
05-05-2013, 08:07 AM
I understand the television series being called Defiance. It's what St. Louis became. But we're in San Francisco (or at least Marin County and SF). Unless I'm not far enough in the content, I have yet to find a city or location called Defiance in our area of the game. Or are they trying to give the impression that the last battle to defeat that other race is the Battle of Defiance, where defiance is a state of being more than anything else.

Because that is the name of the show, and therefore the franchise. The answer really is as simple as that.

Justin CarMichael
05-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Because the event that the city Defiance is named after happened in the Bay Area. The Battle of Fort Defiance.

Kierro Kai
05-05-2013, 08:19 AM

because during the Pale War Human and Votans defied orders to attack each other. "NO, we refuse to fight. In our quest to protect we only destroyed." Thus Defiance or The defiant Few of those who refusd to fight on.

Blade of Souls
05-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Because -everything- is named after that battle.

Covington
05-05-2013, 08:33 AM

And that wins it. LOL!

Also the Battle for Defiance was in the San Fran area (The Battle of Defiance was one of the final battles of the Pale Wars fought in San Francisco in December 2030.), so that makes more sense than renaming STL Defiance (especially for us who live here cause there really IS a Defiance a few miles away - awkward!)

MRE
05-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Because, 'What Ever You Say' Just sounds boring ;)

Defiance sounds like ' Not what ever you say'

Predator
05-05-2013, 08:35 AM

THIS! :cool:

Kreegan
05-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Because it defies all notions of common sense to keep playing it...

Saboteur 6
05-05-2013, 10:03 AM
There's also Fort Defiance in San Francisco where the "Defiant Few" actually did all of their defying in the Battle of Defiance.