PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Weapon differences????

RealHoosier07
05-05-2013, 08:14 AM
I was at one of the vendors, maybe the Von Bach vendor...and I noticed that it had for sale two identical guns. I think maybe frontier battle rifle. Im confused because one of these guns is green, and the other is blue, but they have the EXACT same mods open, exact same inherent ability, and exact same statistics. BOTH also have incendiary ammo too. My question is this...if they are exactly the same, why would I pay twice as much for the blue gun when the green one is much cheaper and has the exact same mods, abilities, and stats. I'm still learning so bare with me please. I just don't understand it. Thanks in advance

ncanning
05-05-2013, 08:16 AM
I've never seen that before, maybe your mistaken or it was a one time thing....?

DevilDog
05-05-2013, 08:48 AM
I've never seen that before, maybe your mistaken or it was a one time thing....?

He is talking about the Reputation Vendor. You can indeed buy different rarities.

As for the OP, higher rarity usually yields more bonuses and better bonuses. I wouldn't worry about spending more on a color until you are looking for Legendaries (oranges).

TMC
05-05-2013, 09:04 AM
All guns have the same statistics regardless of colour..... a white gun can be as good as an orange gun HOWEVER an orange gun would have more chance of better bonuses such as NANO-EFFECTS or ammo types. Also there are other bonuses such as faster reload times or faster rate-of-fire. Just make sure you read carefully.

Nano Effect Info here
http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Nano_Effects

NOTE: From Common to Legendary the gun colours are White, Green, Blue, Purple, Orange

RealHoosier07
05-05-2013, 12:51 PM
My problem is that both of these guns have the Incendiary ammo, BOTH have x.90 reload on the gun, both have same 3 mod slots open. So they are exactly the same. It's the Votan Blast Rifle from I think top notch. So basically you spend way more money because the blue one MIGHT have a better inherent ability when it's leveled up completely??? That just doesn't make sense at all. I'm not saying you're wrong, but that is just not a good enough reason to spend that much more money just because it's considered "rare" and green is "uncommon".