PDA

View Full Version : Yo dawg I heard you got Bugs with your Bugs (Island of Lost Soldier Pursuit issues)

KjcKiesh
05-05-2013, 02:29 PM
I've done this Co-op map a few times but I just can't seem to get the "Kill Matron in 3mins" goal to finish that pursuit set, but i'm pretty sure I have done it in that time frame.
Anyone else have this issue? Cause I suspect it's either bugged or just the fact that the Matron keeps disappearing for 30secs when she's low on health makes it difficult, hmm... :confused:

Das Chase
05-05-2013, 02:44 PM
The coop mission isn't actually bugged or is? depending on how you look at it. First, the timer start as soon as you "open" the blue gate by getting everyone in the circle and holding "x" for the 360. The clock will continue until you have defeated the boss. Which means SKIP THE CUT SCENE otherwise it is impossible to unlock it.

Era
05-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Did it on my first playthrough.

IMHO it's the easiest boss fight in the game.

Do you own a SAW?

Tgreen
05-05-2013, 02:59 PM
The Matron burrows throughout the fight ... and reappears or does she stay hidden in your case?

3 minute kill is no problem with or without cutscene as long as your group uses adequate weapons.

Wtflag
05-05-2013, 03:30 PM
You just need a competent team who aren't ALL training BMGs.

Try telling them you need the pursuit and please use their best gun (or a FRC SAW) for the boss fight.

Galactimus
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
During release week I could not complete:

-Kill the Monarch in 2 minutes
-Kill the Matron in 3 minutes
-Defeat the Motherlode in 5 minutes.

During each attempt I had beaten each one in half the time required but they would remain incomplete. The first large patch we had two weeks later seemed to address this issue as I completed all three on my first try afterwards. Nevertheless, I would not be surprised if this bug still persists and that is what you are currently encountering. If not, then a Ground Pounder works wonders on reducing your time.

KjcKiesh
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Did it on my first playthrough.

IMHO it's the easiest boss fight in the game.

Do you own a SAW?

Yea I do, and yeah I agree she isn't difficult to kill but when she's constantly burrowing (she'll come out, you get about 3 shots on her then she burrows) when she gets to 1/8 of her health and then hiding for 30secs it can be a real *****.

Reiter
05-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Matron and the Motherlode are the worst pursuits in the game. Matron requires competent team mates who don't have Rhinos (did it 5 times yesterday while everyone had massive buffer and slow recharge shields, only came close once after timing it which I thought was going to work and still did not succeed) and the Motherlode takes way to long to get the bottom everytime...hate this mission. Not to mention, you will usually have someone drop and end up doing the mission with only 2 other people.

Era
05-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Matron and the Motherlode are the worst pursuits in the game. Matron requires competent team mates who don't have Rhinos (did it 5 times yesterday while everyone had massive buffer and slow recharge shields, only came close once after timing it which I thought was going to work and still did not succeed) and the Motherlode takes way to long to get the bottom everytime...hate this mission. Not to mention, you will usually have someone drop and end up doing the mission with only 2 other people.

You know you can ignore the enemies for part of Motherlode, right? If that's the pursuit I'm thinking of, just drop through the hole and dash like mad.

guy delker
05-05-2013, 07:31 PM
well im sure i kill her in 3 mins. i pumped 200 ar rounds into her ever time she showed herself. 3 more players blasting her with lmgs and nad lunchers shuda killed it as fast as posable. maybe it is buged ill keep trying. seen alot of buged pursuits sofar.

chicksticker
05-05-2013, 07:54 PM
My buddy timed this when we were having trouble with the 3 mins ...we finally beat it with 2 seconds to spare. With 3 people using overcharge and AR's. We had a forth but they didn't go for the boss at all so we could been a lil faster with him helping!