PDA

View Full Version : Can you disable the System messages about PVP and COOP?

mikegonzalez2k
05-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I haven't found a way to disable the annoying system messages telling me how to enter a PvP match.
If I don't want to PvP right now I shouldn't be bugged about it.

LJ Eden
05-05-2013, 10:26 PM
[SYSTEM] Have you played DEFIANCE today? You know you want to. It's easy. In fact, you should get your friends to play. If they don't want to, use force. MAKE THEM PLAY!

[SYSTEM] I'm waiting.

krokz
05-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Please do! so annoying!

Dazz
05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
/report [system] for spamming :P

Aternak
05-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I took the Dodge race just now. Guess who was third place on the leaderboard? "System."

I think we have another Skynet being born here.

Schwa
05-06-2013, 12:10 AM
[System] We know chat is dead, so we're here to keep you company. Did you know you can chat?

Kane
05-06-2013, 01:00 AM
/t [System] chat is not dead, it;s non existent :)
and i like the message explaining how you could enter pvp by pressing d-pad something ON THE PC!!!

MAdMaN
05-06-2013, 01:08 AM
and i like the message explaining how you could enter pvp by pressing d-pad something ON THE PC!!!

You can play the game using a 360 controller on the PC (I use one for driving).

Arsenic_Touch
05-06-2013, 01:58 AM
"Here's a reminder our chat system sucks and we'll do our best to spam it when it will screw you up the most"

Farindark
05-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Greetings

It would be better then system messages telling you about game play and your options of what you can do in game by giving tutorial missions that explain them. I have to say the first time you create a character at the moment although fun once you reach the crashed stratocruiser it kinda leaves you thinking "ok wtf so its just run about shoot **** and hope they drop ubah loot huh...can't be that straightforward surely??". It isn't hard to pick the game up and find out your options.....if it was done via tutorial missions at the start it would be way more fun and much more interesting from word go!

Neptonius
05-06-2013, 04:36 AM
I hate it to and i wish it could be turned off. Every time i see that on my screen, i think, why on earth would i join something where they cheat to kill you etc....

It's really pointless use of their system messages.

Zorlond
05-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Being asked if I have ever tried a co-op map while I'm in the middle of a co-op map can only be construed as pure annoyance.

Shifter03
05-06-2013, 07:17 AM
I got the PVP message while I was coming up on the last jump in the Dodge Challenger race with 3.28 on the clock. I ended up jumping into a tree and having to restart the race. This is the stupidest use of System Message I have ever seen. It would have been ok if it had been in the chat window but on the MAIN ****ING SCREEN IN BOLD CAPS!?!?! WTF! Keep the system shut down message, lose everything else not considered an emergency notice.

Shifter03
05-06-2013, 07:18 AM
Being asked if I have ever tried a co-op map while I'm in the middle of a co-op map can only be construed as pure annoyance.

LOL, System troll.

AZAG0TH
05-06-2013, 07:39 AM
I am really hating it as well. I wish they would add an option to turn it off. I had just come out of a PvP session and queued up for the next. While waiting for the "Everyone's ready" I suddenly see "DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN PLAY PVP AGAINST YOUR FRIENDS!?!?!?!?!!" messages. I thought to myself - yeah.. I've been doing it for the past hour..

Also - really want to see the EGO rating/unlock spam finally (and actually) come to an end every time I come out of a load screen.

Strontium Dog
05-06-2013, 09:00 AM
You can play the game using a 360 controller on the PC (I use one for driving).

Thats not the point

You can use a Mouse and Keyboard on a console but you will NEVER get a message about "Press E to Join now" etc.

Lazy lazy development and maintenance.

ralisti
05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Last night I got the co-op system spam while I was in, you guess it, a co-op.

Seriously, if you are going to spam me about how to join co-op missions, at least have the code check to see if I am in a co-op, or have any co-op pursuits finished.

Blackwolfe
05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Why oh why does the system ask me to press my crlt key? I have no crlt key :P Ctrl on the other hand..

Spinesnap
05-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Who cares about the system messages? Its so minimal

I wonder what you guys will complain about next? Oh n0es my gun doesn't have heat arising from it after shooting. OMFG TRION!

ralisti
05-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Who cares about the system messages? Its so minimal

I wonder what you guys will complain about next? Oh n0es my gun doesn't have heat arising from it after shooting. OMFG TRION!

Minimal? It takes up about half of the screen, and comes in multiple parts. Have you tried to aim through bold 64 point yellow font before?

Ryme
05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Minimal? Mine splashes across the entire screen like a server restart notice.

Spinesnap
05-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Minimal? It takes up about half of the screen, and comes in multiple parts. Have you tried to aim through bold 64 point yellow font before?

Skilled players, can adapt to every situation.

godseamonkey
05-06-2013, 03:10 PM
[SYSTEM] Have you played DEFIANCE today? You know you want to. It's easy. In fact, you should get your friends to play. If they don't want to, use force. MAKE THEM PLAY!

[SYSTEM] I'm waiting.

calls up friends tells them to get on

Friends computer [SYSTEM] ERROR