PDA

View Full Version : Nano Effects Questions

KjcKiesh
05-06-2013, 06:16 AM
By now I'm sure everyone knows what nano effects are, if you don't, well it's pretty much the element on your weapon (syphon, fire, radioactive, electric, poop shoes). So I have a couple of questions about them:

1) Whats the base percentage chance that a nano effect will occur?

2) Does this base chance vary depending on the rarity (common-legendary) and/or the EGO rating of the gun?
-For example, would a legendary VOT pistol with syphon have a higher chance of syphon occuring than a white VOT pistol with syphon?
-And would a FRC SAW of 2000 EGO with fire have a higher chance of burning enemys than a 1000 EGO FRC SAW?

ventuz
05-06-2013, 06:59 AM
chance are different from all weapons.. i can tell from using "VOT Nano Fragger" and "Heavy Scattergun", can't remember exact name, both saw-off with almost similar stats.. Nano Fragger nano go off waaaaay more.

Heavy scattergun go off between 0-2 a shot
Nano Fragger goes like 3~6 a shot

Denim Samurai
05-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Still a lot of unknowns on nano effects. AFAIK no one has figured out if it's just a base chance or if it's damage based or weapon type based or what.

chrischris6767
05-06-2013, 07:15 AM
(syphon, fire, radioactive, electric, poop shoes).

I prefer the term "parachute pants" :P

But these are good questions I really have no idea.

crasher
05-06-2013, 09:44 AM
I prefer the term "parachute pants" :P

But these are good questions I really have no idea.

If the white and orange weapons have the same percentage probability than they should be equal.

If the orange had a greater chance just by virtue of being orange, then the percentage would be higher.

I know I couldn't survive if I didn't go into an arkfall without my syphon SAW and syphon Autoload.
My syphon Quick Repeater and (nuke) CS-X are near to my heart as well. That and electric nanos and I'm good.
I just wish I could find a vendor to sell a few more of those things, cuz I'd rather use them than progress my weapons development and they're all maxed out since day one of use.

These are my opinions.
Feel free to ignore whatever you want.

Mladenov
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I dont know exact proc rates but i do believe nano effects have internal cooldown.

ventuz
05-06-2013, 09:17 PM
i do believe nano effects have internal cooldown.

doesn't look like that way to me, nano effect constantly go off, no cooldown.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-06-2013, 09:24 PM
nano effects do get confusing is it specific to what your shooting at?

Golladan
05-06-2013, 09:41 PM
doesn't look like that way to me, nano effect constantly go off, no cooldown.

Can you stun lock, say, a hellbug warrior?

reigningmetal
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
I've been wondering about all that too. And what about shotguns? Wouldn't you think that there would be a nano effect chance on each pellet? I would say that would make nano effects on shotguns wicked boss, but then I switch to a fast firing VOT pulser and it seems to occur the same amount, sometimes more.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
From what I've noticed, typically faster firing weapons have far less of a chance per shot to proc the effect type. I.E. a Nano Fragger with syphon will proc almost every other shot whereas a Mazu Blast rifle might proc a max of twice in a mag if at all. FRC Saws have such a large clip that they'll proc at least a few times before you empty your clip. Autofraggers will proc every other to every other other burst. Grind Fraggers seem to be the worst though. I've shot off entire clips of ten to fifteen rounds and not gotten a single proc. Not sure if its bugged or not since it does seem to have a rather high fire rate, even for a shotgun.

So, in summary:
Higher RoF = Lower Proc Rate
Lower RoF = Higher Proc Rate

ventuz
05-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Can you stun lock, say, a hellbug warrior?

I've only tried Siphon nano fragger, this thing is beast...

I dunno about electric on nano fragger.

WhiteCell
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
What the hell does the purple disappear power thingy do?

It looks cool but I still don't know what exactly it does or why I'd want that over plain fire or another damage increase.

Wtflag
05-06-2013, 11:44 PM
What the hell does the purple disappear power thingy do?

It looks cool but I still don't know what exactly it does or why I'd want that over plain fire or another damage increase.

It drains opponent life and refills your shield/HP. According to memory, 450 damage and shield/HP restore per trigger.

It is one of the strongest effects, especially in PVP. A luck siphon trigger could mean win or lose in a 1v1 shotgun fight.