PDA

View Full Version : VBI CS-X Cluster Shotgun - Is it still in the game?

SleepyPanda
05-06-2013, 12:27 PM
I got one around Ego 200 but haven't seen one since. I've moved on to Fraggers (all types) but had fun with the CS-X Cluster before I maxed it out. I still use it from time to time but I can't gain any weapon skill XP for it.

I'm not looking to trade (sorry, I'm a little skeptical about that). I just want to know if it's still in-game.

Thanks

BLunted
05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I had one this weekend. Got it in Motherlode

mattr
05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I must be lucky. Have 6 on me right now. 3 from shop specials and the others from drops. If you're NA PS3 i'll give you one. L1lM4tt is my PSN.

Pyth
05-06-2013, 12:32 PM
They are, but as with any weapon type, it's kind of random if it will drop or not.

Though sometimes I swear the game will have a higher chance of giving me weapons that I'm currently using. Could just be coincidence.

SleepyPanda
05-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks all. It's good to know it's still in-game. I'll keep checking vendors or if I'm lucky one will drop. For now I'll just continue to work on my pump shotgun weapon skill and hold off on combat for now.

@mattr Thanks for the offer but I'm on X360 NA.

ratt707
05-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Just got one then another dropped. This thing is pretty awesome.

I wondering if the game treats it truly as an explosive weapon. I run some explosive dependent perks and not sure if Im getting the benefits.

I know there a few other weapons with explosive ammo as well.

Anyone know?

mattr
05-06-2013, 12:41 PM

I wondering if the game treats it truly as an explosive weapon. I run some explosive dependent perks and not sure if Im getting the benefits.

Anyone know?

The first legendary i received was a sawed off that shoots two "grenades" in a Vish pattern. I'm not sure if it's considered explosive damage though. The name eludes me at the moment, but i found it pretty worthless. May go back and try it again sometime.

EDIT: Ryme's post below reminded me. It's the Courier sawed off :p

Ryme
05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
If it's the grenade launcher combat shotgun, then it's still in the game. I found a white one yesterday you can have if you want it. Personally, I like the Courier sawed off much better.

Cortechs
05-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I've been wondering if different areas/mobs have different loot tables, or if it all is totally random. I was grinding a ton this weekend in one spot, and seemed to get lots of repeats.

SleepyPanda
05-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Hmmm...I have a Courier but haven't played around much with sawed off shotguns.

Corbin Zain
05-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I got 3, I could spare one if you got the scrip. they're all purple. I'm on xbox NA server

Omnifarious Xji
05-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I've got a bunch as well. They're still in the game.

crasher
05-06-2013, 01:15 PM
They are, but as with any weapon type, it's kind of random if it will drop or not.

Though sometimes I swear the game will have a higher chance of giving me weapons that I'm currently using. Could just be coincidence.

It's not coincidence, Dave.
The servers hate you.
Regards,
Hal

Anyone know?

Today's Tip:
Do NOT stand under a Monarch, torch that CS-X off, and expect to walk out the other side without a rez and a damp sponge.

HuntGod
05-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I believe they are still in, that's what I'm skilling shotty with, have 5-6 right now of various rarity on the PC.

rReves
05-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I've played the Courier sawed-off shotgun quite a bit (the shotgun with 2 grenades). At first I played it with some of the explosive kills related perks, mad bomber and shock trooper among others, but found they don't get triggered by damage and/or kills from the Courier.

Seems the explosive damage and kills done with the Courier are considered shotgun/bullet damage and kills rather than explosive ones. I expect it will be the same for the cluster shotgun but haven't tried this yet.

Not sure if this is intended game mechanics but it is how it worked not too long ago when I tried the Courier+explosives perks combination.
As far as I can tell from gameplay you'll need detonaters and rocket launchers for the explosive based perks to trigger.