PDA

View Full Version : Mini-gun underusage.

jmddavis123
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
The mini-gun-like things are the coolest thing ever in this game. They are these huge guns that are supported on your character's right shoulder and have up to 5000 bullets. The only problem is, they are under used, they need to have them pop up at arkfalls and have specific coop missions for them, because they are so fun. They could create arkfalls that have those things poping up for players to use. I mean, isn't an arkfall a piece of a ship that carries alien tech? I mean the miniguns might not be alien but it could still be in an arkfall, just like the rocket launcher or the shielded yellow fist of destruction you find at minor arkfalls that help to destroy the crystal. Trion, all I'm asking is you put to more use with the miniguns. Please and thank you.

Jack The Bear
05-06-2013, 05:16 PM
The mini-gun-like things are the coolest thing ever in this game. They are these huge guns that are supported on your character's right shoulder and have up to 5000 bullets. The only problem is, they are under used, they need to have them pop up at arkfalls and have specific coop missions for them, because they are so fun. They could create arkfalls that have those things poping up for players to use. I mean, isn't an arkfall a piece of a ship that carries alien tech? I mean the miniguns might not be alien but it could still be in an arkfall, just like the rocket launcher or the shielded yellow fist of destruction you find at minor arkfalls that help to destroy the crystal. Trion, all I'm asking is you put to more use with the miniguns. Please and thank you.

Yea it is a pretty freakin' awesome gun, that they don't take advantage of. I'm sure they will find something to do with it! ;]

OmniDevil
05-06-2013, 05:27 PM
There's actually an area in the Farms that has you use one to kill off huge waves of hell bugs (not the Rampage). Once you complete the event, you can actually slowly walk to any arkfall and use it. I'm sure it's not intended, but the loooooooong walk is worth it!

Warlander
05-06-2013, 05:30 PM
My idea is they need to add a utility slot to our load outs, so we can buy expensive 1 use items, like the mini gun, or rocket launchers that dont suck, or maybe just increased ammo space for specific weapons.

you would go to a utility vendor and say buy a mini gun, would go in your utility slot, but maybe you only get 500 rounds or something, and when its gone the weapon is discarded, and you need to go buy another one.
Or maybe you just want another 50 rounds for your sniper rifle so you but a sniper rifle ammo puch and drop it in your utility slot.
Or maybe you want a rocket launcher that doesnt suck, so you buy a really powerful 2 shot rocket launcher for your utility slot.

WOuld be great, because you would always have to go get another one, so you would be sure to only use em in emergency situations, and would give us something to spend scrip on.

Epshiluss
05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeh the mini gun was great before the big patch, where you had infinite time to walk around with the 1 from an emergency. Now they disappear in 1-5 minutes after walking with it (maybe its a bug?)

Here's a tip for infinite ammo with them, not that you will run out any time soon. The emergency ammo perk gives you 250 ammo per level on shield break with a 4000 ammo gun.

Warlander
05-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Yeh the mini gun was great before the big patch, where you had infinite time to walk around with the 1 from an emergency. Now they disappear in 1-5 minutes after walking with it (maybe its a bug?)

Here's a tip for infinite ammo with them, not that you will run out any time soon. The emergency ammo perk gives you 250 ammo per level on shield break with a 4000 ammo gun.

The bug is that you can keep it, it is supposed to and usually disapears. keeping it is a bug.

Rebel Raven
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I agree, the Reaper's one of the few miniguns that I feel actually does justice to Miniguns in games. I feel like I could saw a car in half with it. :P
Shame there's not much use of it, indeed.

And it's probably too much to hope for to have some variation of it in a more normal weapon form.

We need MOAR DAKKA!!!!