PDA

View Full Version : Dlc?

sixlightning
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I know trion has talked about this a bit already.. and this may be a stupid question, but has trion released a specific time period or date when they are going to make major DLC available such as map extensions?

Trionequalsfail
05-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Trion? New content? Yeah right...

Miserere
05-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Short answer: No.

sixlightning
05-06-2013, 06:13 PM
So i bought the season pass for nothing then? I mean they have been adding vehicles and new armor and elemental hell bugs
...whats to say they wont expand the map like they promised.

Holiday
05-06-2013, 06:16 PM
They will its just going to take more time than originally expected. This game is just going to take a little patients.

Trionequalsfail
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah I heard they're going to add weather. They're you go. Dlc yep.

Miserere
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
They will its just going to take more time than originally expected. This game is just going to take a little patients.

This. If you have a Steam account, you can get a refund still since the DLCs are still considered a pre-order. But it's going to be a little while before they announce anything.

sixlightning
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Playing on console ahha dont have that luxury.....also it seems like EVEN THE HELLBUG HAT given to you when buying the season pass is no longer on my account

Miserere
05-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Playing on console ahha dont have that luxury.....also it seems like EVEN THE HELLBUG HAT given to you when buying the season pass is no longer on my account

You on Xbox? I'd probably submit a ticket or something to get it back..

Azumi RM
05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
The problem is : we have already received one of the 5 DLCs. I don't think refunds would be possible on a partially used product.

sixlightning
05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
What exactly was that? the hell bugs? I havent recieved anything that other players without the season pass dont have or had to pay for

Azumi RM
05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Cap and Red outfit. They were classed as DLC if you look on the main page. People with the pass received them. Like I have said before : The game extension DLCs (large expansions or story expansions) will probably not be included in the 5 DLCs we get with season passes.

hagndaz
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM
we have already received one of the 5 DLCs
eh?/10chars

hagndaz
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Cap and Red outfit. They were classed as DLC if you look on the main page. People with the pass received them. Like I have said before : The game extension DLCs (large expansions or story expansions) will probably not be included in the 5 DLCs we get with season passes.

werent those incentives to buy? that shouldnt count as content.

edit
red suit was a preorder bonus, only the hat was given for season pass

II Psycho II x
05-06-2013, 06:47 PM
So i bought the season pass for nothing then? I mean they have been adding vehicles and new armor and elemental hell bugs

This is the reason im not buying it now, was considering it but not much is being done right now to even say the DLC will come anytime soon or that they will do what they said :/

ironhands
05-07-2013, 06:20 AM
The problem is : we have already received one of the 5 DLCs. I don't think refunds would be possible on a partially used product.

we have not received any of the DLC yet, the hat and lockbox (not red suit) are bonuses for the season pass purchase.
The key has been redeemed so I don't know if Steam can refund them, since they may not be able to deactivate the code with Trion - meaning anyone who goes after a refund for the DLC may end up getting a refund AND still having access to the DLC, the same way anyone who attempted a refund from Amazon for the main game may have.

MaSh_MaN94
05-07-2013, 06:22 AM
This. If you have a Steam account, you can get a refund still since the DLCs are still considered a pre-order. But it's going to be a little while before they announce anything.
Im going through my refund process now with sony. The guy i spoke on the phone said its possible i could a refund. Im waiting for a phone call back.

r3dl4nce
05-07-2013, 06:43 AM

Season pass is a PREORDER. When Trion will release DLCs, you'll get your first 5 DLCs included in the season pass

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 07:02 AM

Patience.

Although, the version you used could be right. The game is a bit anemic right now and could qualify as needing to be a patient. :p

Viryu
05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Trion? New content? Yeah right...

Not only there's no new content, but old one is being removed. I'm still sour after removing the Episode missions from before the airing of the show. I did enjoy them, but didn't manage to do the last one. Instead we got grinding pursuits. Kill X monsters and collect X recorders as a "tie in" to the show. Lame.

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
So people complain when there is Day-1 DLC and complain when there isn't DLC by Day 30. Interesting, so is Day 15 DLC the target?

mushinwolf
05-07-2013, 07:11 AM

Please refrain from passing off the above rubbish as actual info...it confuses people who might not know any better.

Luckily others have corrected you...think before writing next time ;)

ironhands
05-07-2013, 07:14 AM
So people complain when there is Day-1 DLC and complain when there isn't DLC by Day 30. Interesting, so is Day 15 DLC the target?

It was; yes. Partially because they didn't want to spoil the surprise of the Volge in the show by having them already in the game. I'm hoping we'll get it in the next 2-3 weeks, but not holding my breath for it, I've plenty of other games to work in on the meantime.

Omnifarious Xji
05-07-2013, 07:21 AM

Patients? What would we need them for?! Are w-we going to like experiment on them whilst we wait or something? Do we have to preform some open heart surgery like some k-kind of an offering tribute to Trion? Or?

Omnifarious Xji
05-07-2013, 07:23 AM

*Facepalm* ... I... I'm not even going to say something here...

New Gnu
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM

Yeah, that's just a bit oversimplified.

The complaint on here is neither that there's on-disc DLC or no-dlc by day 30, it's that Trion is (again) taking real money for things they have not elaborated on. Truly, shame is due to the consumer for purchasing said materials sight-unseen, but the company continues to do so:
-They used PC screenshots to sell the XBox game,
-sold a $60 game with no reference to the fact that the loot tables are crippled by the expectation that you'll buy boosts,
-left in the references to the blatantly false weapon mod system,
-and sold based on the frankly ludicrous notion that the game and show are in any way shape or form tied into the show.

That's all clearly ********, and yet Trion sends us updates on what else we may purchase from them before they send an email really detailing the development plans.

Surprisingly, I like the game: It has a niche with my friends that don't play as often as I do, as my 800-EGO guy really works just about as well as their 200 ego guys. It has "things" to do for 15-minute blocks of time and can hold us for an hour or two. The gun play is enjoyable.

Please support the good game by playing it, but please don't support the economic model by buying from the store.

ironhands
05-07-2013, 07:52 AM
-sold a $60 game with no reference to the fact that the loot tables are crippled by the expectation that you'll buy boosts,
-left in the references to the blatantly false weapon mod system,

Huh?

-and sold based on the frankly ludicrous notion that the game and show are in any way shape or form tied into the show.

what were you expecting the tie-in to be?

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Yeah, that's just a bit oversimplified.

The complaint on here is neither that there's on-disc DLC or no-dlc by day 30, it's that Trion is (again) taking real money for things they have not elaborated on..

Aren't all season passes essentially selling something that isn't elaborated on?

ironhands
05-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Aren't all season passes essentially selling something that isn't elaborated on?

pretty much every one, ever. Look at the Dishonored, Borderlands 2, or Bioshock Infinite. There's little to no info on those, ever. The decision to buy those comes after you play the game, and decide that you'd like to play MORE, in most cases, even not knowing what it'll be.

I'm personally not a fan of the DLC model most games have, but several DLC packages have been quite good over the years. ME2 Shadow Broker is hailed as one of the best DLC of all time. I very much enjoyed the DLC for both Fallout 3 games, as well as Oblivion, but many other games just release it as an afterthought without much care.

For MMO games, with an intended lifespan, I support DLC as well since it helps to keep things running. the $40 isn't a lot, even for me when money's tight. For me, any upset will come if/when the free content it includes > the content I paid for.

Shandri
05-07-2013, 08:09 AM
They've stated that they are delaying the DLC content until they get the server and game issues under control. That's where their focus is at the moment. Once they get the fixes in place 9and they've already done some of that) then they will put their focus back onto the DLC releases.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-07-2013, 08:16 AM
pretty much every one, ever. Look at the Dishonored, Borderlands 2, or Bioshock Infinite. There's little to no info on those, ever. The decision to buy those comes after you play the game, and decide that you'd like to play MORE, in most cases, even not knowing what it'll be.

I'm personally not a fan of the DLC model most games have, but several DLC packages have been quite good over the years. ME2 Shadow Broker is hailed as one of the best DLC of all time. I very much enjoyed the DLC for both Fallout 3 games, as well as Oblivion, but many other games just release it as an afterthought without much care.

For MMO games, with an intended lifespan, I support DLC as well since it helps to keep things running. the $40 isn't a lot, even for me when money's tight. For me, any upset will come if/when the free content it includes > the content I paid for.

To elaborate on the Mass Effect DLC comparision... the thing is, you had an AMAZING game there already in place to know that what you were paying for (Shadow Broker DLC) would be well worth it. BioWare had a great product and knew it; Trion can't possibly feel the same way right now, which may explain why they're not talking DLC: a lot of people don't want to hear about that in the face of huge in-game issues that still exist, some from early beta.

I really- really- want to love this game... but the longer you stare at it, the more glaring the inconsistencies and flaws become. I'm not bailing ship- I still enjoy playing daily- but Trion really needs to get their act together, push out some fixes (Dam Defense, Freight Yard, more), and THEN get people excited about the game with a teaser or some info about the DLC.

The thing is, people like me (paid for the base game, didn't buy season pass) are far less likely- as the game stands right now- to pay for 5 pieces of content... there's no incentive to do so.

ironhands
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
a lot of people don't want to hear about that in the face of huge in-game issues that still exist, some from early beta.

I believe they stated this in a community address

squidgod2000
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
They've hinted at the landmass expansion in the show with references to the maglev and such. At some point there will be a train that heads east from the bay and you'll ride that to access new areas.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-07-2013, 08:49 AM
They've hinted at the landmass expansion in the show with references to the maglev and such. At some point there will be a train that heads west from the bay and you'll ride that to access new areas.

Guessing you mean East, since the San Fran Bay IS the West ;P

ironhands
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Guessing you mean East, since the San Fran Bay IS the West ;P

I think there'll be a steady push NE-ish, towards St Louis. I highly doubt it'll ever connect, there's way too much space for a single uninterrupted map obviously, but, we know that season 2 has some connection with Vegas, which is sort of on the way IIRC, not American.

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Well, from Lance's mouth we won't be getting any of the "lore maps" that are on the facebook page, talking about "The Storm Divide" ETC. At least They weren't working on any of them when I asked.