PDA

View Full Version : Lock Boxes are Worthless!!!

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 06:59 PM
28 tier 3s and 4 tier 4s and not a single legendary wtf!? Last 4 havent even resulted in a purple weapon. Seriously what is this, Diablo 3!?!

BLITZKRI3G
05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
well from what i read tier 3 has a 6% of orange and tier 4 has 8% so every time you open one those are your chances i know what you mean i saved my salvage and once i was at 600k i then went and got 75 keys THEN i went and bought as many boxes as i could in 1 sitting i thik i bought around 25-35 boxes and you know what i got nothing orange i spend a nice amount of time empying and refilling my inventory only to feel cheated but i suggest you hang in there youll get them DONT BUY TIER 4 too pricey for the %

Blade of Souls
05-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Got my first orange from a lockbox (Tier 3) today. EGO 1400....took long enough.

Yeah, I think the chances are just terrible. *shrug* That's why they're legendary.

Scipio
05-06-2013, 07:21 PM
i stopped buying lockboxes for the simple fact, that in my opinion, i can get white and blue weapons that are just as good, if not better than an orange. I figure maybe one day i'll buy some lockboxes and who knows, maybe i'll get lucky. until then, i'll just stick to what i have.

lagaros
05-06-2013, 07:22 PM
28 tier 3s and 4 tier 4s and not a single legendary wtf!? Last 4 havent even resulted in a purple weapon. Seriously what is this, Diablo 3!?!

Even in tier 3 & 4 the rate of getting a Legendary item is extremely low. If it makes you so angry that you havent found any Legendaries then you should go buy one from someone. Otherwise you should keep trying without complaining, seeing as how we all have the same chances to get legendaries as you and since it is extremely easy to get money and gear in this MMO by comparison to others.

Good Luck!

Edit: Only chumps care about Rarity, good players care about Stats.

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Its not about weapons being good its about the stats... they keep nerfing farming methods and when the stats don't work out it gets highly frustrating. At 0.06 drop rate in T3s 1.68 oranges should pop per 25...

lagaros
05-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Its not about weapons being good its about the stats... they keep nerfing farming methods and when the stats don't work out it gets highly frustrating. It's not easy flipping blues and purps...

run san quentin, level up guns and collect ark salvage/keycodes in the process.

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I've been running Mine 99, roughly a minute for 2 keys

BLITZKRI3G
05-06-2013, 07:29 PM
i stopped buying lockboxes for the simple fact, that in my opinion, i can get white and blue weapons that are just as good, if not better than an orange. I figure maybe one day i'll buy some lockboxes and who knows, maybe i'll get lucky. until then, i'll just stick to what i have.

honestly that is correct they do have the same stats BUT its for there synergy that there good tbh in my opinion its not worth keeping an orange weapon until you have that gun level at 20

MrClip26
05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
I've been running Mine 99, roughly a minute for 2 keys

see..this is pointless..you can do san quentin and get 2 keys and mad ark salvage..all in under 10 mins..easy doubling your chance for getting orange since you will have double your key amount since you can get more with the ark salvage

ive done this only a few times..when i was bored..

all to there own

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 08:15 PM
pointless you say? depends on the amount of ark salvage. If I can rinse and repeat 5-10 Mine 99 in 10 minutes for 10-20 keys isn't that in fact quintupling your keys...

II Psycho II x
05-06-2013, 08:21 PM
pointless you say? depends on the amount of ark salvage. If I can rinse and repeat 5-10 Mine 99 in 10 minutes for 10-20 keys isn't that in fact quintupling your keys...

This way is ok i suppose but i have to agree with "lagaros " run san quentin, best way to get more for your time and get a better outcome. Mine 99 gets a bit boring having to hold X then drive away go back hold X and so on....

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 08:23 PM
This whole topic has been objective based; I don't care about subjectivity. Unless I'm mistaken Mine 99 is the most EFFICIENT way to farm keys yes?

Giotto
05-06-2013, 08:25 PM

With that, Your ASSUMING. Some idiots dont turn up. And mess your farming up. Making it take alot longer. Making you get less keys and sometimes NO keys.

Mine 99 would be good if you could be on a private server. But i get sick to death of people turning up and taking 5 hours to kill things they dont need to kill.

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I solo Mine 99 unless friends help (which is rare) and I clock in around 55 - 85 seconds soloing it with my Blur build

Giotto
05-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I solo Mine 99 unless friends help (which is rare) and I clock in around 55 - 85 seconds soloing it with my Blur build

Yep me too. I used to solo it with decoy. Didnt have to kill more than 1 person. In and out in under a min.

But its never that easy. Someone always turns up and messes it up somehow.

MrClip26
05-06-2013, 08:58 PM
i wont bother trying to convince anyone..but the fact is..doing san quentin benefits you more than running mine99 over n over..FACT..

theryanbecker
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
@MrClip26

Prove it... shouldn't be that hard if you're stating it so blatantly...

Kylun
05-06-2013, 09:45 PM
99 better if can just stand in range when person is doing it get free keys lol.

canoedigit
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
I bet the OP is saying this thread is supposed to be about how much lock boxes suck.

Fakinell
05-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I have a green SMG that I'll never part with.

Yet to find a legendary but I'm not hung up about it and refuse to pay inflated asking prices in the trade section either. It's all about what the gun can do and not what colour it is.

Pow

StanleyPain
05-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Yet to find a legendary but I'm not hung up about it and refuse to pay inflated asking prices in the trade section either. It's all about what the gun can do and not what colour it is.

Pow

Pretty much. People are too hung up on the rarity. A lot of times the only difference between a purple and a blue is just that the purple has a special attribute (with my luck, it's usually a melee bonus) and synergy slots which, frankly, in my opinion, aren't worth the time hunting for. The amount of scrip and ark salvage you have to spend sometimes just to mod out a weapon properly (or get back your mods) isn't even remotely worth it when you can get reasonably similar results with a lower rarity weapon sometimes.

Bill scant
05-06-2013, 11:31 PM
For me its about needing them for Ego Evolution VI
Will need orange weapons grenade and shield.

boosted gear
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Uhh huhh its about pursuits for me to and my luck is rubbish not looking forwards to that pursuit haha. Just leveling detanators up now trying to keep the orange till last thinking i may get lucky by then :)

BunkeredSphinx
05-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Got my first orange from a lockbox (Tier 3) today. EGO 1400....took long enough.

Yeah, I think the chances are just terrible. *shrug* That's why they're legendary.

not really much difference between white and orange if you put right mods on.

PitBull76
05-07-2013, 02:12 AM

They are supposed to be hard to get. If you notice in the trade thread, some of those weapons are selling for over 100K each. I had a dry spell as well but managed to score a legendary in each of the last two tier 4 boxes I purchased. I can only imagine how long it will be before I see another one.

Chilmeister
05-07-2013, 03:03 AM
I think i would just be happy to see different styles of lock boxes like maybe an assault package or a sniper package. I spent all my hard earned tokens on one yesterday a tier4 one to get two rocket launchers a detonator and a grenade mod. A total waste as the lower lvl purple grenade mod i had was better and ive never used rockets or detonators as i prefer assault or lmgs. So lets not bother with the tiers at all lets just have class specific packages.

N3gativeCr33p
05-07-2013, 05:28 AM
And I used to think a lot of complaining happened on other MMO forums... wow...

ChAoTic Puppy23
05-07-2013, 05:51 AM
I never have luck with lock boxes.....At first I wanted a legendary gun but soon I found out that the gun I have does allot more damage than most of the orange guns lol Even if the damage does go over mine it doesn’t matter cuz it shoots fast and makes up for the less damage and still kills faster.............. BUT I think ill keep trying to get them and start selling orange stuff on here :p get a ton of scrip!!

ChAoTic Puppy23
05-07-2013, 05:57 AM

Pow
The gun I use is a heavy FRC carbine it is green and I will never give it up. does like 545 damage lol :) and its full camo white lol awesome!

Grit
05-07-2013, 06:05 AM
I had CRAZY luck at the get go.. had 4 oranges in my inventory at once and i got two from one crate. Haven't seen one since EGO 601, not really worried about it either. I usually get trolled by the caches big time... nothing like continually getting sniper and spanner mods lol. OH YEAH..i waste them too i'll throw them on weapons just to clear them from my inventory because selling them isn't worth it and i'm not gonna take the time to "trade" them aka give them away or sell for 1 scrip.

Wish you could buy MOD sets like an Assault Set that would give you maybe 1 mod but it'll work for ARs/LMGs/Subs i dunno..i guess it's like buying packs of baseball cards.... "sweet i got another checklist." lol

Gabbro1000
05-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Lockboxes ain't worthless, I have 4 orange BMGs...

theryanbecker
05-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Since making this thread I have opened 6 more Tier 3s bringing my total to 34 Tier 3s and 4 Tier 4s and not one single Legendary yet. As I said drop rates are 6% in T3 and 8% in T4. I'm clearly in the bottom percentile of a piss poor pile

PS: These are just boxes I started counting since last Thursday. God only knows how many I've opened before that...

Omnifarious Xji
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM
I've only bough 8 T2 lock boxes, and have gotten 3 legendaries. You mad bro?

Covington
05-08-2013, 05:58 AM
I must have terrible luck as well I only get weak Blue items. Think I will save my keys for a later date, blew them all again last night with nothing to show for it.

Grit
05-08-2013, 06:18 AM
i always get garbage in lock boxes..i usually sell it off or melt it down into ark salvage. Now and again i'll get something worth keeping. I haven't saved up for a T4 in a while...maybe i'll do that over the next day or two.

SuperDingleberg
05-08-2013, 06:51 AM
My opinion is the whole lockbox thing kinda sucks. Why not have a quest with a harder boss that then has a random chance of dropping some cool loot. At the moment its more like a game show.