PDA

View Full Version : New Content/Persuits (Ep 4)? Where are you?

Callek
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Hey Sledge (I'm keeping your name out of the topic, as requested elsewhere on forums)

Elizabeth said you'd answer in more detail in "After the badlands" chat and I saw your name briefly a few times but the whole thing scrolled past where I can even scroll back for so asking here again.

Baiscally What is "new" for this week in relation to episode content, I know elizabeth said "Hellbug season is still here" but I expected either some new content related to that, or new persuits, a new hotshot, *something*.

Is there anything new, or are we just still going to have the same emergencies/elemental-hellbugs and that is it for this week?

Skatch
05-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Nope they said on Across the Badlands no new content aka episode pursuits this week.

Wiggles
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Going to stop the only thing that keeps players who finished all missions and most pursuits still play???
Sounds like a good plan Trion, keep up the good work....

Fraga
05-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Going to stop the only thing that keeps players who finished all missions and most pursuits still play???
Sounds like a good plan Trion, keep up the good work....

Since Soul Sacrifice came out, I've really struggled to break away and find reasons to play Defiance. Was hoping the weekly pursuits would at least keep me engaged from week to week.

Yehlan
05-06-2013, 08:22 PM
As officially stated by Sledgehammer on twitter earlier today. Pursuits and contracts aren't considered content by the defiance team so really besides a handful of new emergencies which I am assuming is still considered new content we really havn't seen anything tangible yet. As well officially stated new content will come in undisclosed amounts over an undisclosed amount of time, in undisclosed places at an undisclosed cost to us.

Wiggles
05-06-2013, 08:27 PM
As officially stated by Sledgehammer on twitter earlier today. Pursuits and contracts aren't considered content by the defiance team so really besides a handful of new emergencies which I am assuming is still considered new content we really havn't seen anything tangible yet. As well officially stated new content will come in undisclosed amounts over an undisclosed amount of time, in undisclosed places at an undisclosed cost to us.

Pursuits/contracts not considered content by Ddv team? That's asinine.

Schwa
05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
They've specifically said show tie-in content drops every other week. So we weren't expecting anything new this week anyway.

My money's on the episode mission showing up next monday.

Wiggles
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
There has been new content for every other episode. That wasn't every other week?

Schwa
05-06-2013, 08:33 PM
There has been new content for every other episode. That wasn't every other week?

It's added every other week. We got a patch for the premiere, then nothing the week after that. Then we got another patch, then nothing this week. We do have 4 episode pursuits on the tracker. But it seems we're still missing a weekly to finish the 4th episode pursuit... which I assume is bugged.

It's always bugged.

exxcess
05-06-2013, 08:39 PM
content crossover = bugged pursuits recycling past content. Nuff said

Callek
05-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Nope they said on Across the Badlands no new content aka episode pursuits this week.

I watched across the badlands tonight, and as far as I could tell I was the only one who asked this question that they answered, and they didn't say "no new content" they just didn't say any specific new content only that it was still hellbug season and that sledge would give more specifics in chat

Callek
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM
It's added every other week. We got a patch for the premiere, then nothing the week after that. Then we got another patch, then nothing this week. We do have 4 episode pursuits on the tracker. But it seems we're still missing a weekly to finish the 4th episode pursuit... which I assume is bugged.

It's always bugged.

Not quite, the *second* persuit to the episode 3 persuit section (note the episodic persuits get #'s next to episode grouping) is not yet completable

Per a chat with cust service that one will only be completable once the Most Wanted contest is over. (Which I felt was dumb, but hey, whatever)

But that does not mean there is any episode 4 content/persuits in the game.

Rasczak
05-06-2013, 09:09 PM

Oh, so they basically admitted that they've had no content since the show started that tied into the show?

That's one hell of a transmedia enterprise you guys have going there. Comcast/NBCUniversal/Syfy must be singing your praise considering they have near $100 million invested in this franchise, and you guys only have 50% of the cost of the MMO's development.

exxcess
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Oh, so they basically admitted that they've had no content since the show started that tied into the show?

That's one hell of a transmedia enterprise you guys have going there. Comcast/NBCUniversal/Syfy must be singing your praise considering they have near $100 million invested in this franchise, and you guys only have 50% of the cost of the MMO's development.

Well said, content is UNIQUE ADDITIONAL things in the game. People have to stop defending the lies and validating recycled content as new through pursuits and contracts

Booshy
05-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Seriously?? Now you guys are going on week 5 of a 12 week show season and STILL waiting for some actual content or a mission quest? WOW..........

Schwa
05-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Seriously?? Now you guys are going on week 5 of a 12 week show season and STILL waiting for some actual content or a mission quest? WOW..........

But it's an MMO! And MMOs take some time to start! It'll be great when they fix the bugs!

Rasczak
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
But it's an MMO! And MMOs take some time to start! It'll be great when they fix the bugs!

And you and I both know the show, if it lasts, will be on Season 4 by then.

SWFTWLF
05-06-2013, 09:53 PM
And you and I both know the show, if it lasts, will be on Season 4 by then.

And we all know the game will probably not last quite that long if they eventually go F2P instead of B2P.

exxcess
05-06-2013, 10:13 PM
This game should have been F2P from the beginning

WhiteCell
05-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Watched tonight's episode which was pretty great. Came to the forums to see if the fabled new tv content would finally show up, nope. Not even a pursuit or whatever goofy random event grind?

Season is half over and nothing yet? :o