PDA

View Full Version : So, I just got into San Francisco and had a few questions...

StanleyPain
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
So, is San Francisco it's own instance or something? I remember going there before I got to that point in the story and, of course, you encounter the giant robot and there was, like, at least 10-12 people are messing around, getting killed, trying to do stunts while getting shot at. It seemed like it was like that every time I went.

So, now I'm into SF as part of the story when I drive there, there's no one at all. When I get into SF itself, there's not a single soul. A major Arkfall started and not a single person went to any of the arkfall points. Is SF just not a place that players hang out in or is there something weird about my game?

Also, are there any fast travel points in SF? Any hubs at all?

MrYac
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
no it's not an instance, and there's only 1 fast travel location and that's the little base in the overpass

Unsent Soul
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
So, is San Francisco it's own instance or something? I remember going there before I got to that point in the story and, of course, you encounter the giant robot and there was, like, at least 10-12 people are messing around, getting killed, trying to do stunts while getting shot at. It seemed like it was like that every time I went.

So, now I'm into SF as part of the story when I drive there, there's no one at all. When I get into SF itself, there's not a single soul. A major Arkfall started and not a single person went to any of the arkfall points. Is SF just not a place that players hang out in or is there something weird about my game?

Also, are there any fast travel points in SF? Any hubs at all?

1 fast travel point that I have found, the overpass shop. As far as feeling empty it usually is at this point in the game. Not a whole lot of people have ventured there and there aren't any worthy (quick) things to do for keys. Most people don't like fighting dark matter. Ill usually find a dozen or so people at the overpass shop but they are usually afk.

MagellanD
05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
I notice that the population is low there too. Scrapper ark falls are a small part of the pursuits and that is what may be driving that population shift.

Once you're done in San Fran the reward for work may not be entirely worth it. I've gotten most of my purples from missions there but because I population it sucks going alone vs dark matter.

The jump from San Fran tower is awesome though.

Scipio
05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
1 fast travel point that I have found, the overpass shop. As far as feeling empty it usually is at this point in the game. Not a whole lot of people have ventured there and there aren't any worthy (quick) things to do for keys. Most people don't like fighting dark matter. Ill usually find a dozen or so people at the overpass shop but they are usually afk.

i agree with you about san fran being empty, although today, i went there just do the rampage at the overpass, and surprisingly, there were ALOT of people there. I have no idea why, since there isn't really anything worth doing there. And as far as i can gather, the overpass is the only fast travel point in San Fran.

Unsent Soul
05-06-2013, 09:27 PM
i agree with you about san fran being empty, although today, i went there just do the rampage at the overpass, and surprisingly, there were ALOT of people there. I have no idea why, since there isn't really anything worth doing there. And as far as i can gather, the overpass is the only fast travel point in San Fran.

Yeah I drove all around that area looking for another fast travel... No dice. I don't mind dark matter but the only missions that give key codes require you to kill like 100 of them and the emergency takes like 20-30 minutes solo.

zambeezi
05-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Would be nice if they added 1 or 2 more fast travel (save points) points. Did a couple of side missions yesterday and had to extract to the bridge (600m away) as I could not find any save points nearby either.

ChAoTic Puppy23
05-07-2013, 05:08 AM
When I am there normally there is a bunch of people doing stuff.