PDA

View Full Version : The straw that broke the camels back.

EvilOps
05-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Usually i try to be impartial, somewhat constructive and encourage differing opinions. Not this time I guess. I guess this is one of those lame G'buy threads but hopefully it's entertaining and if it's not..well at least there wont be another one. :)

Below is the request to get back a weapon that was eaten by the Matrix. This was after the patch and I had refused a replacement weapon when offered in an earlier chat so that I could get the weapon I lost when they had the tools with the new patch

[01:58:00 PM] GM Rayosequis: Thanks, give me a moment to look into this.
[02:03:21 PM] GM Rayosequis: Ok, I'll need to escalate this issue to a higher tier of support so they can verify the loss of the Legendary FRC Assault rifle and replace it.
[02:03:29 PM] End-user: ty
[02:03:32 PM] GM Rayosequis: Aside from this, was there anything else you needed help with today?
[02:03:42 PM] End-user: how long does this process take?
[02:04:48 PM] GM Rayosequis: Generally the escalation process takes between 24-48 hours to complete depending on the type of issue and the escalations queue.
[02:04:59 PM] End-user: i see, well thank you then

Then I received this around 9 days later.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for the delay in our response. I have reviewed the logs and unfortunately I cannot find a Legendary FRC Assault Rifle at any point in your possession for the time frame that you provided.

I do see though that you had destroyed a Legendary VOT Disruptor on the 27th, but due to the amount of times that we have assist you with restorations, I will be unable to provide you with assistance for this weapon.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this news may cause.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

So I replied with this.

Please don't assume I continue to support Trion worlds. I do not, will not and will advise others not to.

It's ok that you couldn't find any record of the weapon 9 days after i've requested the help. It's also ok that you wouldn't help me even if you could because of the amount of times you've had to replace weapons destroyed by the bugs in your game. I believe in total I've spent over 200 plus dollars on your game and talk about buyers remorse. I thought at the time I was investing in a game that was going to grow seeing it had the Trion brand attached. Boy, was I wrong. Enjoy what fleeting success you have left and maybe give Sony a call as to what to do when you have around 300 active players on your servers. I think they still manage with DCUO.

On a side note, the TV show is watchable however the abortion of a follow up you produce is terrible, uninformative and hard to watch.

Toodles.

Neogeo
05-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Did you drop this silver axe, or this golden axe?

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Usually i try to be impartial, somewhat constructive and encourage differing opinions. Not this time I guess. I guess this is one of those lame G'buy threads but hopefully it's entertaining and if it's not..well at least there wont be another one. :)

Below is the request to get back a weapon that was eaten by the Matrix. This was after the patch and I had refused a replacement weapon when offered in an earlier chat so that I could get the weapon I lost when they had the tools with the new patch

[01:58:00 PM] GM Rayosequis: Thanks, give me a moment to look into this.
[02:03:21 PM] GM Rayosequis: Ok, I'll need to escalate this issue to a higher tier of support so they can verify the loss of the Legendary FRC Assault rifle and replace it.
[02:03:29 PM] End-user: ty
[02:03:32 PM] GM Rayosequis: Aside from this, was there anything else you needed help with today?
[02:03:42 PM] End-user: how long does this process take?
[02:04:48 PM] GM Rayosequis: Generally the escalation process takes between 24-48 hours to complete depending on the type of issue and the escalations queue.
[02:04:59 PM] End-user: i see, well thank you then

Then I received this around 9 days later.

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I apologize for the delay in our response. I have reviewed the logs and unfortunately I cannot find a Legendary FRC Assault Rifle at any point in your possession for the time frame that you provided.

I do see though that you had destroyed a Legendary VOT Disruptor on the 27th, but due to the amount of times that we have assist you with restorations, I will be unable to provide you with assistance for this weapon.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this news may cause.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

So I replied with this.

Please don't assume I continue to support Trion worlds. I do not, will not and will advise others not to.

It's ok that you couldn't find any record of the weapon 9 days after i've requested the help. It's also ok that you wouldn't help me even if you could because of the amount of times you've had to replace weapons destroyed by the bugs in your game. I believe in total I've spent over 200 plus dollars on your game and talk about buyers remorse. I thought at the time I was investing in a game that was going to grow seeing it had the Trion brand attached. Boy, was I wrong. Enjoy what fleeting success you have left and maybe give Sony a call as to what to do when you have around 300 active players on your servers. I think they still manage with DCUO.

On a side note, the TV show is watchable however the abortion of a follow up you produce is terrible, uninformative and hard to watch.

Toodles.

Dear Trion Customer,

While I would love to be kind as act like i give a damn, i must admit that we already have your money, all 200 dollars of it. And can not take responsibility for our own bugs.

Tootles!

Joking aside, I feel for you man. If i lost weapons due to say, if im correct, a salvage matrix too Id be ticked at this response. Then again i have lost i believe it was one purple to it, oh well.

Facade
05-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Honestly the person that opened that message you sent probably laughed about it & showed it to their co-workers.

Sorry to hear for your loss of weapon though, with how horrid of a drop rate these weapons are I would be pretty pissed myself.

EvilWaterman
05-07-2013, 05:15 AM
well. i stopped playing not because of bugs as I didn't experience them but because I simply got bored out of my head playing it. As soon as I finished the Story I had no desire to switch it on again.

Its a shame really.

hey ho, back to DUST 514!

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 05:17 AM
well. i stopped playing not because of bugs as I didn't experience them but because I simply got bored out of my head playing it. As soon as I finished the Story I had no desire to switch it on again.

Its a shame really.

hey ho, back to DUST 514!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTKN0DaxzQ

Though i am kinda jealous that you didn't experience any of the bugs i did. Some of mine were really bad, like. 2500 kills resetting when i almost got to the end. :/

EvilOps
05-07-2013, 05:20 AM
Honestly the person that opened that message you sent probably laughed about it & showed it to their co-workers.

Sorry to hear for your loss of weapon though, with how horrid of a drop rate these weapons are I would be pretty pissed myself.

Probably so. Though on a completely unrelated note, I don't know if this has happened with any of you but I got an email 2 days ago from world of tanks announcing their latest patch.

http://s4.postimg.org/97tmf9cqh/Screen_Shot_2013_05_07_at_7_18_11_AM.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/97tmf9cqh/)

They used the name "Detonate" which is a character I made in Rift on launch. I've never used that name again in ANY other game I've played. I'm curious as if Trion are selling their users emails now? I mean, That was years ago, how else would they get that name and that email?

EvilWaterman
05-07-2013, 05:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGTKN0DaxzQ

Though i am kinda jealous that you didn't experience any of the bugs i did. Some of mine were really bad, like. 2500 kills resetting when i almost got to the end. :/

Hi,

I absolutely believe that there are many bugs with this, I was just fortunate not to experience them.

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Hi,

I absolutely believe that there are many bugs with this, I was just fortunate not to experience them.

Ah sorry i didn't mean to insinuate that you didn't believe there was. Im actually glad you didn't. The whole you tube was to others that didn't believe the game got boring after the story was done, yet haven't reached that point yet. :p

Trust me, im right there with ya :p

ANTIDEAD
05-07-2013, 05:31 AM
Your response to the support guy is just childish. His reply to you is polite, while you respond with nothing but sarcasm.

And I for one am sick to death of seeing these melodramatic topics on this forum. If you want to quit? Then just go, and please get over yourself.

N3gativeCr33p
05-07-2013, 05:47 AM
And I for one am sick to death of seeing these melodramatic topics on this forum. If you want to quit? Then just go, and please get over yourself.

It's a way of life on MMO forums.

UncleArkie
05-07-2013, 05:49 AM
Your response to the support guy is just childish. His reply to you is polite, while you respond with nothing but sarcasm.

I completely agree there, the whole "I paid money for something, got it and the thing was a tiny bit off so now I'm gonna sit here and scream" it's a bit like finishing a meal at a restaurant, having seconds and then complaining.

EvilOps
05-07-2013, 07:11 AM
I completely agree there, the whole "I paid money for something, got it and the thing was a tiny bit off so now I'm gonna sit here and scream" it's a bit like finishing a meal at a restaurant, having seconds and then complaining.

A tiny bit off? You and I have different definitions of that I believe. Also, the assertion of the dollar amount spent was a "good-faith, I believed in what you're doing and here is proof" Type of thing. Read it as you will, yes I did jab at them, mainly due to a lack of customer service brought on by an unpolished game.

as far as the poster calling that melodramatic... Firstly, he was polite. Wrong in every sense, but polite. Reread the first paragraph and see how many tears it appeared I was shedding as I typed it. Anywho, People will take information it its written form as they like. If explained further by the author doesnt suffice well, then..I guess we cant be facebook friends :)

Garu
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM

I know right, its like buying a car and them forgetting the breaks, its only a little bit of metal, how could someone complain about that being slightly off?

Chainn
05-07-2013, 08:02 AM

Sound like to me that you lied to the support staff and you are crying that your trick didnt work. honesty is the best policy. They make the game, they have all the tool to see the truth and your jedi mind tricks dont work on them only money!

Shogo_Yahagi
05-07-2013, 08:20 AM
If there is no limit on the number of times that a bug can occur, there should be no limit on the number of times that the company will fix it. That's just bad policy. The bug is the company's fault, not the customer's.

Not replacing a weapon they can't confirm that the player ever had is somewhat understandable, however.

XGC Cipher
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Delt with that gm before s/he escalates everything to tier 2 so they font need to deal with it

Pyth
05-07-2013, 08:26 AM
On one hand I can sympathize with you because the sheer amount of glitches and the known issues with the salvage matrix...

But on the other hand I know you're lying. Because I'm a human being of average intelligence who knows people will try to get free stuff and lie through their teeth at any given opportunity.

Au revoir, Monsieur.

jking518
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
If you lost what you say you lost, then why didn't it come up in your code? Sounds to me like you might have "misworded" your weapon rarity level and got burned.....just saying.

RegularX
05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
If there is no limit on the number of times that a bug can occur, there should be no limit on the number of times that the company will fix it. That's just bad policy. The bug is the company's fault, not the customer's.

Not replacing a weapon they can't confirm that the player ever had is somewhat understandable, however.

eeeeh, somewhat. This isn't a new bug. They've had time to fix it. I highly doubt the OP is trying a fast one here. If they can't fix the bug, they should at least make sure that their support network can pick up the slack. Just because they can't find it doesn't mean it never existed.

Just assuming the OP never had the weapon and therefore closing the ticket seems like a poor solution. Offering something in return would at least acknowledge that the system is potentially broken and the issue is on their end.

jking518
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
To have a weapon in your possession means the line of code that represents that weapon is tied to the account.

Sargonnax
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM

The better comparison that I have seen working in restaurants is the guy that orders an expensive steak, eats all of it except a tiny corner piece and then demands he not pay for it when he receives the check because the steak was over/undercooked, tasted bad, or some other random stupidity.

jking518
05-07-2013, 08:35 AM
No code means no weapon. Ive got a buddy that tried the same thing. Said he lost something of a higher rarity level than what he lost. Was giving back a legendary but wasnt the one he "said" he lost and he got pissed.....see where im going with this?

Shogo_Yahagi
05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
eeeeh, somewhat. This isn't a new bug. They've had time to fix it. I highly doubt the OP is trying a fast one here. If they can't fix the bug, they should at least make sure that their support network can pick up the slack. Just because they can't find it doesn't mean it never existed.

Just assuming the OP never had the weapon and therefore closing the ticket seems like a poor solution. Offering something in return would at least acknowledge that the system is potentially broken and the issue is on their end.

I agree, that's why I said "somewhat understandable". I can see why you would implement the policy, however: You have been able to confirm that the player has been hit by the bug several times. You have a database that you know has lost data several times, forcing rollbacks. You have repeatedly released patches that failed to deliver what you said they would deliver and created new problems in the process and you have many users who feel like your company doesn't know what it is doing.

If you can't verify that the weapon was lost, you basically have three options: 1) Give a customer the benefit of the doubt and replace the item anyway, 2) let the player know that you are unable to confirm the loss so in this case you can't restore the weapon, apologize, and offer to continue fixing any future losses that you can confirm, or 3) Tell the customer they are out of luck and to stop bothering you.

Of these, number 1 is probably too easy to abuse, but number 3 is by far the worst outcome for the customer and the company. If that's really the policy, I'd strongly suggest rewriting it

Paster of Muppets
05-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Delt with that gm before s/he escalates everything to tier 2 so they font need to deal with it

Just tried to get a refund for the game from him. He seemed to freeze for 10 minutes every time to think about answers. He probably was hoping I'd get bored and forget about my money.

Tyrannos
05-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Defiance community. EvilOps, we're closing this thread now but we wish you the very best.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!