PDA

View Full Version : wheres a ******* update?

Warlander
05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Seriously its been to long since the last update, still no propper fixes, my guild has all moved on to neverwinter, but yet im still here because i keep hoping any day now something will change.

even im logging into neverwinter off and on now....get your **** together and at least update us.

Lindrei
05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Getting angry at the interweb is not going to solve anything.

ArcHunterXxPattakxX
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Hope they have new content on the next patch I can't wait

podda
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
dont you just love the drama queens, was almost a "i quit" post.

AddictedNoob
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
It is boring without new content, I must have beaten the story mode about 3-4 times now.

Rumbleskin
05-07-2013, 10:09 AM
I understand his pain. they said small patches would be coming often... that was like 2 weeks ago. Maybe there all on vacation?

podda
05-07-2013, 10:11 AM
did we not just have a dodge weekend?
sorry i'll wake up now

Warlander
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM

sitting by passivley while people leave the game, isnt helping either.
when this game launched 30 of my guild mates from other games were online now there are only me and one other guy that log in some what regularly.

im sure others have similar stories.
*edit phone*

Lonestar1771
05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Weren't we supposed to get an update on when, what, where, and how on the DLC roll out last week?

Facade
05-07-2013, 10:15 AM
sorry i'll wake up now

1 (incredibly buggy) race that lets you buy vehicles that are already available for purchase?

Yay?

MaxSterling
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
AW's have more and more members logging in each day.

Lindrei
05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
sitting by passivley while people leave the game, isnt helping either.
when this game launched 30 of my guild mates from other games, now therea only me and one other guy that log in some what regularly.

im sure others have similar stories.
There's a difference between asking about updates and making an useless angery thread.

Warlander
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM

no there is not, only the angry ones get enough attention to keep the thread bumped long.
nice posts disapear welcome to the internet.

MaSh_MaN94
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM

So are you just waiting for this game too fail?
I prefer people to whinge, cry and complain about this game then too just sit and do nothing. That says too trion they are doing a good job,when in reality.. they're not.

Lindrei
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
And by attention you mean trolled untill closed then yes they do get more attention.

Lindrei
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
I prefer people to whinge, cry and complain about this game then too just sit and do nothing. That says too trion they are doing a good job,when in reality.. they're not.

All I am saying is that the overly angery *****ing and complaining doesn't do us any good.

meppers
http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/welcome-to-the-internet-ill-be-your-guide1.jpeg

Pauhe Gunor
1 (incredibly buggy) race that lets you buy vehicles that are already available for purchase?

Yay?

i never seen any bugs in the race? and you could already buy a modified stat vehicle?

Swampster
05-07-2013, 10:32 AM
i never seen any bugs in the race? and you could already buy a modified stat vehicle?

Lucky you... and yes you could/can...

MaSh_MaN94
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM
All I am saying is that the overly angery *****ing and complaining doesn't do us any good.

It may not do us any good ,but it tells trion that what their doing atm isn't working.

Warlander
05-07-2013, 10:34 AM

those cars were available as vendor specials for 500 scrip i already owned all 3, also many people had the race bug.

Rizaun
05-07-2013, 10:35 AM

You don't have to make angry posts and threaten to quit to provide constructive criticism.

Pauhe Gunor
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Lucky you... and yes you could/can...

so therefore the mod stat vehicles must still be in a vendor as the race vendors have been removed now, what vendor can you buy the mod stat ones at? i would like to buy the other ones :)

Ozzalin
05-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Just got hooked on Neverwinter as well, the more you play that game the better and better it gets.

i tried it since the last closed beta weekend.

Just to compare: 3 weeks both in Defiance and Neverwinter.

Neverwinter: after 3 weeks

-Just got out of the very 1st city, with many suburbs, area to explore, neverending plots storyline and side missions
-Just entered the Forgotten Realms full map to explore for the 1st time.
-lvl 21 out of 60
-All NPCs are voiced over as well, and continuing my storyline, combined with a zillion side stories.
-Didn't have the time to explore yet: Co-op dungeons, Foundry player driven storylines, Special Events, Skirmishes and PVP.
I will probably have time to to all that, but later in the game, at least next month or so.
-Barely just started to experiment with the companion system and the crafting system link to the Gateway system.
-Went on working on my rune fusion system, going well. And practicing my skills as the new combat system is amazing, just like in Defiance with a reticule, point and shoot real time, well done.
-Took a look at the micro store, zillions of items of all kinds already there. Vast choices.
-Took me about half an hour to created my 1st character as i had to choose from a lot of options + stats, + race + class + starting story and city, Biography and choosing a god.
-Started to look into the God Invocation system and the rewards that goes with it.
-Zillions of my friends are all there, and we are having a total blast!
-There is also a lot of other features i haven't even checked out yet, including the Seal system, the Grand Bazaar, the Exchange and the huge Auction house.
-The updates are coming in every single day, bugs are fixed right away, and new content being added already.
-Devs are cool, and talking to us everyday on the Forums and even implemented suggestions.
-In other words, after 3 weeks in Neverwinter, the game hasn't even started yet to kick in in full potential, and i am just starting to have fun with it, there is so much to explore, so many crazy stories, so many systems, so many features, that i feel lost sometimes, and that's the way i like it in any MMOs.

Defiance: 4 weeks in.

-Done the full storyline twice.
-Done with side missions
-Did pursuits until i was sick and bored out of my mind.
-Did so many of the same arkfalls, that i don't want to hear about them for at least a year.
-Bought most of the outfits i wanted in the store, to find out they were in game as rewards...
-Nothing else to buy in the store.
-My friends are mostly all gone already.
-Devs are almost silent here.
-Almost no new updates.
-Waiting for more content...

Again this is not to make any publicity, this simply to show you HOW DIFFERENT 2 MMOs can be, it is day and night, as regarding content, with same amount of time spent in both games.
One with so many content that it's almost overwhelming, the other feels empty, with nothing more to do.

I do not believe that it is game related, it is simply a matter of how the devs see their own game.
Some will put all their devotions, their love, and their efforts day after day, relentlessly and will never stop working on it fixing everything right away, talking to the players everyday, listening to them, and making them very happy, telling them what's going on, and what is coming. Once you have a team like that, that will release a fully polished game with tons of content at launch for players to have months and months of fun, then you have a real complete MMO.

Others won't do that, plain and simple.

Miserere
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM

The race was rather buggy. Sometimes when you attempted to go through the first ring, it wouldn't load. Another time when you redid the race, it would kick you out of the vehicle before you would start. And then the most annoying was when the counter would random add seconds to the race.

Swampster
05-07-2013, 10:37 AM
so therefore the mod stat vehicles must still be in a vendor as the race vendors have been removed now, what vendor can you buy the mod stat ones at? i would like to buy the other ones :)

Any vendor.. they're rare random specials.. can be bought for 500 scrip

Cuddle
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Just got hooked on Neverwinter...
And practicing my skills as the new combat system is amazing, just like in Defiance with a reticule, point and shoot real time, well done.

Just invalidated your whole post. The combat is nothing like Defiance btw. Waiting until an enemy is under and in range of your crosshair/dot thing to actually do anything is not at all like Defiance or even Tera. It's a modified single target tab targeting system that doesn't allow you any action without a proper target in range. Sure you click a mouse button, but it requires something to be in range and in your crosshair, how this is equated to a free fire/spell situation I cannot comprehend.

Ozzalin
05-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Just invalidated your whole post. The combat is nothing like Defiance btw. Waiting until an enemy is under and in range of your crosshair/dot thing to actually do anything is not at all like Defiance or even Tera. It's a modified single target tab targeting system that doesn't allow you any action without a proper target in range. Sure you click a mouse button, but it requires something to be in range and in your crosshair, how this is equated to a free fire/spell situation I cannot comprehend.

Yes it is, as it is NOT at all like any traditional MMORPGs, which are TAB and Target.
Neverwinter uses the same concept as in Defiance, you have a reticule that you are moving with your Mouse-Camera, and you are targeting the mobs with it, it uses the basic system as you can find in let's say: Skyrim, left mouse and right mouse action, with a target reticule on your screen and not the usual "skill bars" that is non existent in Neverwinter.
Instead you use your keys like Q, E, R etc combined with the mouse in real time action combat instead of mashing your skills in a bar like all traditional ones.

Pyth
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sg017lt.gif

Warlander
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
well this isnt about neverwinter its about defiance ,although as someone who hates cryptic they have made a decent game, certainly a much more solid launch.
but i want info on defiance they should have never made this game cross platform,.

Ozzalin
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
well this isnt about neverwinter its about defiance ,although as someone who hates cryptic they have made a decent game, certainly a much more solid launch.
but i want info on defiance they should have never made this game cross platform,.

Certainly true right here. I wasn't a big fan of Cryptic games as well.
Although, this is PerfectWorld + Cryptic + Wizards of the Coast implementing some of R.A Salvatore's stories.
Probably why its ten times better.

Facade
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sg017lt.gif

I hated that show with such a passion, yet for some reason kinda enjoyed Tom goes to the mayor.

MaSh_MaN94
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
You don't have to make angry posts and threaten to quit to provide constructive criticism.

In trions case,we do.

Clarkeh
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Trion is bringing content to the game so they have that base covered BUT said content is just a re-hash of content already in the game thats just been disabled or moved somewhere else, The Elemental Hellbugs are a nice start i'll give Trion that cookie and supposedly we'll be having more stuff in relation to Hellbugs this entire month but what the playerbase EXPECTED was something like Episodic content from the start of the game to make us feel like we are in the world of Defiance.

What we are getting instead is "Fluff" basiclly a bandage to tide us over until the actual content can be released to us via the show think of it like this until a key episode airs or a certain amount of time has passed Trion's hands are then untied and add more content but its not going to be MASSIVE content, Unfortunately the players like myself who started playing day one we are always going to be far ahead of the content thats available, two to three months down the line Trions content will feel fleshed out to a new starter to the game but for the people who are in with the bricks its going to be a constant waiting game.

3rdpig
05-07-2013, 11:07 AM
OP you need to cuss and threaten more, I hear that's all they listen to. Go ahead, we've got your back. Seriously, we're right behind you.

Facade
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Question, are the elemental Hellbugs going to stay or are they going to remove them? I at least am enjoying that part and will be sad if it just goes back to hoards of the exact same enemies.

Clarkeh
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Question, are the elemental Hellbugs going to stay or are they going to remove them? I at least am enjoying that part and will be sad if it just goes back to hoards of the exact same enemies.

I think they will be removed as its an Event as such and not added perma content.

Warlander
05-07-2013, 11:24 AM
OP you need to cuss and threaten more, I hear that's all they listen to. Go ahead, we've got your back. Seriously, we're right behind you.

actually typing out stars like **** is not swearing , if you happen to read that i apologize for misleading you. :D

Facade
05-07-2013, 11:26 AM
i think they will be removed as its an event as such and not added perma content.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

loops73
05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
sorry i'll wake up now

yeah,alot of fun that was,we were supposed to get a major patch last week,with dlc coming next week.Now there is no ETA on either of those things. Trion needs to get their act together before the playerbase completely dies.I really like this game,but I am getting bored of the same content as well.

Justin CarMichael
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3uae77/

exxcess
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Need some action by Trion, not just sorry's and regurgitation of our feedback, not just recycled content of the same things you do since the start.

Remember the Defiance motto: Lower your expectations

Justin CarMichael
05-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Need some action by Trion, not just sorry's and regurgitation of our feedback, not just recycled content of the same things you do since the start.

Remember the Defiance motto: Lower your expectations

I thought the motto was ... "Just stop playing for a few months, things might be better when you come back."

Or...

"Trion: Where Baby stays in the corner because we put her there."

Or how about...

"Trion: Where Baby is staying in the corner because the dance floor we built is so bugged we haven't been able to actually start the dance because we're too busy trying to fix things."