PDA

View Full Version : I have been logged in to the game for x Days

Calypso Atlas
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Today I learned there is no auto log out timer, I am not sure how I feel about this. So far after the 5am restart I have been logged into the game, today is also my birthday so I have been out and about doing things, which to my surprise I came home and I am still logged into the game just afking it.

How does this affect the game servers for a person or persons to be logged into a game for so long?

Cutlass Jack
05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm sure it has no particular effect. But Happy Birthday!

Calypso Atlas
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm sure it has no particular effect. But Happy Birthday!
Thanks!

I wasn't sure because any other MMO I have played has a log out timer for after x amount of minutes AFK it kicks you off the game.

Soobydoo
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I wonder if you could:

1. go AFK near a popular mission
2. Collect free exp, rewards
3. ????
4. Profit

Pauhe Gunor
05-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I have never come across any form of lag in game yet so it must not be effecting the servers ;)

p.s Happy Birthday

MaxSterling
05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I assume that there is a number of slots on each server. You'd be taking up one of those slots. Also anytime you're near other active players, your player data will most likely be shared, thus using up some unnecessary bandwidth.

crasher
05-07-2013, 10:19 AM
So how do you stay logged in while they're rebooting the servers?

fwiw, I had some particularly bad lag s few days ago (Sunday night?).

It was during a complicated arkfall sequence with all the action, lasted 5-6 minutes. I'm generally happy with the download speed.

Calypso Atlas
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
So how do you stay logged in while they're rebooting the servers?
I stated that I relogged in right after the reboot this morning and have been on ever since.

DuBMaN
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I wonder if you could:

3. ????
4. Profit

yes you can I see people do it all the time.

Calypso Atlas
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I wonder if you could:

3. ????
4. Profit

(Not sure how to double quote yet)
You know I should test this theory out, but I wonder if it would be considered cheating of some sorts .__.

Cutlass Jack
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks!

I wasn't sure because any other MMO I have played has a log out timer for after x amount of minutes AFK it kicks you off the game.

Yup kind of surprised too that there isn't one. SWTOR has a terrible activity detector and tries to bump you if you spend too long without actually moving. You can be kicked for being AFK simply for standing still and chatting or using the broker. Fun times.

DuBMaN
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
(Not sure how to double quote yet)
You know I should test this theory out, but I wonder if it would be considered cheating of some sorts .__.

so before you cross the bridge leaving mt. tam an going towards the ranch theres a hill that on each side events spawn an your safe from dmg. ive seen people there all the time doing nothing. tested it myself, had my gf do the events while I went an had a smoke. pretty lame I think.

crasher
05-07-2013, 10:28 AM
I stated that I relogged in right after the reboot this morning and have been on ever since.

"I have been logged in to the game for x Days "

So "X" = a number preceeded by a '0' and '.' as in '0.x'?