PDA

View Full Version : No love?

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Just bought the game, and came onto the forums expecting to see actual discussion about the game. Things people like, things people dislike, ways it can be made better and such.

Instead all I see is crying and whining from a bunch of spoiled, entitled gamers. Im not really sure if they even deserve to be called gamers, though.

I've seen this plenty of times, but it still annoys me to no end when I see it. The game is barely over a month old and people are already giving up on it, like they did Rift. You know, that solid MMO that is STILL going strong?

Stop complaining, whining, and crying, and actually start focusing on what makes this game fun, why don't ya?

DejaVooDoo
05-07-2013, 11:30 AM
obvious troll is obvious

DuBMaN
05-07-2013, 11:31 AM
youll get no love here...jus name calling

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:32 AM
obvious troll is obvious

Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm actually not trolling. I'm just fed up with the "community" of game-hoppers that play a game for the first month after release, then flood the forums with crying, *****ing, and whining before moving onto the next MMO to ruin.

Pyth
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
This is by far the worst forum I've ever visited. And this is coming from someone who used to frequent BSN (Bioware Social Network).

But I like coming here because it makes me feel better about myself.

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
This is by far the worst forum I've ever visited. And this is coming from someone who used to frequent BSN (Bioware Social Network).

I'm noticing this too.

Btw, I'm from Nebraska too!! =P

Mladenov
05-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Eminem - NO Love! Period! :D

DuBMaN
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM

don't remind me of the BSN...the ME3 forum was full of "nerf" this "nerf" that. the DA ones were ok.

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm actually not trolling. I'm just fed up with the "community" of game-hoppers that play a game for the first month after release, then flood the forums with crying, *****ing, and whining before moving onto the next MMO to ruin.

So, let me get this straight. You are sick and tired of the whiners, so you make a thread that will do nothing more than draw them out in force.

Okay . . .

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/Arbor_Productions/stewie.png (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/Arbor_Productions/media/stewie.png.html)

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:40 AM
So, let me get this straight. You are sick and tired of the whiners, so you make a thread that will do nothing more than draw them out in force.

Okay . . .

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/Arbor_Productions/stewie.png (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/Arbor_Productions/media/stewie.png.html)

Maybe I'm looking for more like-minded people.

Hope499
This forum is filled with little *****es, STRAIGHT UP.

I LOVE constructive critisism...but this place is a mess....

I did see cool people here and there (a few still kickin it) but most rarely visit due to young, ignorant fools that like to complain.

Not discuss....but complain...

Warlander
the fact there is some of us even playing the game is a testament to our patience.

exxcess
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
the fact there is some of us even playing the game is a testament to our patience.

Yup, for everyone else: Lower your expectations

Miserere
http://i.imgur.com/VAp89GY.gif

Arsenic_Touch
Oh look, another ironic whining about whining posts that doesn't provide anything productive and pretty much makes you worse than the very people you are whining about in the first place. Congrats, You are now a special snowflake. Here's a tip, if you don't like what people have to say make use of the forum ignore or just don't read it. Problem solved.

Celashae

How can it be considered "patience" when the game is barely a month old?

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Maybe I'm looking for more like-minded people.

Then you find the threads where people are asking about certain aspects of the game and discussing it. They are there, I could even link them to you if I thought it would matter.

But, instead, you make a thread that will draw your opposite numbers out like months to a flame.

I'm like . . . it defies logic.

Garu
05-07-2013, 11:43 AM
You will be one of the whinners in a few weeks when the new game vibe leaves you.

VonTreece
05-07-2013, 11:44 AM
For every complaint thread, there's a complaint thread complaining about complaint threads.

Thus the MMO forum circle of life.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/extreme_face.gif

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 11:45 AM
You will be one of the whinners in a few weeks when the new game vibe leaves you.

Technically, he's already whining.

Arsenic_Touch

The game came out on the 2nd. Some people were given early access on the pc in the US.
The beta went on long before that + the alpha. The game is essentially the same as the beta client.
Same bugs that were present in the alpha made it into the beta and now in the live game over a month later.
That's how it can be considered "patience" but that would actually require someone to know what they're talking about.

Celashae

I have yet to ever "whine" about a game.

Went through SW:TOR launch and kept my cool, which is saying something. Actually played that up until it went F2P.

Garu
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Went through SW:TOR launch and kept my cool, which is saying something. Actually played that up until it went F2P.

Then your an idiot and this conversation is over lol. God that game had such potential.

Celashae
The game came out on the 2nd. Some people were given early access on the pc in the US.
The beta went on long before that + the alpha. The game is essentially the same as the beta client.
Same bugs that were present in the alpha made it into the beta and now in the live game over a month later.
That's how it can be considered "patience" but that would actually require someone to know what they're talking about.

Beta and Alpha are just that. Beta and Alpha. How about you don't let your past experience as a GAME TESTER cloud your judgement of a released game?

Rasczak

But you whine about the whiners.

This forum is where logic goes to die. You'll fit right in.

Warlander
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM

because ive played 300h and ive played in beta, ive finished all the content weeks ago and progression has been hindered by bug after bug, not only is it one of the buggiest game launches in the last 10 years but also some of the lowest amount of content in a release ever.
tge fact im still here IS a testament to my pacience

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Then your an idiot and this conversation is over lol. God that game had such potential.

Which is why I stuck with it. The whiners/criers did not make it any better, and in turn soiled the community to the point that new players just didn't even try it.

The game was decent, the community was HORRIBLE.

XCL Grindin
05-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I agree, there is allot of complaining in this forum. And this is the 1st forum I've been apart of. I hope most are not this way.

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:50 AM
because ive played 300h and ive played in beta, ive finished all the content weeks ago and progression has been hindered by bug after bug, not only is it one of the buggiest game launches in the last 10 years but also some of the lowest amount of content in a release ever.
tge fact im still here IS a testament to my pacience

GO OUTSIDE.

300h in barely over a month is nearly 10 hours a day.

Garu
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Which is why I stuck with it. The whiners/criers did not make it any better, and in turn soiled the community to the point that new players just didn't even try it.

The game was decent, the community was HORRIBLE.

The leveling and pvp were some of the best i have played but there was no replayability and the end game which my entire guild went to it for was horrid. The hardest thing we had to contend with when raiding was the bugs. But i did max out 3 characters before we all left.

If im honest i never visited their forums simply because of the community on there but the actual ingame community was anything but awsome on my server, the original Illum(spelling?) was great lol before they changed it and changed it and ruined it.

Celashae
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
But you whine about the whiners.

This forum is where logic goes to die. You'll fit right in.

The whiners and criers are what causes a game's community to fall apart and rot from within, and hence the game itself.

Of course I am going to call them out.

Garu
05-07-2013, 11:54 AM
The whiners and criers are what causes a game's community to fall apart and rot from within, and hence the game itself.

I dont agree, i think that when something is as flawed as defiance has turned out to be that people have a right to make other people aware of it by using the forums as a way of communicating their unhappyness. Some people go to far and some people complain about trivial issues, but to them its not a trivial issue. Its why i generally avoid forums, i generally only come here when im downloading something to see how the game is faring as i spent my 150 quid on the game etc and hope that at some point it will improve.

Rasczak

I've been in MMOs for 14 years and would strongly disagree. Lackluster designs, overly buggy code, and a Dev team that has shown an inability to handle a game are the primary culprits.

That is what happened with WAR, with DCUO, with SWTOR, and others. The portions of the community you complain about were an effect of that cause. Does it make how they handled it right? No. But they didn't all appear out of a vacuum, either.

Defiance is suffering the same cause and effect, and the Dev team has brought it on themselves.

Celashae
The leveling and pvp were some of the best i have played but there was no replayability and the end game which my entire guild went to it for was horrid. The hardest thing we had to contend with when raiding was the bugs. But i did max out 3 characters before we all left.

If im honest i never visited their forums simply because of the community on there but the actual ingame community was anything but awsome on my server, the original Illum(spelling?) was great lol before they changed it and changed it and ruined it.

The original Illum was awesome.

And yes, I was referring to the forums. Most new players will check out the forums of a game before they even try it out to see if it is worth their time. Especially in the case of a game like Defiance, where information on the actual in-game activities is VERY limited on their website.

Whining and complaining on the forums about the game is akin to cancer. It can be killed, but the game and its community will go through the wringer first before it gets those cancerous cells out.

kjacks05
I disagree. Bad game design and lack of content causes the game's community to fall apart and rot from within. I'm not saying that is happening to this game, just pointing out that the whiners are a loud vocal minority for most games. Look at WoW, that game has a ton of whiners, yet it just keeps on truckin.

Quatermass
05-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh this forum is nothing compared to the official Minecraft forum.
Now there is a forum of whiny kids.

This forum is just filled with impatient kids.....

Warlander
05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
GO OUTSIDE.

300h in barely over a month is nearly 10 hours a day.

im outside all the time, im outside right now typing on my phone, but my job is easy and i can play while i work.
it has nothing to do with the very small amount of content. there is barely 20h of content, its on par with most sp games not mmo's

VonTreece
05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
The game is essentially the same as the beta client.

This game has been in development since at least August of 2008..
If it took them that long just to release a broken game that's barely out of it's beta stage, then Trion really needs to rethink their dev team.
6 years of development for a game with less than a week's worth of content..

I'm not pissed about it. I know that they'll get their **** together eventually.
I'm just surprised that they released such a broken game when they had so many years and resources to develop and refine it.

Pyth
05-07-2013, 11:57 AM
it has nothing to do with the very small amount of content. there is barely 20h of content, its on par with most sp games not mmo's
And yet you still got 300 hours out of it?

Interesting.

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 11:58 AM
im outside all the time, im outside right now typing on my phone, but my job is easy and i can play while i work.

I agree, a mere 25 hours /played and every side mission and main mission was completed. All that's left is grinding useless emergencies, grinding Arkfalls for lottery tickets, Co-ops that even this first time shooter player can nod off during and complete (very little replay value), the hack-fest PvP on the PC side, or console-esque Rampage survival trials, or solo time-trial vehicles obstacle courses (aka single player Pole Position).

Pace122004
05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
I dont agree, i think that when something is as flawed as defiance has turned out to be that people have a right to make other people aware of it by using the forums as a way of communicating their unhappyness. Some people go to far and some people complain about trivial issues, but to them its not a trivial issue. Its why i generally avoid forums, i generally only come here when im downloading something to see how the game is faring as i spent my 150 quid on the game etc and hope that at some point it will improve.

I agree, how do you define whining, the OP was a whine by definition...

Garu
05-07-2013, 12:00 PM

Interesting.

He is probably a completist like myself, there is generally around 20h of mission content in defiance alot less if you only do the main missions. But bioshock for instance is about the same yet i have put about 150+ hours into it. Most MMO's (if not all?) have some reason to grind and waste hours of your time, defiance doesnt have this so the people that normally would put 1000 hours into an mmo find themselves putting 300 hours in when with more actual worthwhile content we would all be happy.

MacDeath
05-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I agree, there is allot of complaining in this forum. And this is the 1st forum I've been apart of. I hope most are not this way.
Sadly, IMO, many are MUCH worse. People who enjoy the game rarely come to the forums (except for forum junkies like me). Some people who don't like the game just stop playing. But, a LOT of people who don't like the game stink up the forums.

Zertael
05-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Interesting.

That's how these things go. People play more hours a day than the coders even work, then wonder why they overtake the content. Also, I'm on day 3 and it's going to take me way more than 20 hours. I guess if you rush the main storyline, yeah, it's pretty short. I have all kinds of events, arkfalls, side missions, and coop going on though.

Garu
05-07-2013, 12:06 PM
That's how these things go. People play more hours a day than the coders even work, then wonder why they overtake the content. Also, I'm on day 3 and it's going to take me way more than 20 hours. I guess if you rush the main storyline, yeah, it's pretty short. I have all kinds of events, arkfalls, side missions, and coop going on though.

Game has been in development since 2008 so 4/5 years ill say 4 so 4 x 52 = 208 weeks. most people work 37 hours a week so 37 x 208 = 7696 hours the coders have been working on it. So ur argument is flawed. If my maths is wrong someone correct me :)

MacDeath
05-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Game has been in development since 2008 so 4/5 years ill say 4 so 4 x 52 = 208 weeks. most people work 37 hours a week so 37 x 208 = 7696 hours the coders have been working on it. So ur argument is flawed. If my maths is wrong someone correct me :)
Maybe where YOU live people only work 37 hours per week. I don't think I EVER worked less that 50 hours per week in all my years in the Valley and during crunch time it was typically 12+ hours per day x 7 days per week.

exxcess
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
They have had plenty of time to generate loads of content for us, yet we have casual players finishing everything within a week and nothing left but grinds of rehashed content (including show tie-ins)

Some players might argue they are waiting for a keypoint within the series to release new map regions and enemies. However, going into week 5 now of the series game has been out approximately 7 weeks so that perspective seems bleak at best.

Chemikz
This forum deserves purging. It's plagued by a small group of very clever trolls who don't even own the game, or play it anymore, that start flame-wars. I'll not name any names but it's pretty obvious who they are once you speak to them a few times. They're always in the same sort of threads spouting the same things worded differently.

They should make it so only an active game account can comment here, but others can still view. For the greater good!

Arsenic_Touch
Beta and Alpha are just that. Beta and Alpha. How about you don't let your past experience as a GAME TESTER cloud your judgement of a released game?

Do tell me how I should judge the game when it's nearly indistinguishable from the beta, just more map unlocked? Evidently your opinion is the only one that counts here so tell me how I should judge this game? should I wait 2 months for the same issues from alpha and beta to be removed? three months? 4 months? is there a cut off?

Rasczak
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM

Most programers in the Video Game Industry put in an average of 50 hours a week, and easily 70-80 in the last year of develeopment. I have two close friends (who also publish table top RPGs) who work in video games:

Chris Pramas: Former Creative Director for Pirates of the Burning Sea MMO

Shane Hensley: Former dev on City of Heroes, Executive Producer on Neverwinter until Atari sold Cryptic, recently worked with Petroglyph on their portion of End of Nations before Trion brought all remaining development in house. He also owned Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, which was developing the Stargate Worlds MMO before the economy fell apart around 2008 and he closed down.

Developers work a ton of hours.

Tyrannos
05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.
Thank you!