PDA

View Full Version : Scopes, can someone really explain?

Quilliam
05-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Ok I think I am trying to understand scopes, so please explain if I am right or wrong. Since there is zero documentation on this this is my guess work based of forums and in game. I could be completely wrong so hopefully someone who does know can answer.

1. Most scopes have - accuracy despite being - the - is a good thing. I guess.

2. One scope has + accuracy but x1.something hip accuracy (think is called stabilization scope) this would be bad for any gun that you want to actually look through the scope for, but better for on the hip firing weapons.

Is this correct?

Clarkeh
05-07-2013, 02:18 PM
I'll help you with this man, scopes are bugged right now, when it says +accuracy its actually minus accuracy so try to avoid using them for now on any weapons.

Omnifarious Xji
05-07-2013, 02:32 PM
See my sig below. They are currently bugged, and the fix has only been implemented in tool tip form, and not actual game mechanic form.

Quilliam
05-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Does this include scopes that come pre attached to a weapon like in the heavy assault carbine?

A s0t
05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
when you put on a scope you lose 3rd person view does your shot gun need to be a sniper rifle no it does not

Vitocorleownage
05-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't think scopes that come pre-attached are affected at all, just the scope mods that modify accuracy.
I use that particular gun often and find it to be quite effective, kinda like the DMR from Halo.

Chaos 915
05-07-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure when but the scopes now have negative accuracy mods(good), so they may have been fixed.

Glacian
05-07-2013, 07:40 PM
They need to redesign the graphics on some of them too, they let the artists get too carried away making scopes that totally obscure your vision. A scope that's completely filled with lines and blue tint might look neat, but its not very functional.

RegularX
05-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure when but the scopes now have negative accuracy mods(good), so they may have been fixed.

I swear by the scopes on my AR and Sniper Rifle, tbh.

Quilliam
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I swear by the scopes on my AR and Sniper Rifle, tbh.

Pre attached scopes or mods?

LJ Eden
05-07-2013, 09:56 PM
when you put on a scope you lose 3rd person view does your shot gun need to be a sniper rifle no it does not

Primary reason I stopped putting scopes on weapons other than sniper rifles.

The loss of accuracy and zoom was why I stopped putting them on snipers.