PDA

View Full Version : This sums up Trion's "Support Desk" in a nutshell....

Mattias Nilsson
05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
You guys at Trion like constructive criticism, well you have by far, bar none, the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered with any game ever. On Saturday I posted a ticket with an issue I had, past experience had me wait 2 days before expecting someone to drag their knuckles over to a keyboard to check it out and respond, low and behold, nope, no response. So I posted an update on the ticket and immediately got the auto response that ticket volume is higher than usual and I should close my ticket if it was resolved, which it wasn't because no one had bothered to give me an answer at least. So I log on today to check and see if there has been a response yet. And what do I find? Well a picture speaks a thousand words.....
http://i40.tinypic.com/mj225t.jpg

.... A thousand words, and all of them filled with contempt.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Thinning the Herd is the name of an emergency, a pursuit, and a weekly contract that has not yet been released. Giving them all the same name was not good planning, IMHO, especially since the one you need is not yet in the game.

The contract is due to be released after the Most Wanted contest ends (IIRC, on the 13th).

Arsenic_Touch
05-07-2013, 02:54 PM
That's actually a bug with their help desk window. Or so it was said.
That's not the actual response, but for some reason it puts random letters in the response box.

The pursuit hasn't been added to the game yet (the one you're talking about) they said it won't be added until after the most wanted grind contest ends.

Mattias Nilsson
05-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Thinning the Herd is the name of an emergency, a pursuit, and a weekly contract that has not yet been released. Giving them all the same name was not good planning, IMHO, especially since the one you need is not yet in the game.

The contract is due to be released after the Most Wanted contest ends (IIRC, on the 13th).
Good to know, Thanks, I just wish instead of a smart *** comment by a support member in between stuffing his face with Cheetos, he could have given me a straight answer.

ryzo
05-07-2013, 02:59 PM
You guys at Trion like constructive criticism, well you have by far, bar none, the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered with any game ever. On Saturday I posted a ticket with an issue I had, past experience had me wait 2 days before expecting someone to drag their knuckles over to a keyboard to check it out and respond, low and behold, nope, no response. So I posted an update on the ticket and immediately got the auto response that ticket volume is higher than usual and I should close my ticket if it was resolved, which it wasn't because no one had bothered to give me an answer at least. So I log on today to check and see if there has been a response yet. And what do I find? Well a picture speaks a thousand words.....

believe it or not mate that's not a reply lmao happens everytime I send a ticket on the in gae sapport desk if u edit it u randomly get 3 letters pop up there just so happens urs sayswhy rather funny though looks like a troll but I have had a lot better luck with the webpage tickets n also if u have any pursuits reset on u they will forward it onto ur account not a kiss *** but they are good that way

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 03:02 PM
That's actually a bug with their help desk window. Or so it was said.
That's not the actual response, but for some reason it puts random letters in the response box.

The pursuit hasn't been added to the game yet (the one you're talking about) they said it won't be added until after the most wanted grind contest ends.

Wait wait wait.. they even have bugs with thier help desk? XD That makes me chuckle for some reason.

Anderson
05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry, but I've been laughing for like 5 minutes straight at this.

The game just so trolled you.

Arsenic_Touch
05-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Wait wait wait.. they even have bugs with thier help desk? XD That makes me chuckle for some reason.

When you put in a ticket, it will sometimes completely delete all of your ticket and replace it with random letters.
And when you send one in and it's still open, it will show some random letters as a response though they haven't replied yet.

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM
When you put in a ticket, it will sometimes completely delete all of your ticket and replace it with random letters.
And when you send one in and it's still open, it will show some random letters as a response though they haven't replied yet.

Oh i know i get it, and i belive you, i am just rolling over and dying laughing inside at the irony. XD

Moose Of Woe
05-07-2013, 03:05 PM

........Why?

Clarkeh
05-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I had 3 tickets open for a week i decided to go through thier main support webpage instead of in-game and i got an answer and a solution within 24 hours.

Kiserai
05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
If you think about it, the ongoing bugs with the support functions DO sum things up pretty well.

JugsOfHolyness
05-07-2013, 03:19 PM
My copy of Defiance is currently 43 mins away from finishing patching...

Is this what I'm supposed to expect from this game in 43 mins? I've already heard that this game is buggy as hell, so why did you guys (Trion) not have a 6 month open beta first, THEN release the game?

Yes, I realize no game in existence has a 6 month open beta, but are us customers just pieces of crap to you who don't deserve a (almost) bug-free game?

But hey, I haven't even logged ingame yet, maybe I'll be that one lucky person who won't encounter a single bug.

Clarkeh
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM

Is this what I'm supposed to expect from this game in 43 mins? I've already heard that this game is buggy as hell, so why did you guys (Trion) not have a 6 month open beta first, THEN release the game?

Yes, I realize no game in existence has a 6 month open beta, but are us customers just pieces of crap to you who don't deserve a (almost) bug-free game?

But hey, I haven't even logged ingame yet, maybe I'll be that one lucky person who won't encounter a single bug.

You will encounter bugs but it sounds like you have been watching too many biased reviews or reading too many troll threads and have already formed a negative opinion. Your best bet is to go in and just play the game.

Cortechs
05-07-2013, 03:22 PM

I put in a ticket and got a response within a couple days. They also emailed a copy of their response and my original ticket.

Archeus9
05-07-2013, 03:29 PM
You will encounter bugs but it sounds like you have been watching too many biased reviews or reading too many troll threads and have already formed a negative opinion. Your best bet is to go in and just play the game.

I agree with most of what Clarkeh said. Definitely. Still.. go play the game. It is fun for many, at the very least, up to the point of the final boss. Its worth its box money.

Id suggest waiting on the store though until you finished the game, which wont take you long. To see if you wish to invest any more money in the game.

Oh.. and they are still working on the whole.. " game impacting the show" thing :p

Hope that helps.

OcR Grav
05-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Good to know, Thanks, I just wish instead of a smart *** comment by a support member in between stuffing his face with Cheetos, he could have given me a straight answer.

Oh man! Every time I talk bad about customer support I always call them cheeto eaters!!! I once asked someone to pass me on to the lead cheeto eater.

We should be besties.

Mattias Nilsson
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh man! Every time I talk bad about customer support I always call them cheeto eaters!!! I once asked someone to pass me on to the lead cheeto eater.

We should be besties.

LMAO, great minds think alike they always say. :cool:

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/debugger.png

It can take a website a while to realize it has a problem with its "report a bug" form

RegularX
05-07-2013, 03:50 PM

That might be the worst support desk software in history.

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 03:52 PM
you seem surprised you got this lol im going to have trion refund all my bits and my season pass find a game that works and mods that wont delete your threads cause it makes them look bad

Mods delete threads that turn into pointless flame wars. Not because it makes them look bad. Moderators are here to keep the forums civil.

if you want a place with little moderation go to 4chan

Tokage
05-07-2013, 04:02 PM

If you had bother to use the online chat help they would had told you that "thinning the herd" will be checked off the list in a few day´s. They keep it open until the contest is over.
That is what they told me when i "called" them up.
I understand why you would not use the online support desk, it can take like 1-2h if unlucky to get thru. BUT i got to defend them a little, once you get thru and get live support they are really great and easy to work with.

Arsenic_Touch
05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
That might be the worst support desk software in history.

It's a visual bug. Everything there is still present, you just can't see it.

RegularX
05-07-2013, 04:09 PM
It's a visual bug. Everything there is still present, you just can't see it.

Be that as it may, having a support desk setup that doesn't do exactly what happened to the OP would seem like a pretty low level requirement. "Randomly generated responses" of any kind is a pretty bad idea.