PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I deserved to be banned?

Raico Sansin
05-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Not whining or complaining just want to know your 2cents on the situation. I was answering a thread about someone asking me what to do about getting 0 after an arkfall.
Dear Raico Sansin,

You have received an infraction at Defiance Forums.

Reason: Malicious Advertising or Links
-------
Greetings,

We understand that you may not have been aware, but one of your posts has been removed because it was not in concert with our Code of Conduct. Under our guidelines, comments such as,

Originally Posted by Raico Sansin

yup the bug is don't use cluster grenades. they are glitched and the cause of this problem. also send all your orange equipment to bicoastalcloud7. that's glitched too, don't worry though i'll fix it and send it back to you.
Can be considered malicious links and scamming. You have received an infraction for this behavior and a one week suspension. *
So with the info you see here do you think it was right for them to ban me, and if so why do you think it was right.

Raico Sansin
05-07-2013, 04:14 PM
bump just want to see what everyone thinks.

mbergeron
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
They had the right to ban you because you broke a rule in their Code of Conduct.

Alith
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
I get why they gave you an infraction, but kind of dumb none the less. Oh well such is the way of forums.

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
broke another one for discussing moderation decisions

A s0t
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
its just an infraction don't worry about it, they go away

i got one for a psa
and 2 warnings one for scrip and bits, and one for asking a legit question

MRE
05-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Not whining or complaining just want to know your 2cents on the situation. I was answering a thread about someone asking me what to do about getting 0 after an arkfall.
Dear Raico Sansin,

-------
Greetings,

We understand that you may not have been aware, but one of your posts has been removed because it was not in concert with our Code of Conduct. Under our guidelines, comments such as,

yup the bug is don't use cluster grenades. they are glitched and the cause of this problem. also send all your orange equipment to bicoastalcloud7. that's glitched too, don't worry though i'll fix it and send it back to you.
Can be considered malicious links and scamming. You have received an infraction for this behavior and a one week suspension. *
So with the info you see here do you think it was right for them to ban me, and if so why do you think it was right.

The Orange equipment is glitched, send it to.........................
That sounds like a scam. You do not say how you can 'FIX' it. If I heard or read it I would think someone was up to something dodgy. Scamming someone out of their gear is wrong on any level. Maybe there is something I am missing here?

A s0t
05-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Scamming someone out of their gear is wrong on any level. Maybe there is something I am missing here?

all the "gear" is equally useless

Raico Sansin
05-07-2013, 04:26 PM
The Orange equipment is glitched, send it to.........................
That sounds like a scam. You do not say how you can 'FIX' it. If I heard or read it I would think someone was up to something dodgy. Scamming someone out of their gear is wrong on any level. Maybe there is something I am missing here?
dude it was obviously a joke y'know like say..........the chat option is in this game.

Brock 5amson
05-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Don't worry. You are bound to get some infractions. I've received a few lol.

CaveMan
05-07-2013, 04:42 PM
abcdefghij

A s0t
05-07-2013, 04:45 PM
I received an infraction b/c I exercised my 1st amendment. This is the response i got: Thanks for the email. The First Amendment only applies to government actors. As such, it does not prohibit a private company from enforcing its Terms of Use.

I'm the owner of a private company and I do not have a right to EVER hinder someone from exercising their freedom of speech. And when i demanded a refund on the game and my season pass Trion has nothing to freaking say nor do have they responded to any of my emails. The 1st Amendment does not only apply to government actors it applies to anyone and everyone who lives in the United States. I fought for that right for 4 years and i would love for any member of Trion to personally come and try and take this right or any of my rights from me and I'll show them the scars I have and the pics of my friends who died fighting for those rights.

so you want you the wambulance? or wahburger and french cries? trion is a public corp you have no rights figure it out

Spruence
05-07-2013, 04:53 PM
What I read:

You were trying to scam someone and got caught. You deserve it.

Omnifarious Xji
05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
If you have to ask, then the answer is yes.

RevJynxed
05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
all the "gear" is equally useless

Oh! In that case it's ok to scam folks! Really dude?

That's your justification? Because that's what it appears to be, justifying the act because, well, it's useless.

Blackwolfe
05-07-2013, 05:47 PM
What I read was a joke, clear as day. If someone would fall for it, they probably deserved it.

jdolden
05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
At least they aren't as bad as Guild wars 2. I got banned for two months because I made a big black toon, named him "nigguh from green mile" and always announced to world chat whenever I would use "steal" lol

Allana
05-07-2013, 06:42 PM
One week is very lenient they could of banned you for much longer even permanent. See this as a light warning and try change your ways as nobody wants to get banned on a game like this.

MagellanD
05-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Yup I do. Period.

iwubbdefiance
05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I dont really agree with that, or at least dont think you should have got banned. Just be careful on what you post.

Talon Swiftshot
05-07-2013, 07:07 PM
also send all your orange equipment to bicoastalcloud7. that's glitched too, don't worry though i'll fix it and send it back to you.

You seriously wrote this? Then yeah, you definitely deserved to be banned.

A lesson learned is a lesson earned, now get back upstairs, and stop talking to these peasants. I didn't raise you to scam (and fail...) or affiliate with chaff.

A s0t
05-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh! In that case it's ok to scam folks! Really dude?

That's your justification? Because that's what it appears to be, justifying the act because, well, it's useless.
want an example my level 20 assault rifle is just as power full as my level 2000 assault rifle my white green blue purple orange flare guns are nerfed just the same and as powerful as each other guns are useless that why people are driving around ark falls i really dont drive around them

sorry i would have posted sooner but i had to get 1000 ark fall kills before it reset

PitBull76
05-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Dear Raico Sansin,

-------
Greetings,

Yes! You most certainly deserved to be banned.

loops73
05-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Dear Raico Sansin,

-------
Greetings,

you should be perma banned from the game in my mind..you tried stealing peoples orange weapons.

loops73
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM
At least they aren't as bad as Guild wars 2. I got banned for two months because I made a big black toon, named him "nigguh from green mile" and always announced to world chat whenever I would use "steal" lol

rofl..I made a priest in WoW named pediphile,and was banned for 2 weeks.

Unsent Soul
05-07-2013, 09:11 PM
rofl..I made a priest in WoW named pediphile,and was banned for 2 weeks.

I don't know what's more funny.., the nigguh or the pediphile....

BunkeredSphinx
05-08-2013, 12:56 AM
bump just want to see what everyone thinks.

do I say ok reporting again lol.
some people are dumb and do not know how to take a joke.

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 04:22 AM
The problem with OP's "joke" is that this type of joke is almost impossible to make seem funny in writing. It's like sarcasm, you can't really convey sarcasm in writing, even though a lot of people try and just end up confusing everyone. And calling your "joke" a joke could also be seen as a way to dodge blame for a scam, which is of course why you got banned. It's like sending out phishing emails and when you get cought you just say " oh no, I was just kidding".

NateTheGr8
05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
You asked someone to send you all of their rarest equipment. What did you think was going to happen?