PDA

View Full Version : driving / time trial bugs?

cypheon
05-07-2013, 04:09 PM
i've been noticing something today and last night...

when driving, whether open world, or, more maddeningly, doing time trials, my vehicle, without hitting anything on the screen (or even playing the impact sound effect)... does a complete 180... i expect this in wonky video game physics that every video game has, if i was airborne, but.. driving across the ground, in different runners and rollers.. and they all do it, at random, when the ground appears to be completely flat and free of any object that may trigger such a spin out.

as the time trials are the only things left for my san fran pursuits, this is proving insanely frustrating. has anyone else been having an issue with driving in san fran this past week?

Whippersnapper
05-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I have yet to do a 180. What annoys me is the random spawns' solid objects that appear right on your path causing you to crash into them and lose valuable time.

cypheon
05-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I have yet to do a 180. What annoys me is the random spawns' solid objects that appear right on your path causing you to crash into them and lose valuable time.

it could be simply not rendering emergency objects fast enough, but usually when that's the case i can still hear the impact.. :(

Inde
05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
i've been noticing something today and last night...

when driving, whether open world, or, more maddeningly, doing time trials, my vehicle, without hitting anything on the screen (or even playing the impact sound effect)... does a complete 180...

I have one last time trial (Wastelands) to complete on my alt, having completed the other 2 today after finally arriving in SF. I haven't had my vehicle spin in the opposite direction but am experiencing unusual perspective switches. Like, you're driving along and suddenly your point of view switches behind you, or you only see the top of your head and nothing in front of you. There are also moments when the ground "lurches" under you (as if an explosion) and your vehicle skitters off course. This can happen on even terrain, where there are no obvious obstacles in you path. I must have run each of the races I did manage to get gold in a good 20+ times, even though it took my main far fewer tries. Something has changed since the weekend, and I'm not sure what.

Wasteland is a waste of time at the moment. I had a few clean runs but the timer added 3+ seconds so I missed gold. Then Dark Matter decided to take up residence at the bottom of the first hill, with their vehicles, sand bags, and other assorted trash to litter the path between both circles. You can't even clip the first one and drive around the obstacles, because the circle is snug up against a pile of sand bags. I've cleared the emergency several times and manage to get one lap in, but by the time I return for lap 2 they're back in full force. No idea what the dev who came up with this particular race was smoking, but I'd like to see him complete the race and get a gold under the scenarios we're forced to contend with.

cypheon
05-07-2013, 09:31 PM
so its not just me getting random glitches down here... may have to go back north and see if it's happening in other races as well soon.

i just want the outfit... and given the "difficulty" of side missions... the time trials and their glitches are the only things really in my way.. *sob*

theyeti
05-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Only problem I'm having with races (besides the normal emergencies spawning ontop of me/already there, hitting some object and flying, hitting a mob and my car exploding, hitting something that looks driveoverable but turns out stops u dead and all the other fun ****) is that every time I start a time trial I have to drive through the first ring, then back up and through it again or it won't register. This adds at least 3-5 seconds on to my time, plus the 3-5 seconds that is ALWAYS added on..... And I know its not just me, I saw a bunch of people having to do this on the challanger speed ride this past weekend.

oh I forgot to say, YES, I have been turned 180 for no reason whatsoever. I think (total guess) it might be dark matter snipers, as when I get shot by them outside of my car they turn me in random *** directions. And since you said this happens only in san fran, and I can only remember it happening to me in san fran, then that is my best guess. (But I think it is something else as I remember it happening in wide open barren terran, you know, like all of san fran......)

cypheon
05-07-2013, 11:00 PM
i've noticed that one... and i've noticed that if abandon vehicle to restart (say... hit a slope just a tad fast and automatically lose too much time correcting to hope for gold)... i get my 3 second count down.. and then i have to wait another 3 seconds for my vehicle to spawn.. then have to do the "drive through 2 times while waving a chicken" thing... and then i can actually start the race... almost 15 seconds in. every single time i re-start by way of hopping off the car...

*sigh* i may never get my black pants with red stripes...

Inde
05-08-2013, 05:11 AM
*sigh* i may never get my black pants with red stripes...
I don't see an outfit for completing the time trials, just a title and black dodge.