PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry beta is is horrible!

iamFETT
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
I am not one to normally slam a game during beta but I have to say this is the worst beta I have played in a long long time and with the game release just around the corner I'm worried about the game.

First off right now the lag in this game makes it unplayable. While I know they are going to be fixing the server problems right now there is no reason to even try to play.

Secondly the graphics. Dont get me wrong if this was a xbox release title it would look good but since we are at the end of the cycle of the xbox life cycle this game is really ugly compared to anything else you can get. It was one of the first things I noticed. The game looks like something I would be playing in the Wii.

Lastly I am not far into the game but the missions are boring just run here and kill X amount of guys type deal which is just not fun. Maybe when you get into the game further it might pick up but right early game I have no interest in playing.

I know people are going to say its a beta but fact of the matter is this game is facing some major issues with the release just right around the corner. If there is not alot of work done to this game by the time it releases this game is just going to be a waste of money.

I will wait for a few days to try again but right now I am no were near impressed. There are plently of other great MMO games its competiting against including Planet Side 2 and Firefall which are light years ahead of this game, and while they may not be on the console this game has nothing that makes me want to play it on the console.

deltaman42
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
no one forcing u to play the beta or buy the final game.....

littlejay
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Lag is part of the beta. It's there to help them test the servers, not give you a demo that is just like the full game.

duction
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
thank you... come again

ironhands
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
planetside 2 and firefall are very different, and also PC games........

ItISLupus
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
yeah, better graphics does not a good game make.

Also, the lag is from the massive amounts of players and the bare minimum servers they had running. it's gotten better(a little bit) and people are still having issues logging in

IGears
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
I am not one to normally slam a game during beta but I have to say this is the worst beta I have played in a long long time and with the game release just around the corner I'm worried about the game.

First off right now the lag in this game makes it unplayable. While I know they are going to be fixing the server problems right now there is no reason to even try to play.

Secondly the graphics. Dont get me wrong if this was a xbox release title it would look good but since we are at the end of the cycle of the xbox life cycle this game is really ugly compared to anything else you can get. It was one of the first things I noticed. The game looks like something I would be playing in the Wii.

Lastly I am not far into the game but the missions are boring just run here and kill X amount of guys type deal which is just not fun. Maybe when you get into the game further it might pick up but right early game I have no interest in playing.

I know people are going to say its a beta but fact of the matter is this game is facing some major issues with the release just right around the corner. If there is not alot of work done to this game by the time it releases this game is just going to be a waste of money.

I will wait for a few days to try again but right now I am no were near impressed. There are plently of other great MMO games its competiting against including Planet Side 2 and Firefall which are light years ahead of this game, and while they may not be on the console this game has nothing that makes me want to play it on the console.

so a build that is 4 months old... playing a game that took 5 years to develop.. and everyone is logging on at the same time...and you are complain about the graphics for a MMO on the Xbox 360. do you know the Xbox has a quarter of the Ram that a typical PC has? and you want to compare this to a PC only games.... just stop go play something else then let someone who cares about the game play instead of wasting a beta key on you

Bdtry
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM

That is the whole point of a BETA, to get problems like this figured out and solved. Since it didnt happen on PS3 (I played it) I am guessing it is an Xbox issue.

Obviously you failed to read where it was stated that the BETA was submitted MONTHS ago to undergo Sony and M$ testing before being put up and that it is far from what it currently looks like.

Why do people always judge an entire game by the first 10 minutes of content designed to get you used to the game and controls, introduce you to the story?

Yes, it is a beta designed to test things so that they dont break on release. It is several months old and not indicative of the final release.

Then please go play those games. Bye now.

Yoonese
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure how many games you've played before, but the first few missions are usually all those simple little missions to get you in the feel of how you need to do things, and like you said, it'll probably get more interesting ones down the line.

ironhands
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure how many games you've played before, but the first few missions are usually all those simple little missions to get you in the feel of how you need to do things, and like you said, it'll probably get more interesting ones down the line.

That being said, the first 10 minutes and tutorial missions are critical and can really put someone off a game. That being said, don't put down a book because you don't like the first 3 pages, you've still got a lot of beta time to use.

VGxRedemptionx
03-22-2013, 10:53 AM
You must be the thousandth person who hates on a game because graphics, and the fact that you say this game looks like it belongs on an Xbox original is just stupid, have you even played the original Xbox? Compare graphics first before stating something dumb like that.

Second, it's called a STRESS TEST.

Ofcourse there will be latency issues and ofcourse there will be bugs, it's what many mmo games do.

Third, this is not ONLY for the PC so many people who are devoted to console gaming don't have time or money to pay for a gaming computer. That being said, there are alot of people who enjoy rpg games and to have a massive multiplayer online game for console is awesome. The only 2 I can remember is Final Fantasy XI and Phantasy Star Universe. Which PSU is shutdown now sadly and they stopped making FFXI for the Xbox 360 quite some time ago.

And finally, if you haven't gotten far into the game how can you say it's boring? The beginning of many mmo are the EXACT same.
You make a character, do the tut (if there is one) complete a couple of boring quests just to get the feel of the game, then mid-late game it starts to open up. It's a common thing.

To all there own opinion I guess, I just think some people who criticise this game just haven't given it a chance, and to call it out not even 1 hour of being available is just rude.

DestinySeven
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
I absolutely hate when people whine about graphics.. get over it? it doesn't matter. Plus the missions are boring at the beginning, of course they will get harder and more fun later on. And if you don't like the game, simply don't play it.

Luomo
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
@iamFETT
you created an account to cry about it. feel better now?

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Third, this is not ONLY for the PC so many people who are devoted to console gaming don't have time or money to pay for a gaming computer. That being said, there are alot of people who enjoy rpg games and to have a massive multiplayer online game for console is awesome. The only 2 I can remember is Final Fantasy XI and Phantasy Star Universe. Which PSU is shutdown now sadly and they stopped making FFXI for the Xbox 360 quite some
Quick update. Now reservable at gamestop is FFXI complete edition it has the new add-on the game and the other add-on.
Sorry if it sounds stupid lol i dont play FFXI but i do work at gamestop and seen it on the reserve list. Also the new expansion is reservable for those who have ffxi already.
Also the OP just isn't a real gamer if hes going to start complaining about graphics IMO

Mudblood
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
This is a good way to stress test servers. I mean yes it is unplayable but testing servers in beta is the point. I am sure the beta will get better but dont judge the beta which is usually an alpha build to what the actual game will be.

VGxRedemptionx
03-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Quick update. Now reservable at gamestop is FFXI complete edition it has the new add-on the game and the other add-on.
Sorry if it sounds stupid lol i dont play FFXI but i do work at gamestop and seen it on the reserve list. Also the new expansion is reservable for those who have ffxi already.
Also the OP just isn't a real gamer if hes going to start complaining about graphics IMO

Oh that's actually good to know, I remember going down to my local Gamestop about 4 months ago and them telling me they didn't make FFXI for the console anylonger.

Might go down and see if they will sell me a copy haha.

Thanks!

Kaonashi
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
I just don't like the extreme amount of lag, I can't even attempt to play it because everything keeps going invisible lol. I'll try tomorrow or late at night maybe it will clear up some

I work for Gamestop, Square Enix still has FFXI servers up.... the guy must have been a ******.

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Oh that's actually good to know, I remember going down to my local Gamestop about 4 months ago and them telling me they didn't make FFXI for the console anylonger.

Might go down and see if they will sell me a copy haha.

Thanks!
Lol no problem like i said though it was on the reservation list. I cant remember when it will be out but let me see something......
(After 3 minutes and copying a link) http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Final+Fantasy+XI+Ultimate+Collection+Seekers+Editi on here we go!

Chio Raver
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
I just don't like the extreme amount of lag, I can't even attempt to play it because everything keeps going invisible lol. I'll try tomorrow or late at night maybe it will clear up some

I work for Gamestop, Square Enix still has FFXI servers up.... the guy must have been a ******.

Nice to see a fellow employee :D

Danjamate
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Look i get it, its a stress test so lag is expected. I have no problem with how it looks. my main issue though does go back to the lag. idk maybe its just my connection(i haven't had a problem with other mmos), but when i kill people they dont die right away interactions take a sec sometimes much much longer and so on. yes it is the first day completely under stable for the interactions and a sec or two delay but i feel as though this is a bit over kill. also keep in mind the release is right around the conner. every game does this though oh its the first day its the first day. lets be blunt for a sec if this isnt fixed it will fail. a lot of mmos have failed due to this issue. on top of this the game isnt hyped. they do have a strong flowing from the show but you can only lean on that for so long. idk i just feel as though that they should have know it would need the strongest sever out there were talking multi platform here (yes its not all the same) they should have know the numbers would have been very high. its like they say take everything you think it will take and triple it and thats what it will take. if anyone else has thoughts on this or anything i would gladly like to hear them i open to everything and keep in mind this is just how i see it you dont need to see it this way.

Trool
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
atleast you got lag most of use can't get past account login error thats whats putting me off. we got a post about how its fixed and yet pages on pages are posted saying its not.

Aaricane
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM

I will wait for a few days to try again but right now I am no were near impressed. There are plently of other great MMO games its competiting against including Planet Side 2 and Firefall which are light years ahead of this game, and while they may not be on the console this game has nothing that makes me want to play it on the console.Why would people say that the issues are just because it's a beta??

Oh ya that's right........BECAUSE IT IS.

ironhands
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
lag is part of the stress