PDA

View Full Version : Sledge...your community demands a response...pretty please...with a cherry on top...

Killersnake
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Contribution scheme needs to be returned to previous state or fixed in some other manner.

This is now post #3 for me on this topic...and I'm not alone. I have seen various posts, various complaints--some constructive, well mannered...others course and riddled with hatred. I have tried to remain civil and recognize that Trion has a full plate handling the many issues that require their expert attention. However, this problem was not existent at the inception... no, it was created through a patch--a patch which needs to be undone. Of course, I'm talking about the CONTRIBUTION issue.

I will not reiterate all the logical arguments for this matter; they have been stated over and over again by many well meaning and well spoken individuals--but, I would like some response, some tangible proof that our concerns do not go unheard (or read). I know Sledge and others monitor each post, I know they have take the time to review our concerns, so please give us something...even if it's nothing more than "we're reviewing the policy at this time." (I hope we get more specifics like "we'll fix it soon"...but anything more than nothing is something) So, please...pretty please...with a cherry on top (a big delicious red cherry)...is this something you are exploring, working on, or content to leave it alone? Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

A s0t
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
im gonna lol hard when sledgehammer himself closes this thread

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 05:22 PM
*sigh*

Just stop, you are wasting your own time. The reason it was changed was because people would just afk outside an area with the enemies they needed. I'd rather have to work harder than to have to hold somebodies hand.

Mutated Spleen
05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Did you basically just say, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! I'm right, but I'm not going to actually provide any of my reasons."? I'm not trying to be a ******, but it seems like that's what you did. You say you know they monitor all posts, so have faith that the system works. These dudes get paid to read your crap, and if they respond to you, then suddenly every person who personally calls Sledge out in a title is entitled to a personal response. It's bad precedent, and I think you should be happy knowing that our dev team does actually read the crap we post.

Nerotic
05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
It is a little upsetting when the only response we get is a thread being closed. I give it fifteen minutes until the troll level reaches crtical. But could we please see a response from Sledge or similar anyway?

Killersnake
05-07-2013, 05:31 PM
“The most basic way to get someone's attention is this: Break a pattern.”

Blondin
05-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I'd rather have to work harder than to have to hold somebodies hand.
You like be punished like afk ppl?
You like hating other players that could steal your kills rather than playing with teammate?

Killersnake
05-07-2013, 05:35 PM
It is a little upsetting when the only response we get is a thread being closed. I give it fifteen minutes until the troll level reaches crtical. But could we please see a response from Sledge or similar anyway?

I'm imagining a color coded "Troll Level" indicator on the devs computers showing the level of this forum never dropping below the orange "high" level.

Cortechs
05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
You know what's funny? I was looking for skitterlings in an area to kill, and was having a hard time. This was before the change. I saw the contract update, so I knew someone was killing some nearby. I went to see where they spawned, and guess who was killing them? Raiders.

nnja303
05-07-2013, 05:36 PM
It should atleast be if someone in your group/clan does some damage to something then everyone in the group/clan in the area get credit. While in coops you shouldnt have to peg everything before you can start killing stuff especially on the Liberate the Lost contract where you have to run it 4 times to complete the contract as it is. I had to run it 6 times today to complete it.

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 05:42 PM
You like be punished like afk ppl?
You like hating other players that could steal your kills rather than playing with teammate?

No, I like having to work for my living. I used to drag mobs over to people afking in a hostile environment and cloak just to watch them freak when they start getting hit.

If you want reputation. GO WORK FOR IT. Make a name for yourself.

A s0t
05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
No, I like having to work for my living. I used to drag mobs over to people afking in a hostile environment and cloak just to watch them freak when they start getting hit.

If you want reputation. GO WORK FOR IT. Make a name for yourself.
drag a roaming hulker to an arkfall its real fun

if your doing those spire things at diablo you should get credit for them. i just haul *** killing them cause you dont get credit. for in a co-op i use a bmg and hit every one so i get credit for them

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 05:46 PM
It should atleast be if someone in your group/clan does some damage to something then everyone in the group/clan in the area get credit. While in coops you shouldnt have to peg everything before you can start killing stuff especially on the Liberate the Lost contract where you have to run it 4 times to complete the contract as it is. I had to run it 6 times today to complete it.

This I can agree with. As I had said before the change was implemented. friends/group/clan should update equally if you are in the same general area

ItISLupus
05-07-2013, 05:47 PM
drag a roaming hulker to an arkfall its real fun

No I punish those deserving.

Mutated Spleen
05-07-2013, 05:57 PM
“The most basic way to get someone's attention is this: Break a pattern.”

I don't think calling Sledge out is exactly breaking the pattern, bro. It happens on the regular.

SaDiablo
05-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone,

We already have an ongoing discussion about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?49458-Contribution-hotfix-is-destoying-teamwork

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (http://forums.riftgame.com/search.php) (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!