PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Lore questions

Grudgebearer
01-09-2013, 06:02 AM
I've read a lot about the history and lore behind the show / game

I would love to hear what the rest of the forum would like to know.

I'm particularly interested in finding out what has happened to Europe and Asia, and will we see an expansion into these regions. It would be great to see Asian ark hunters with Ark artefacts unavailable in the USA region being written or developed into the lore.

Darktide
01-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Like all American tv shows (save a few) it dos not really matter what happened in the rest of the world.

America is the world.

Titchi
01-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Like all American tv shows (save a few) it dos not really matter what happened in the rest of the world.

America is the world.

'Merica.

However, I agree with the OP. It would be nice to see what has happened to the rest of the world, via news feeds on a TV/Computer screen in a shop in town somewhere in game. Doesn't have to be anythng huge that needs to have a lot of time invested in it, but just clips like what you would see in a news cast or something. Expansions would be cool too to these areas, but who knows maybe things like that are already ingame. I'm interested in following the lore to this game, the entire concept, I think, is a great story in itself.

Grudgebearer
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm sure the loremaster of Defiance has a few pages set aside for the rest of the world

I'm also wondering about possible sports played between humans and aliens, or traditions bought over by the aliens and adopted by humans etc

I'm sure we will see more on the show, and maybe find out more through different portals leading up to release day.

squidgod2000
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM

America is the world.

Because it's cheaper to shoot in your backyard (or Vancouver, to be more specific) than it is to shoot in another hemisphere. It's not ego--it's money.

Titchi
01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
This has got to be the 50th time I've posted this (across various forums):

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31361

It's got the typical ***-covering, but it's their pricing model for launch.

Swag threw this link in a different thread but after reading it a second time now I realize that it pertains a bit to this topic as well. Talks a little bit about the lore and gives you an idea of how Trion wants the show to go with bring us more lore and about the world.