PDA

View Full Version : "real" legendries?

TheRealTFreezy
05-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Are there "real" legendries? Ive gotten plenty of oranges and continue to do so but I have read a couple unreliable sources say that the true legendries are ones with special names, special abilities, and no EGO rating requirement. Just wanting to see if anyone has seen any of these (like the Detu Ara only orange) and if so what was it.

Arsenic_Touch
05-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Orange is just a colour in this game. The only unique guns in this game are the quest rewards and the highest rarity is purple for them.

TheRealTFreezy
05-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Orange is just a colour in this game. The only unique guns in this game are the quest rewards and the highest rarity is purple for them.

orange still matters though. i know it is just a color but ive seen some amazing oranges that end up having some crazy stats that i havent seen close to with a purple or blue

Calypso Atlas
05-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I got a blue quest gun named El Diablo it wasn't worth 2 script to use it so I salvaged it. Specific named ones are not always good.

A s0t
05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
i love el diablo i would never scrap it

TheRealTFreezy
05-08-2013, 03:03 PM
im not saying they are always good. and quality does depend a bit on color but also depends on mod choices, that how you make a gun great.

but saying that, legendries do matter compared to uncommons or epics. ive seen saws with a base mag of 115 because of a bunch of specials that were on it, no mods, just specials that came with it.

an orange "special" gun with its own name, no EGO rating requirement, and some awesome specials would be sweet

Nis085
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
WTB Thunderfury...oh wait...

Chemikz
05-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Did someone say Sulfurus, Hand of Ragnaros!?!?!?////

Sorry. No there aren't any. Legendary items have synergy mod set bonuses added ontop of extra stats. They're not as bad as people whine they are but they aren't exactly what we come to expect from the tag.

thejx4
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I got a blue quest gun named El Diablo it wasn't worth 2 script to use it so I salvaged it. Specific named ones are not always good.

Ridiculous. that's a great gun. Reload time is like a second.

Wabbles
05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
There were "Real" legendaries at one point in time.

aRtFuL
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
orange still matters though. i know it is just a color but ive seen some amazing oranges that end up having some crazy stats that i havent seen close to with a purple or blue

I haven't seen any with "crazy" stats. In most cases it is just 1 more special than purple - no more damage or anything like that.

Some rep vendor purples are arguably even better than getting orange (obviously they have synergy mods being obtainable being one crucial factor)

TheRealTFreezy
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
There were "Real" legendaries at one point in time.

When? /10char

OmniDevil
05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
WTB Thunderfury...oh wait...

HAH! You made my day! Oh how I miss spamming trade chat with that!

Jack Johnson
05-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I haven't gotten a single legendary with a nano effect so far, and I've gotten like 7-8 legendaries. Maximum disappointment, since the best stat of legendaries has been nerfed out of the game.

Nis085
05-08-2013, 06:08 PM
HAH! You made my day! Oh how I miss spamming trade chat with that!

I can put it in the trade box for you, but you won't be able to accept it. Sorry. >_<

IntenseSpirit
05-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Legendaries you say? Ha. There's nothing legendary about them!