PDA

View Full Version : Dogtown Mine: Bullet for a Badman Mission

Zanechilds1992
05-07-2013, 10:03 PM
From the start of the mission i thought it would be very easy to navigate. But i do not like when you go to beat Jackling Joe and you start in such a tight squezzed place where everything is coming at you. This is a mission that i been stuck on for three weeks and i wish they would make it a group, I am so wide eyed at the game that i just want to get past it and knows what is going on with more of the game and not a tree in the middle of the road that i cant pass because im not that good at shooting games and its fun being online with people and doing solo but this bullet for a badman needs to become bigger so you can move around more and not be stuck behind one thing for half the time before you die.

BTW i think your game is awesome but i just want more and cant get that when i can't pass one mission; most of the missions before then i did alone but this one i need HELP? If you turn it into a group mission i will be very thankful or dont cut the room in half and you have more room to run.

Thanks for the guys/girls that read this I Just really need help!

P.S. i did watch multiple walkthroughs and read forums but it DID NOT HELP AT ALL!

BJWyler
05-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Don't feel bad - you are not alone. Extremely frustrating mission here.

Thr0nes
05-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Best advice for this mission is to use cover, and dodge grenades. If your shield goes down, get to cover until it comes back, and make sure you melee attack the smelters so you can hit their backs, which causes them to remove the shied from the boss. Also, it would be great if the allowed respawns in the arena.

Dazz
05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
From the start of the mission i thought it would be very easy to navigate. But i do not like when you go to beat Jackling Joe and you start in such a tight squezzed place where everything is coming at you. This is a mission that i been stuck on for three weeks and i wish they would make it a group, I am so wide eyed at the game that i just want to get past it and knows what is going on with more of the game and not a tree in the middle of the road that i cant pass because im not that good at shooting games and its fun being online with people and doing solo but this bullet for a badman needs to become bigger so you can move around more and not be stuck behind one thing for half the time before you die.

BTW i think your game is awesome but i just want more and cant get that when i can't pass one mission; most of the missions before then i did alone but this one i need HELP? If you turn it into a group mission i will be very thankful or dont cut the room in half and you have more room to run.

P.S. i did watch multiple walkthroughs and read forums but it DID NOT HELP AT ALL!

Sounds like you might be trying to run around too much. You should stay behind cover. Almost nothing comes at you and you only need to move side to side a little bit. Try doing it like I did. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?52198-2nd-time-around-a-whole-lot-easier-with-Jackleg If a particular segment is giving you fits, post it and maybe we can help you with a strategy to get past it.

Zanechilds1992
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Finally got a shield with a 2.3 sec recharge i didn't have to change my weapons or anything only the shield. Finally beat it and it only took me less than a 20 mins to get thru it!!

Dazz
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Finally got a shield with a 2.3 sec recharge i didn't have to change my weapons or anything only the shield. Finally beat it and it only took me less than a 20 mins to get thru it!!

Grats! Yeah, quick shield makes tons of difference in your survivability. Glad you made it through :)

FatDog
05-24-2013, 08:42 PM
This one has been blocking me for two weeks as well. I did not know about the Mele trick against the smelters. I kept trying to wound them to get them to run under Jack but they kept dying. (A very sensitive creature - the smelter).

I will try the duck-and-cover technique.

Random
05-24-2013, 09:05 PM

I consider myself a vet of Jackleg. By vet I mean 4 characters have battled him (My four) .

This is exactly what you MUST do or you will fail pretty bad. Get jackleg to the middle of the fight.
Then circle CLOCKWISE (Counter clockwise and you can get snagged on the cover at times) and all the while use your weapons of choice. Use stealth to chill back for a sec and regain shields if you failed.

I have defeated jack using an infector and spanner this way and every other weapontype there is. It's my best method as I am one of those guys who specifically took much time to learn his pattern (because he's a cheap *** boss).

shadowkin
05-24-2013, 09:29 PM
I chilled in the back left (joe's right) behind a vox and didn't need to even really move. Shoot the flamers as they cone to u and they will run to the thing. that is your opportunity to clear some mattocks (if u een need to sonetimes they just stay by cover and can't even hit u). When he drops down move around so he is always LoSed and pop shots bit watch your right (don't just circle the box bc the mattocks will get los, but go across to the box on the right (joe's left)

shadowkin
05-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Oh also an easy way to hit thw tanks on the flamers is to use a weaker assault rifle and abuse the auto aim, like right click - shoot, and they will snap back, then right click - shoot, and u should end up hitting the tank

Gl

DaMaJaDiZ
05-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Fire grenades on the Smelters. Jack is a cake walk once he comes down.

DaMaJaDiZ
05-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Also, really not being an ***.. or at least not my attempt at being an ***... You can find every way conceivable on how to right the wrongs of the bad man with the search function.

http://forums.defiance.com/search.php?searchid=1158617

fatoldguy
05-24-2013, 10:44 PM
I found a weapon that does the electric damage makes that mission way easier