PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting tired of the lowlifes in the game.

crasher
05-08-2013, 03:48 AM
One example:

Emergency pops up - "Smells Like Victory'.
Yall have seen it, you know whats involved....

I start the mission, everyone around me is AFK, can't/don't want to help out.
I'm running my butt off off leading the Warriors away from the AFKs, turning and sniping the archers, killing the buds and spawn. And damned if 3 times out of 5 while I'm at the other end of the field mopping up the last of the warriors I don't see some lowlife bastage running out of the field after collecting the pheromone.

And I can't tell you how many times a 'group' has left me behind trapped in a bad spot, or needing a rez, but they hop on their scooters and motor off.

It almost makes me want to play FPS's alone again. And I'm getting tired of helping out knowing those are the people I'm helping some of the time.

Multigun
05-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Ya happened to me last week. Luckily I am usually with my clan mates instead. But the one time I choose to go solo, somebody is enjoying collecting the pheromones while I am fighting 10,000 hellbugs for him.

gtr
05-08-2013, 04:13 AM
just dont help them

Skydive
05-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Just stay off the main roads, and use less travelled roads to do emergencies. People will always look for shortcuts in the xp/ego grind. And the way xp works, leeching is always going to be present.

On the lesser accessible roads, these leechers need to do more work to get to them. Heck just do the instance/phases area stuff and avoid emergencies, at least you have to contribute to those to get credit

Joe Snuffy
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
One example:

Emergency pops up - "Smells Like Victory'.
Yall have seen it, you know whats involved....

I start the mission, everyone around me is AFK, can't/don't want to help out.
I'm running my butt off off leading the Warriors away from the AFKs, turning and sniping the archers, killing the buds and spawn. And damned if 3 times out of 5 while I'm at the other end of the field mopping up the last of the warriors I don't see some lowlife bastage running out of the field after collecting the pheromone.

And I can't tell you how many times a 'group' has left me behind trapped in a bad spot, or needing a rez, but they hop on their scooters and motor off.

It almost makes me want to play FPS's alone again. And I'm getting tired of helping out knowing those are the people I'm helping some of the time.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is "SELF".

Why are you putting yourself in a position to fail. If some joe is afk let the Mother ^%$#er die. Do your thing, take care of yourself and don't worry about some lame smuck who is afk.

You will have more fun.

Oh and if I was logging in to the game it would probably happen to me but since chat sucks I don't log in much anymore.

Opetyr
05-08-2013, 09:29 PM
I just say alright you are not taking part. Text me when you actually do something. Had that issue today trying to get blasters on farms since one guy wouldn't help except kill the ones everyone needed. Decided to stay in the farm and not let is reset. Starting to wish this games developers actually thought some things through before the ninja "fixes" like the unless you tag a mob you get nothing.

crasher
05-09-2013, 12:05 AM
I just say alright you are not taking part. Text me when you actually do something. Had that issue today trying to get blasters on farms since one guy wouldn't help except kill the ones everyone needed. Decided to stay in the farm and not let is reset. Starting to wish this games developers actually thought some things through before the ninja "fixes" like the unless you tag a mob you get nothing.

Ran out of ammo at 3 arkfalls today because cartards ran over the bugs.
Some of those ammoboxes are a hike, and some are off the map so you dont know where to run/drive.

No ammo = no syphon, so I died a couple times from the acid/electric/flame bugs. It's not like I can karate chop my way out of a mob with poopshoes on.

Just venting. The game is getting annoying. And I was having such a good time.
I've said in other threads, this is my first MMO, so I don't know if this is normal or not, and I have no clue whether I should just tough it out or other MMOs will be better.

I remember when my friends were into the older stuff with good communities back in the old days, but I never got into Neverwinter Nights and suchlike back in the olden days when we played computer games by candle light.

KeevanSixx
05-09-2013, 12:12 AM
I chalk it up to the social dysfunction state of the game as it is right now. before, people gladly threw themselves into the fray, leeroy jenkins style, whenever they happenned to come across a player being swamped by the hordes of whatever. It's a mental thing...and one that is not being addressed by the community as a whole. Instead of standing by idle whenever something happens, make a concious effort to go investigate, go see, if that lone purple dot on the far side of the map is not caught between a hellbug and a hard place. for me, i just can't resist the call of battle.....whenever i see a lone someone on the map as i'm driving by, and i hear gunfire, i want to hop off my ride and rush in where angels fear to tread...It makes the game loads more fun for me, and maybe, just maybe.....my untimely arrival just saved some average joe/jane from a respawn....

but hey....that's just me, and what makes me a tasty meat popsicle for the wee beasties....soooo.....

Attention Defiance community: this is your friendly neighborhood social call reminding all you happy fragsters to refrain from being a bunch of keyboard zombies, and get out there and save a life today....who knows....maybe that greenhorn you rescued from old man jenkins farm last week is the same one who goes out of their way to rescue your pacon when your schtako's in the fire and you are low on ammo....be a pal, and go random rambo for a stranger.

crasher
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
I chalk it up to the social dysfunction state of the game as it is right now.

snip

Instead of standing by idle whenever something happens, make a concious effort to go investigate, go see, if that lone purple dot on the far side of the map is not caught between a hellbug and a hard place. for me, i just can't resist the call of battle.....

snip

I gotta say I was surprised to jump into the 'new gene's' emergency the first time to help out a purple dot only to find out at the end I was the only nonNPC in the crowd.

I felt like I was surrounded by mannequins in a Twilight Zone episode.

:)

KeevanSixx
05-09-2013, 12:27 AM
I gotta say I was surprised to jump into the 'new gene's' emergency the first time to help out a purple dot only to find out at the end I was the only nonNPC in the crowd.

I felt like I was surrounded by mannequins in a Twilight Zone episode.

:)

heh...truth!

done that quite a bit myself, but i still felt good about it....after all, i got the rewards in the end. like i said, it's a concious mental thing. instead of asking myself "what's in it for me?", the first thoughts i usually have are "ooooohhhh, i wonder what's going on over there?" followed by "just how spectacularly can i die today?" (after the run in with the monolith, and getting my lifeless corpse jet blasted back to the far side of the bridge span rather epicly.....yeah, it's hard to beat that one.)

Kiwiblazer
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
help them please! build a good community and as for me I always say thankyou and add a friend incase you need help in the future. I belong to no clan.

lildevil13
05-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Are those people really AFK ?
I thought they were NPCs.

Have I been playing a multiplayer games all this time ? D:

crasher
05-09-2013, 01:59 AM
help them please! build a good community and as for me I always say thankyou and add a friend incase you need help in the future. I belong to no clan.

People usually jet so fast at the end, no matter whether you helped them or they helped you, that you don't get the chance.

Like being rez'd at a fall. They help, they're gone.
Who do I send the thank-you card and bottle of wine to?

It'd be nice if there was a 'you were rez'd by XXX' log to access.

KeevanSixx:

I've been to the bridge.
The Monolith and I stared at each other for a few minutes.
I blinked.
I slinked (slunk? slonked? :) ) away.
Whimpering.

Calypso Atlas
05-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Today in Freight Yard a guy in a Cerbus stopped to let me in it, HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE THAT?!?

But another thing that irks me is when your on a mission and theres another person who just happens to be doing the same thing and some times you die (it happenes) you're crawling behind this dude arm stretched out pleading for him to rez you. NOPE. They will run right over you and pretend like nothing was there. That irks me the most.

KeevanSixx
05-09-2013, 02:09 AM

don't feel too bad, i'm in no clan either (just havn't found one with the right "fit" for me). I never look for thanks or praise after helping someone out in a jam...just not my style. As for building a good community? that takes a team effort (everybody plays, everybody wins....what you put into it is what you get out of it), flaws, bugs, and all. Is this a "perfect" game? No, but there is a lot of potential here, and a chance of something great ( i said a chance....slim though it is). that something "great" is out of our hands (and out of reach for the moment), but as a community, we can find our own ways to make our individual game experiences fun enough to stick around for a bit. some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty....me....heck with the glass, i'm looking for the bottle hidden in the desk corner....

only advice i could render right now for the "core" community....

take what you are given, with joy in your hearts (it's hard to do, i know, i feel ya). It may be flawed. It may be buggy. It may be broken in some places, and could do with some fine polish.....but it's our world, it's our imaginations, and our visions that shape our experiences. If we always focus on the negatives (and that's real real easy to do right now) our experiences in game will sucketh verily, but if we try to look beyond what's there, look beyond the negatives, we can find our bliss in the simple things......like butt stompin' hellbugs, or cherry pickin mutants off of buildings with a sniper rifle, or diving into a pure blown clusterfubar just because you want to push yourselves a little bit further to see what you can accomplish......the point....we, as a community, have the potential to accomplish great things on our own, in our own ways.....

for example, in other mmo's, i have seen great clans come together and just give away stuff to random strangers, stuff they collected together as a group. they were not looking for anything in return, they were just trying to liven up the place a bit, change the routine, shake things up a bit..........sometimes, it was completley random....sometimes, it was stupid human trick day where they gave prizes for doing insane things at certain locations. (i can think of one......with the current antigrav knockback bug that affects certain players at random times.....have a contest where everyone rushes the monolith, and the player that gets KO'd back the farthest wins a prize. Or find some insane impossible jump somewhere in the world, and offer prizes to those that make it. Or, find some way random spot on the map that is not normally accessable, and play "where's waldo" and give random stuff to players that find your clan.

It doesn't have to be grapes or oranges....the color doesn't matter....the point is.....that someone, or some group took it upon themselves to do something outside the norm, outside the realms and rules of the world just because they could....

That.....is what makes a community special....everything else....is just icing on da cake.

AlphaProtocol
05-09-2013, 07:22 AM
dude you're just epic
don't feel too bad, i'm in no clan either (just havn't found one with the right "fit" for me). I never look for thanks or praise after helping someone out in a jam...just not my style. As for building a good community? that takes a team effort (everybody plays, everybody wins....what you put into it is what you get out of it), flaws, bugs, and all. Is this a "perfect" game? No, but there is a lot of potential here, and a chance of something great ( i said a chance....slim though it is). that something "great" is out of our hands (and out of reach for the moment), but as a community, we can find our own ways to make our individual game experiences fun enough to stick around for a bit. some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty....me....heck with the glass, i'm looking for the bottle hidden in the desk corner....

only advice i could render right now for the "core" community....

take what you are given, with joy in your hearts (it's hard to do, i know, i feel ya). It may be flawed. It may be buggy. It may be broken in some places, and could do with some fine polish.....but it's our world, it's our imaginations, and our visions that shape our experiences. If we always focus on the negatives (and that's real real easy to do right now) our experiences in game will sucketh verily, but if we try to look beyond what's there, look beyond the negatives, we can find our bliss in the simple things......like butt stompin' hellbugs, or cherry pickin mutants off of buildings with a sniper rifle, or diving into a pure blown clusterfubar just because you want to push yourselves a little bit further to see what you can accomplish......the point....we, as a community, have the potential to accomplish great things on our own, in our own ways.....

for example, in other mmo's, i have seen great clans come together and just give away stuff to random strangers, stuff they collected together as a group. they were not looking for anything in return, they were just trying to liven up the place a bit, change the routine, shake things up a bit..........sometimes, it was completley random....sometimes, it was stupid human trick day where they gave prizes for doing insane things at certain locations. (i can think of one......with the current antigrav knockback bug that affects certain players at random times.....have a contest where everyone rushes the monolith, and the player that gets KO'd back the farthest wins a prize. Or find some insane impossible jump somewhere in the world, and offer prizes to those that make it. Or, find some way random spot on the map that is not normally accessable, and play "where's waldo" and give random stuff to players that find your clan.

It doesn't have to be grapes or oranges....the color doesn't matter....the point is.....that someone, or some group took it upon themselves to do something outside the norm, outside the realms and rules of the world just because they could....

That.....is what makes a community special....everything else....is just icing on da cake.

TravelerX1
05-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Kinda makes you wish for friendly fire sometimes...... LOL

I try to help out in any missions I come across that other players are doing. I got help with a lot of the main missions my first play through from people doing the same missions, and I like to return the favor (Ok, I also like to shoot things.... a lot) I don't expect people to help out, but it's nice when they do. I go into an emergency knowing that I may be the only one working at it. Kill everything that needs killing, sort the bodies out later. If someone joins, awesome, if they need help, I give them a hand.

AdRAGOn
05-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I had a guy revive me during an arkfall which I thanked right then only to have him follow me for 30min demanding I pay him for that, at first I thought he was joking until he followed to my next mission saying "you owe me money boy" and "pay me for that" throwing grenade which can be distracting while doing missions. It cost me 180 scrip to revive which means nothing to me. I would of given him a junk item worth more then that if he wasn't such an @$$ about it.

Archangel
05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
I had a guy revive me during an arkfall which I thanked right then only to have him follow me for 30min demanding I pay him for that, at first I thought he was joking until he followed to my next mission saying "you owe me money boy" and "pay me for that" throwing grenade which can be distracting while doing missions. It cost me 180 scrip to revive which means nothing to me. I would of given him a junk item worth more then that if he wasn't such an @$$ about it.

thats hilarious.

I haven't ran into anyone that bad or the type that claim a spot to farm. I have ran into those during arkfalls who dont revive you because they are all padding their numbers and one person down is one less person to compete with.

What they dont know is there is a pursuit for reviving downed people during ark falls.

So it comes and goes but im sorry to had that experience.

During those bug ones with the smell. I use a Mass launcher and just lay waste to the whole area. With the Pows being there and all the skitterlings, its easy to less loose multiple mass launcher rounds with just 1 perk.

Its called "Mad Bomber" 3/3 above Overcharge. This perk makes mass launchers incredibally powerful during these events which have bad guys who die in 1 shot thus reloading your launcher and getting maybe 2 or 3 shots off in a row if your fast enough.

thats 8-16 rockets falling down from the sky each hiting for 1300-1600 damage. This also works on the hunters since their armor has no effect on the damage and they take the full 5200-6800 if all the rockets hit 1 target which is very easy to do.

This way your not kiting them away trying to snipe. Your just leveling the area with no mercy.

theyeti
05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Whenever I res someone in an arkfall and they say thanks, I thank them, because I still need the pursuit res's because I havn't farmed them with a friend yet.

The problem is there is no incentive to having other people around. They take your killshots, they kill mobs before you can tag them, they reduce the amount of weapon xp you can get by doing damage. That is why most people are happy when you get downed. It pisses me off to no end, especially in coops when people don't res me.
I ALWAYS try to play friendly, group invites if we are doing a local quest, let people tag mobs before I kill them, res someone as soon as they fall.
People will leave you crawling in every situation imaginable. The people I hate the most are the ones that do coops and RUSH as far ahead as possible leaving mobs behind them. Why are people such selfish, greedy, explitives? I would love a votekick option for coops.

My experience is that most, MOST, other people I run into are selfish.

seros
05-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Personally if i see afkers like that i would pull a train on them... Grab as much agro as you can and plant your self in the middle...I think its hilarious.. Same with the people i see at arkfalls blowing themselves up and rezzing each other, Ill stand there and try to rez them until they get aggravated and move.. lol...

KeevanSixx
05-09-2013, 01:06 PM
that's just it though....there will always be greifers and leachers and keyboard zombies in any game you play, it's enevitable......

so the question is mr. anderson......will you choose the red pill...or the blue pill?

will you be one of the players? or one of the chaff?

(admit it....when you just read that right now, you heard Hugo Weavings voice in yo head...lol)

AdRAGOn
05-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I so did hear Hugo Weavings voice.

hagpop
05-09-2013, 03:46 PM
The game is best played in a group with friends. Ignore the childish ******bags and play it your way.

Apoc
05-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Ya happened to me last week. Luckily I am usually with my clan mates instead. But the one time I choose to go solo, somebody is enjoying collecting the pheromones while I am fighting 10,000 hellbugs for him.

This has happened to me a few times.. I usually lead the bugs over to them and pop stealth, then I get to collect the Pheros while They fight the bugs.

crasher
05-09-2013, 07:17 PM
This has happened to me a few times.. I usually lead the bugs over to them and pop stealth, then I get to collect the Pheros while They fight the bugs.

Simple AND devious.
I like it.