PDA

View Full Version : Votan Blast Rifle (40dmg): What's the point?

Whippersnapper
05-08-2013, 03:55 AM
I see these Votan Blast rifles, and some have nice specials, but then I see the 40dmg and I...bleh.....

I figured I'd use one for levelling and the mobs were like... "Yea...and?"

Even the Mazu stinks at 172 damage. I might as well get a basic service rifle with 220dmg...

What am I missing? What's the point of these?

ryzo
05-08-2013, 03:59 AM
I see these Votan Blast rifles, and some have nice specials, but then I see the 40dmg and I...bleh.....

Even the Mazu stinks at 172 damage. I might as well get a basic service rifle with 220dmg...

doesn't tell u this mate but fire it at a wall for 1 bullet it does 3 shots so its 40 times 3 and add the extra fire rate its up there with smgs as a high dps close to mid range wep

Neptonius
05-08-2013, 03:59 AM

I like to know this to, since i found a legend version of one, it seems pointless to use them atm.

Whippersnapper
05-08-2013, 04:27 AM
doesn't tell u this mate but fire it at a wall for 1 bullet it does 3 shots so its 40 times 3 and add the extra fire rate its up there with smgs as a high dps close to mid range wep

1 bullet = 3 bullets? That's still only 120dmg though. So basically the dmg is low because its a long range SMG?

ryzo
05-08-2013, 04:44 AM
1 bullet = 3 bullets? That's still only 120dmg though. So basically the dmg is low because its a long range SMG?

yes its like a of a AR N smg

Zorlond
05-08-2013, 04:50 AM

This is good advice for any weapon you've never tried before. Equip it, aim at a rock or tree, empty a clip into it. Then watch the reload to see how that works.

There's a huge variety in weapon behaviors. Just gotta give them a try.

Tharcion
05-08-2013, 04:53 AM
The Votan Blast Rifles put out plenty of damage in practice. If you can get your hands on a Mazu version, so much the better. Those things are hell on wheels, but you can only get them as drops or special buys.

Whippersnapper
05-08-2013, 04:54 AM
yes its like a of a AR N smg Odd though. It should be killing the mobs then and it isn't.

Oh wait Im confusing it with LMG.

ryzo
05-08-2013, 04:55 AM
The Votan Blast Rifles put out plenty of damage in practice. If you can get your hands on a Mazu version, so much the better. Those things are hell on wheels, but you can only get them as drops or special buys.

I have a nice purple mazu

ryzo
05-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Odd though. It should be killing the mobs then and it isn't.

Oh wait Im confusing it with LMG.

if ur wana sell it message me if ur on xbox EU

Buu
05-08-2013, 04:58 AM
absurd fire rate make up for that bullet damage easily.

AngersRevenge
05-08-2013, 07:28 AM

^this

and I actually use the increased recoil to help land head shots. If I start shooting at center mass the recoil will quickly travel to the head and from there it easy to keep it on the head. This and the VBI AR are my favorite rifles. The blast rifle beats the VBI AR in my opinion.

Lindrei
05-08-2013, 07:46 AM
The VBR is also wicked accurate even without a scope mod.

Denim Samurai
05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
I think most of the votan weapons are there to apply nano-effects

TravelerX1
05-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Combine these with the perks that extend EGo power or recharge ego power on reload and you have a brilliant combo. The super fast reload and rof will keep you overcharged for the length of a whole battle or until the ammo runs out.

I plan on finishing out my last 5 AR levels this way ;)

crasher
05-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Oh good.
I get to reload and run out of ammo a lot, too....

Cavadus
05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Oh good.
I get to reload and run out of ammo a lot, too....

Slot up Prepared and Scavenger if you're having ammo issues; that's exactly what they're designed to alleviate.

If you don't like high RoF, low damage per bullet weapons then don't use them.

I personally don't like them but I do use the VOT Mazu Blast Rifle in TDM PvP on the claustrophobc maps as I refuse to give in to the cloaked shottie madness.

Thr0nes
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Electric versions tend to proc a ton. Causing a ton of aoe thriller dances.

Blak
05-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Also one thing to note is that with these guns you can proc effects really fast. I had one that was a lightning dmg version and it honestly had the enemy stunned 24/7... does less dmg sure, but the added bonus of being able to light all the mobs in the room on fire really quickly, or reduce all their armor can be very helpful to the group.

The main issue honestly is the train of thought most people bring to this game. Everybody wants to be the TOP dps guy on the chart when half the time they really are not doing much but spraying dmg across all the mobs. When people starting working as a group more and figuring out how to stack effects with each other you will be amazed at how fast things die.

Try getting a group to use an Acid Gun / Life Drain / Lighting / Fire.... no joke things just melt to death.

AntiGravity
05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I've honestly never tried using the Blast rifles yet however, after reading this thread I am extreamly interested in trying them out. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where to find one to test out? Which vendor/faction offers them? Solepitor?

Lindrei
05-09-2013, 10:28 AM
The rep vendor at The Crater Bar has it I beleve(it might be the Mazu though).

Whippersnapper
05-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Combine these with the perks that extend EGo power or recharge ego power on reload and you have a brilliant combo. The super fast reload and rof will keep you overcharged for the length of a whole battle or until the ammo runs out.

I plan on finishing out my last 5 AR levels this way ;)
I like this idea. More details on how to make it work please :)