PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy, a question....

dokukaeru
05-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Some guns have a -0.30 accuracy attached to them. Someone told me that is good, but if you compare 2 identical guns one with, one without, the one with has a lower(red) number.

To make matters more confusing, the accuracy mod has a minus(-) sign next to it, but it seems to make accuracy better.

fluor
05-08-2013, 04:59 AM
lower accuracy is better, shotguns are the best example for this because you can clearly see the difference. weapon bonuses with a - in front of them are working correctly, but last time i checked scopes aren't working even if they show the correct stat ( a - in front of them).

Laithen
05-08-2013, 05:02 AM
It is a mistake since the last patch where accuracy gone from values ​​+ to - for no reason but that affects accuracy so that makes sniper rifles with mod unplayable.
It's embarrassing that has not been solved yet.

dokukaeru
05-08-2013, 05:06 AM
It is a mistake since the last patch where accuracy gone from values ​​+ to - for no reason but that affects accuracy so that makes sniper rifles with mod unplayable.

So -0.3 accuracy is a bonus, not a negative? Why does it show a red accuracy stat for that when comparing 2 guns, one with and one without?

Buruko
05-08-2013, 05:47 AM
I think there is some confusion here with the term 'accuracy'.

See we have bloom and recoil which are not listed items on the weapons stats, as well as the cone of fire(firing pattern) each weapon produces. However if you attach a stock to a shotgun with x.95 bloom and x.95 recoil you will note that the accuracy number shrinks as does the cross hairs of your weapon, however the pellet spread from that weapon is still wide (aka cone of fire).

However when comparing in-game two weapons beside each other the weapon with the HIGHER accuracy number will show as the superior weapon, not the lower one.

I believe the issue is that the Accuracy stat is too generalized and so it means different things on different items, as now the scopes for AR/LMG/SMG show a MINUS to accuracy while most scopes for Pistols and Sniper rifles show a PLUS to accuracy.

We need a dev to really clear up the confusion and state clearly the following:

- What comprises the Accuracy stat?
- Is Higher or Lower Accuracy more desirable? Does this vary by weapon type?
- How do we determine which we are effecting (bloom, cone of fire, recoil) when we use mods with Accuracy on them?

Just a lot of murkiness out there rather than specifics.

Saraya
05-08-2013, 05:54 AM

The entire system is embarrassing. Whom thought this up?

dokukaeru
05-08-2013, 06:21 AM
Definitely confusing.
it seems it is meant to be a bonus....as far as I can tell, it would be the only negative added stat to a gun if not. Definitely would help with DEV clarification.

Neptonius
05-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Definitely would help with DEV clarification.

I like to see this to, it would really help a lot IG.