PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from a New Player

Celashae
05-08-2013, 06:32 AM
After reading the forums, there are a handful of things that can be said the majority of the forum-goers complain about. After playing the game for a couple of days, I'm going to throw my two-cents into the mix, and address each of these hot-button topics:

Bugs/Glitches: On the PC version, I am seeing none. Haven't really noticed any lag in the game to be honest.

Content: I can see where some might think the content is lacking. The main story seems to be the only quest line that is compelling enough to actually keep doing--the side quests are pretty useless for the most part. That being said, the Arkfalls are pretty fun, and the dynamic events keep the world from going stale.

World: Small, but not TOO small. Seen smaller. They can always add to it down the road, but the size is not a game-breaker by any means.

Chat: In-game chat system sucks. No one uses it. Fix this.

AI: Never noticed anything lacking in the mob AI. Keep in mind that I suck at shooters, but what did you guys expect? I can't think of a single game that I have played that made me go "Oh man, that AI was SOOO realistic!!" Not gonna happen any time soon. Nothing wrong with the AI in this game.

PVP: I don't know why people keep saying that everyone just uses shotguns and cloak. I played a bunch of matches last night, and by and large I noticed a lot of SMG's with Overcharge being used. Personally, I ran with Cloak/Sniper and did pretty good, with an average K/D of 1.5/1.

Thats all I got so far. Feel free to reply with any other things that most people find "game-breaking". So far, the game is fun, but the social aspect of an MMO is NOT there by any means. It feels like the Multiplayer version of Borderlands, only with the ability to play with more than three friends, which is not bad. I like it so far, and for my $60, I'd say it was well-spent.

TL:DR version: Good game, but not without its flaws. Will give props to the devs for what they've done so far, but their work is not done yet. I'd say if they had to focus on ONE thing, it would be the in-game chat.

I'm having a lot of fun in Defiance so far, and am enjoying it immensely.

SuperDingleberg
05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Welcome, and fair points, even from an Xbox player :)

CaptainRaj
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Well constructed and fair. I will send this to a friend who is toying with the idea of buying Defiance. Thanks.

Ps. I've invested a hugely unhealthy amount of time to this game and I'm still addicted. I'll see you at and arkfall soon :)

CaptainRaj
05-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Welcome, and fair points, even from an Xbox player :)

Dingles, you're on xbox!!