PDA

View Full Version : Arkfall Record

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Last night 05/07/2013 around 9 or 10 pm central time. 255 kills in one Arkfall. That has to be a record if Defince kept track of them. If you have a better one please post it. Lets start a world record.

Pyth
05-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Did you really make an account just to show everyone that you drive in circles at arkfalls?

cusman
05-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Did you really make an account just to show everyone that you drive in circles at arkfalls?

The only way I have gotten high kill counts at Arkfal is to go to the Arkfal that doesn't have lot of people yet and then shoot the skitterlings and not the crystal until the Mob of other players show up and then move to next one ahead of the rest of the pack.

I have gotten nearly 100 kills (per pursuit progress) for single Arkfal that way... so 200+ is a pretty high score (unless the game glitched the result numbers).

I think people that drive their cars around in circles are wasting their time... and making the game less fun for everyone including themselves.

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 07:42 AM
LOL you were there. Still counts as high kills. Beat it and you can then make fun of it. NPC truck. Badassest weapon in the game.

Rawrlok
05-08-2013, 07:46 AM
People who drive in circles around the crystal are people who do not know how the Orange Crystal Arkfalls work. And they just make themselves look noobish and make the Arkfall take way more time to finish then normal. Pretty much they are wasting everyone else's time. And in second place is the guy who shoots the cluster rocket launcher/grenade launcher at the crystal the entire time. Killing the skitterlings before they have a chance to bite the crystal and give it a weak spot.

littlejay
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I was killing the infinite skitterling spawn and an arkfall popped up when i was grinding. I had 577 kills on the scoreboard.

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Not sure if that one would count or not. What does everyone else think??

RabMan
05-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Any Arkfall that spawns within the radius of a rampage will award kills to the arkfall on the scoreboard. I've gotten 650+ on one near "SMASH!!" Rampage. Those don't count toward Arkfall Pursuits nor do they add damage to your scoreboard number, but its an easy way to pad kill count during an Arkfall.

Riptharipper
05-08-2013, 07:59 AM

If driving around the crystle counts... So should his.

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 08:04 AM
If driving around the crystle counts... So should his.

Good point

SRod1706
05-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Still counts

She put a bag on my head

Still counts

DOOM996
05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Who cares about freakn kills? I want to see me on top with less kills and at least twice as much dmg as the second behind me lol

DejaVooDoo
05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Any Arkfall that spawns within the radius of a rampage will award kills to the arkfall on the scoreboard. I've gotten 650+ on one near "SMASH!!" Rampage. Those don't count toward Arkfall Pursuits nor do they add damage to your scoreboard number, but its an easy way to pad kill count during an Arkfall.

Fortunately it did count for the "kill 100 scrappers at major arkfalls" contract I happened to have active when this happened to me. saved so much grinding.

rReves
05-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I've seen 450+ kills on the scoreboard. Done 350+ myself without using a vehicle. 255 is a nice count when going for the 2500 but it's by no means a record.

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
OK, then secondary topic. What are your views on the use of a vehicle as a weapon. During Arkfall or not

Stoned Soldier
05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I think if your in a vehicle your a horrible shot and suck at this game. but if you think it is cool then have fun. personally when I am at the ark fall and someone comes circling in a vehicle or lobs clusters at the crystal I will move to one by myself and kill it before the group kills theres. I do this to atleast three crystals before the cluster of idiots destroy there one. so that is what I think of you all in vehicles at ark falls.

rReves
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Using vehicles during arkfalls..
Shows your useless. Selfish. Petty troll. Etc.
I wouldn't.
Only during hellbug waves does it actually contribute anything at all cuz at least it kills things. Still annoying.
I'm all for despawning vehicles at arkfalls.

Stoned Soldier
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I agree with you

BJWyler
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Who cares about freakn kills? I want to see me on top with less kills and at least twice as much dmg as the second behind me lol

Indeed. I always scratch my head at the final tally board when I see someone with dozens of kills, but 0 damage delt. Kinda pointless methinks, as is this epeen thread. Let your actions speak for you in game, not a random forum post.

OK, then secondary topic. What are your views on the use of a vehicle as a weapon. During Arkfall or not
Since the vehicles do have damage stats, I think they are a legitimate weapon when used properly and strategically. Using them at ArkFalls is not fulfilling that purpose. I will generally use mine at roadside emergencies to thin a herd of baddies or wear down a boss before dismounting and finishing with my rifles.

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 08:52 AM

By the way without using a vehicle.

Dwane
05-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Had over 500 yesterday. Was farming 2500 arkfall kills so i found lone "destroy crystal", ignore crystall, feed on skiterlings.

krayzgates
05-08-2013, 08:55 AM
negative...i just did an arkfall and someone...not myself...had 471 kills

Lahlaos
05-08-2013, 08:57 AM
P.S beat the arkfall with 264 kills:)

Im here to defend the Titan arkfall circling, whats a waste of time is running to the arkfalls and NOT getting enough kills due to players spamming grenade launchers and explosives, im sorry, but you cant pick on a tactic we use because that is OUR tactic, it might not be clever, it might be a bit cheaty, but its EFFECTIVE, and I will dry hump the **** out of arkfalls all day if I have to, ALTHOUGH im going to try a tactic that a previous poster mentioned running to arkfalls ahead of SPAM fanboys....

I promote the Titan truck idea, and if you need to do the Arkfalls as a way of life pursuits then you go right ahead, there will be hundreds more arkfalls, the one thing I dont like having to do is this last shot on the Progenitor....thats tough.

Heres my theory.

Trion made the game, its bugged and glitchy, now we aint got a lot to do as it is, so if I want to exploit the use of something they put in the game then I will, and there is nothing to be done about it. There are no set rules to this game, once the glitches are fixed THEN I will stop but until that day, im using the Titan to do what i need to do....and then I'll stop, I prefer to get things done rather than waste hundreds of hours running around to arkfalls only to be spammed by others in cars, the high amount of player surges and other nuances.

In few words brethren of Defiance....DEAL WITH IT

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 09:00 AM

I do Arkfalls more than anyone else I know and I've never done the whole "vehicle driving during an Arkfall" thing and I always finish in the top 10 no matter what else happens at the Arkfall. I actually like it when 1 or 2 people hop in their trucks and have at it; it adds to the excitement and makes the Arkfall seem more chaotic and hectic and gets my adrenaline pumping. Banning vehicles from Arkfalls would make them feel a lot less organic and much more sterile. "Let's all stand in one place an wait for a skitterling to put a herpes sore on the crystal and all shoot it". "Now repeat".

Drive you crazy Arkfall vehicle users! Drive like the wind I say!

Lahlaos
05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I do Arkfalls more than anyone else I know and I've never done the whole "vehicle driving during an Arkfall" thing and I always finish in the top 10 no matter what else happens at the Arkfall. I actually like it when 1 or 2 people hop in their trucks and have at it; it adds to the excitement and makes the Arkfall seem more chaotic and hectic and gets my adrenaline pumping. Banning vehicles from Arkfalls would make them feel a lot less organic and much more sterile. "Let's all stand in one place an wait for a skitterling to put a herpes sore on the crystal and all shoot it". "Now repeat".

Drive you crazy Arkfall vehicle users! Drive like the wind I say!

Drinking to that:) It does add a bit of depth, and lol@herpes sore

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I love when I get 2nd place with only 5 kills because I spend my time on the crystal, and the guy in 20th has 98 kills and is scratching his head because he doesnt understand kills mean squat to the final damage score.

Skarth
05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Those scores are impressive...

If you play on a console.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Skarth/Defiance/lots2_zps7365c4dd.png~original (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Skarth/media/Defiance/lots2_zps7365c4dd.png.html)

Lahlaos
05-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Fair ****ing play, do you know how?

Tango80
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Driving standard vehicles during an arkfall although annoying is fine by me.
Driving the Titan during an arkfall is More than just annoying it's down right anger inducing.

Why? The Titan is damn near invunerable to damage from all hellbugs but the Monarchs. The other rigs tend to blow up when they hit too many warriors.

If Trion would fix the Titan so that the exploiters couldn't use them in an arkfall that would be much appreciated.

Random
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
LOL you were there. Still counts as high kills. Beat it and you can then make fun of it. NPC truck. Badassest weapon in the game.

You did nothing to accomplish nothing except for the fact that you have declared to everyone on this forum "I am a ****** bag".

Because really that's what you are if you think that Hauler makes your score worth anything. I'd say the first person to post any score that didn't use a hauler as better than yours.

Congrats! You suck as a player.

Lahlaos
05-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Driving standard vehicles during an arkfall although annoying is fine by me.
Driving the Titan during an arkfall is More than just annoying it's down right anger inducing.

Why? The Titan is damn near invunerable to damage from all hellbugs but the Monarchs. The other rigs tend to blow up when they hit too many warriors.

If Trion would fix the Titan so that the exploiters couldn't use them in an arkfall that would be much appreciated.

But its a wonderful vehicle, its nion-invincible, and I will fully be abusing this facility:)

Calypso Atlas
05-08-2013, 09:56 AM
144 is my top kills so far, but if we are going to make a record I think I can push to 300, killing skits is easy pickings.

Woodlouse
05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Last night 05/07/2013 around 9 or 10 pm central time. 255 kills in one Arkfall. That has to be a record if Defince kept track of them. If you have a better one please post it. Lets start a world record.

so your one of the people that make it hard to do the arkfall because you kill all the skitterlings before they can ruptur the crystall.

ironhands
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
I'd really like to see a high score field on the arkfall types. Top dmg, and top kills, lifetime highscores, maybe on a 3rd tab. It'd allow us to see how we rank globally instead of just in that one event, and draw more attention to hackers hopefully

R3gu18r
05-08-2013, 11:07 AM
P.S beat the arkfall with 264 kills:)

Im here to defend the Titan arkfall circling, whats a waste of time is running to the arkfalls and NOT getting enough kills due to players spamming grenade launchers and explosives, im sorry, but you cant pick on a tactic we use because that is OUR tactic, it might not be clever, it might be a bit cheaty, but its EFFECTIVE, and I will dry hump the **** out of arkfalls all day if I have to, ALTHOUGH im going to try a tactic that a previous poster mentioned running to arkfalls ahead of SPAM fanboys....

I promote the Titan truck idea, and if you need to do the Arkfalls as a way of life pursuits then you go right ahead, there will be hundreds more arkfalls, the one thing I dont like having to do is this last shot on the Progenitor....thats tough.

Heres my theory.

Trion made the game, its bugged and glitchy, now we aint got a lot to do as it is, so if I want to exploit the use of something they put in the game then I will, and there is nothing to be done about it. There are no set rules to this game, once the glitches are fixed THEN I will stop but until that day, im using the Titan to do what i need to do....and then I'll stop, I prefer to get things done rather than waste hundreds of hours running around to arkfalls only to be spammed by others in cars, the high amount of player surges and other nuances.

In few words brethren of Defiance....DEAL WITH IT

Amen brother. I really do not see using the Titan as cheating or being noobish. It is exploiting an aspect of the game. No diffrent then finding a legendary weapon of moding one out so that it is better then anything else. Also the tactic of looping arkfalls can be looked at as my intention in the firs place of taking out the archers to keep them off of you wile you take out the crystal. Therefore playing the role of an assist player no diffrent then the players that sit behind a group and use the heal part of a spanner.

LordFarragut
05-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Well, when you kill using your vehicle, you take away ammo drops, and if you have ever been in an arkfall where there isnt a ammo crate nearby, its a pain in the ***, especially if the ******* in the vehicle kills the enemy before you have a chance to finish them off.

Barley McHops
05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Like someone else in this thread said, I was testing out the infinite skitterling area when an arkfall popped up. Apparently it counted the skitterling kills, because I had something like 700 kills.

Added note, however, it DID NOT count towards the pursuit to kill enemies within an arkfall.

Grimwyrd
05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
The best part of this post is where the OP spells his name in 133t-speak. /giggle