PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Shotgun?

Gryphon
05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm really just starting to check out Shotguns. If you could only carry one, which one would it be?
Which one would you use for:
(A) PVP?
(B) getting swarmed by enemies in PVE?

Dwane
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
VOT fragger, Cluster Shot.

Malevolent215
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm really just starting to check out Shotguns. If you could only carry one, which one would it be?
(A) PVP?

A: Nano Fragger
B: Grind Fragger

METALPUNKS
05-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I love the ones with a tighter spread. I have a green one I've used since ego rating 50.

Now I will say I love the cluster shot. Got a very nice one lastnight. Instead of shotgun shells it sends out grenades, the one I found has 13 mag size. I can pretty much kill anything with a clip, maybe nota hulker though lol.

greatdividers
05-08-2013, 08:25 AM
VOT fragger, Cluster Shot.

this
/10cars

MrRotten
05-08-2013, 08:26 AM
(A) PVP?

A: Combat
B: Combat

Don't like the Sawed Off Cheese and the fact you get only 2 shots with most of them... Combat Shotties seem to be very well rounded all together. Good Damage, Good Fire Rate, Decent Reload, the Spread is great at a bit of a distance for swarms and for one on one you get up close and it does amazing damage.

Grimwyrd
05-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I neither PvP, nor get swarmed by enemies in PvE... but when I was getting Boomstick III my favorite combo was:
Votan Auto-Fragger (for working on 5k Combat Shotgun kills)
VBI SO-2 Courier (for working on 10 Sawed-Off skill)

Cutlass Jack
05-08-2013, 09:35 AM
VOT Nano-Fragger. But mostly for the big sword on the melee stock. (see avatar) :p

Pyth
05-08-2013, 09:35 AM
FRC Scatterguns. I just like that traditional pump shotgun feel.

I really like the VBI shotguns too, but they just cant compete in the damage department.

ratt707
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Heavy scatter gun.

Also, does the cluster **** benefit from explosive perks like piņata, deadly cascade, etc?

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I have a green combat shottie that has an incendiary nano that I maxxed out but still hold onto because it's great for PvE and takes out Hellbugs like a BOSS! I tried sawed offs and pumps but I'd rather stick with combat. Combat Shotgun is an all around solid backup weapon for PvE because I almost always use LMG/AR/SMG/ as a primary gun and since they all use the same ammo (which makes no sense at all) I need a weapon that has it's own ammo supply and solid DPS. Combat Shotgun fills this role perfectly....and if it has a DOT nano all the better.

MrGunn2001
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Me likey the one that shoots grenades! Kill everything! Boom, Boom, Boom!

Razer
05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Heavy scatter gun.

Also, does the cluster **** benefit from explosive perks like piņata, deadly cascade, etc?

Hey Rat707, I don't believe it does since it is classified as a shotgun and not a detonator, rocket launcher or grenade. Wish it did though; those perks with that weapon would be swweeettt.

wrappy
05-08-2013, 10:07 AM
heavy scattergun w/ a plus mag size and,hopefully, syphon.

Woodlouse
05-08-2013, 10:12 AM
I use a pump heavy scattergun. I like the combat guns better though bevause they have a clip with faster reload, but the pumps do alot more damage.

nnja303
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I like the berzerker shotguns for pve, haven't tried them for PvP, I doubt they'd be any good for that though...

Leathernek1
05-08-2013, 10:55 AM
My favorite so far is the VBI TACC Auto shotgun. I hope I got that name right off of memory. I like being able to load a full magazine all at once and get back to shooting.

I've starting playing around with the VBI Shotgun that has the tighter spread and longer range, and I like those too, although the slow loading of one round at a time makes for awkward situations if you haven't killed everything by the time you run out of bullets.