PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is losing people at an amazing rate, my suggestion 2 keep players PLAYING!

badbobIV
05-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Honestly, in my serious overall opinion about the game is that it was released 2 early, they should of held out a little longer and tweaked some things a little more. I enjoy the game, and put up with crap problems...although I have played alot less lately ( I am disgusted with the BS myself) but I still play and have a glimmer of hope that they might be able to salvage this game that has serious potential. The hassle and BS we have endured since the begining of April up to now is killing the player population and alot of gamers are abandoning the game for good. I think Trion should release some DLC content for **FREE** just because of the BS we've put up with. If they make an announcement of some free DLC at least the people that are considering shelving the game or heading to gamestop for some trade in value might reconsider staying on and enduring with the rest of us that are still playing and dealing with the BS. The fre DLC im talking about is content not some dumbass title or lame outfit...I talking some serious DLC, missions, areas, the whole 9yards...I think as of now the 63.59 I spent on the game, was not worth it...but throw some good 1600ms point stuff at as for free might keep the people playing!

grooboggle
05-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Honestly, in my serious overall opinion about the game is that it was released 2 early, they should of held out a little longer and tweaked some things a little more. I enjoy the game, and put up with crap problems...although I have played alot less lately ( I am disgusted with the BS myself) but I still play and have a glimmer of hope that they might be able to salvage this game that has serious potential. The hassle and BS we have endured since the begining of April up to now is killing the player population and alot of gamers are abandoning the game for good. I think Trion should release some DLC content for **FREE** just because of the BS we've put up with. If they make an announcement of some free DLC at least the people that are considering shelving the game or heading to gamestop for some trade in value might reconsider staying on and enduring with the rest of us that are still playing and dealing with the BS. The fre DLC im talking about is content not some dumbass title or lame outfit...I talking some serious DLC, missions, areas, the whole 9yards...I think as of now the 63.59 I spent on the game, was not worth it...but throw some good 1600ms point stuff at as for free might keep the people playing!
Do you have one actual complaint? Other than the fact that you don't have any money?

krayzgates
05-08-2013, 09:02 AM
sorry bud...for those of us who have bought the season pass...wouldnt be fair to release free dlc...

badbobIV
05-08-2013, 09:07 AM
10character

badbobIV
05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
sorry bud...for those of us who have bought the season pass...wouldnt be fair to release free dlc...

Sorry bud...life isnt fair...demand a refund!

NIKOLA
05-08-2013, 09:13 AM
same shtako, different Banngo.

MacDeath
05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
What is your source for the claim that the game is "losing people at an amazing rate"?
I'm not saying it is or isn't but how would you or I or any player know that?

krayzgates
05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
i preordered...with the hopes that the season pass would be like any other...no complaints on any other game season passes...it is yet to be seen what they will give us

RegularX
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
I didn't see anywhere in your wall of nearly unreadable text evidence that the show is "losing players at breakneck speed" - but again, it was a wall of nearly unreadable text.

Myst
05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Why would they have to release free dlc content? I mean despite the fact that they said they would do a bit of both why should they do more?

but throw some good 1600ms point stuff at as for free might keep the people playing!

They already did in the form of in-game boosts...

Ice_Tempest
05-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Your title implies you have company inside information on the subscriber base. I would say with no actual numbers that I have observed more people joining the game (its getting so crowded at arkfalls people flicker the whole time I am trying to heal them).
You would be surprised what people will put up with, so while you feel that people should make them pay for the abuse we have received in reality most of us will just bend over and take it. I personally have lost 2 legendarys, have lost about $30 bucks to bugs and am sitting here reading this post (sad) while I wait for another patch. I WILL NOT GIVE UP I WILL NOT QUIT!

thatoneguy
05-08-2013, 09:23 AM

Wait, So how exactly is the game loosing people at an amazing rate? I play every day and during prime time every zone I enter is filled with purple dots. Heck, during the day time when I log on between classes I still see people everywhere, and arkfalls are absolutely packed. Not trying to troll you just wondered if there was real information about people leaving , or if it was just anecdotal evidence.

Hope499
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Do you have one actual complaint? Other than the fact that you don't have any money?

I luv you...

Lowlif3r
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
So, you took the "Freeloader" outfit mmmh? :-)

Anderson
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Do you know what I hate? The word "to". It's just 2 ******* long. 2 whole keystrokes is just 2 much work. I'm just going 2 start typing "2" like the OP.

Random
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I didn't see anywhere in your wall of nearly unreadable text evidence that the show is "losing players at breakneck speed" - but again, it was a wall of nearly unreadable text.

No.

He clearly stated evidence to back his claim with math that is in the 2nd dimension.

You see if you look at the screen at just the right angle you'll see a very obvious series of strings that lead to a viable tesseract.

It's so obvious guys!

Cutlass Jack
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Its true! There is literally no one on the servers right now on PC.
(Sure, the servers are down, but that does not take away from the truthiness.) :p

soarra
05-08-2013, 09:49 AM
(Sure, the servers are down, but that does not take away from the truthiness.) :p

lol damn games dying

Cynical Jester
05-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Do you know what I hate? The word "to". It's just 2 ******* long. 2 whole keystrokes is just 2 much work. I'm just going 2 start typing "2" like the OP.

I didn't read the OP..To those that did, you deserve a medal. but some of the comments were funny..

Sacrimony
05-08-2013, 10:02 AM
You've really got to love the self proclaimed All-Seers of this game. They seem to have an inhumane power of monitoring every single player and calculating - at any given time - just how many people have decided they're no longer going to play. So not only are you omnipotent, you're also a mind reader. Wow.

Ninno20
05-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Losing players for good at a quick rate? Prove it... Didn't know you seen into the future, how do you know people wont come back when DLC is out. PSU was online with what? a couple of hundred players.

Im not even going to quote never mind read the majority of that hideous text wall. If the players which are leaving are like you... im cool with that. Peace.

RegularX
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
No.

He clearly stated evidence to back his claim with math that is in the 2nd dimension.

You see if you look at the screen at just the right angle you'll see a very obvious series of strings that lead to a viable tesseract.

It's so obvious guys!

I think "viable tesserect" might also be his input device of choice

RegularX
05-08-2013, 10:20 AM

omg yer right! I must have free stuff to compensate!!!

4ndreas
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM

Master piece.

Seriously though: just because you still see a lot of people at major arkfalls that doesn't at all mean the population is still as high. They may just have reduced the amount of phases there are. This mistake in reasoning has been made in every of these threads so far.

ironhands
05-08-2013, 10:25 AM

I'd really like to know where people are getting these numbers... While it's true that less people are playing now than at launch, I don't think there's any way to get a general number. Basing this on forum goodbye posts? Unlikely, as many don't post, and many who do aren't actually leaving. The forums only account for a small portion. 1 million accounts created, right? There aren't nearly that many forum users, I'd be shocked if it were even a tenth of that, is there a way to check?

Are people going by the number of people they see in game? Again, a poor method, since we're shard based, and can see what, 200 players max?

Steam? You only need to use Steam to connect the first time, after that most load the client directly, without steam.

I guess the only way that even remotely would show this would be looking at a large clan, but just because you don't see people not logging it, it doesn't mean the players have been lost - they'll likely return when new free content is added; why wouldn't they, it's free.

MaxSterling
05-08-2013, 10:28 AM
If you're gonna sit at home all day and play this while everyone else goes to school and works, then yeah... it will seem like the population is diminishing because everyone else is working.

You deal with the crap problems. They'll deal with you forum bedwetters... and just call it even.

Random
05-08-2013, 10:30 AM
If you're gonna sit at home all day and play this while everyone else goes to school and works, then yeah... it will seem like the population is diminishing because everyone else is working.

You deal with the crap problems. They'll deal with you forum bedwetters... and just call it even.

You and your plain logic need to turn around.

Walk away from this thread and never ever look back.

For the base of this thread is stupid and logic has no place here.

Darkane
05-08-2013, 10:55 AM

What evidence do you have to support the title of this thread? Or is it just your opinion? There is a small, vocal minority who are not happy as far as I can see?

barium
05-08-2013, 11:24 AM
free crap is not gonna make people stay. i know cause i got a ton of free crap on ps3 after they got hacked and was down for a long time. i still don't play my ps3 cause i perfer pc. the free crap didn't make me stay there and wouldn't be a factor in any way on wether i'd stay or leave any game including this one. you on the other hand seem to be demanding free stuff when the game is already free to play. isn't that enough? you want a stupid outfit buy it like others have. they are kinda cheap. well kinda expensive but still affordable.

people will come and go as they please. i wish these threads would just go and not come back :/ be happy with what you have and who cares if people come or go. they are not you. enjoy your own damn self in your own world.

RegularX
05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I'd really like to know where people are getting these numbers... While it's true that less people are playing now than at launch, I don't think there's any way to get a general number. Basing this on forum goodbye posts? Unlikely, as many don't post, and many who do aren't actually leaving. The forums only account for a small portion. 1 million accounts created, right? There aren't nearly that many forum users, I'd be shocked if it were even a tenth of that, is there a way to check?

Are people going by the number of people they see in game? Again, a poor method, since we're shard based, and can see what, 200 players max?

Steam? You only need to use Steam to connect the first time, after that most load the client directly, without steam.

I guess the only way that even remotely would show this would be looking at a large clan, but just because you don't see people not logging it, it doesn't mean the players have been lost - they'll likely return when new free content is added; why wouldn't they, it's free.

All I know is that I can log in nearly any time of day and there are plenty of people about. Coop, PvP, and Shadow Wars. Arkfalls have huge crowds. One thing about MMO's is that population collapse usually becomes pretty evident - but I see no evidence.

Rakshasa
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Well, he did say at an "amazing rate". Maybe he's just very easily amazed. This would not surprise me in the least, having read his whole post.

Since we're basically just eyeballing it from our own subjective pov's and/or pulling vague numbers from our hindquarters, I can tell you that on the PC NA side of things, there's still a ton of people playing. Even at ungodly hours in the middle of the night, arkfalls are still a sea of purple dots. I really don't know that I'd want it any more crowded.

DataFerret
05-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm leaving the game. I think it's unrecoverable at this point. I can probably find a game with the same mechanics and a WORKING CHAT system. That would be nice.

Jeff Kaos
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
While I'm sure that the bugs have caused more than a few players to leave I have to say that the idea of this "mass exodus" OP describes is hard to take seriously because of one thing: yesterday morning I woke up a few hours early and logged into the game to screw around before I went out to do my daily activities. On the Xbox server, at around 6:00 AM Central Time the server was pretty packed with players. Everywhere I went for those few hours I saw other players. Hard to think a game is losing a lot of people when you can log on to fairly full server on a Tuesday morning. Not many mmo's are full up on a mid-week morning.

ironhands
05-09-2013, 06:26 AM
All I know is that I can log in nearly any time of day and there are plenty of people about. Coop, PvP, and Shadow Wars. Arkfalls have huge crowds. One thing about MMO's is that population collapse usually becomes pretty evident - but I see no evidence.

with the shard system, you'll likely never notice a population decline, until it's <200 people. hang out at iron demon, you'll see people hopping in very regularly.

N3gativeCr33p
05-09-2013, 06:27 AM
What is your source for the claim that the game is "losing people at an amazing rate"?
I'm not saying it is or isn't but how would you or I or any player know that?

Same questions that I was going to ask.

jasper murtagh
05-09-2013, 06:32 AM
I was going to suggest traking gamers, slipping an id number on their ear, and placing a shock/tracking collar on them.

Annihilation
05-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Honestly, in my serious overall opinion about the game is that it was released 2 early, they should of held out a little longer and tweaked some things a little more. I enjoy the game, and put up with crap problems...although I have played alot less lately ( I am disgusted with the BS myself) but I still play and have a glimmer of hope that they might be able to salvage this game that has serious potential. The hassle and BS we have endured since the begining of April up to now is killing the player population and alot of gamers are abandoning the game for good. I think Trion should release some DLC content for **FREE** just because of the BS we've put up with. If they make an announcement of some free DLC at least the people that are considering shelving the game or heading to gamestop for some trade in value might reconsider staying on and enduring with the rest of us that are still playing and dealing with the BS. The fre DLC im talking about is content not some dumbass title or lame outfit...I talking some serious DLC, missions, areas, the whole 9yards...I think as of now the 63.59 I spent on the game, was not worth it...but throw some good 1600ms point stuff at as for free might keep the people playing! I don't know how many people are still playing or not playing, but in one way I do agree with you. Those of us who played the alpha and beta tests told trion not to release the game because of server structure issues, and there response was always the same, and I quote "The issues you are having during beta tests have all been corrected on final release" Those remarks still haunt me knowing that the dev team have already lied, so with dlc im thinking it might break there servers right in two, trion does not know about player count and stress it creates on a server.

Reklezztrini
05-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Like others have said, they should of waited to release the game. Its riddled with bugs and can sometimes be un-playable. I also agree that we should be receiving compensation for all the trouble we have been going through.

I do have to say that the game has come along way since release, but on the other hand it's no excuse. Free DLC should be given to all players, but not DLC that was apart of the season pass. For me personally I will be waiting to buy the season pass for this game until they fix alot of the re-occurring problems.

ironhands
05-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Like others have said, they should of waited to release the game. Its riddled with bugs and can sometimes be un-playable. I also agree that we should be receiving compensation for all the trouble we have been going through.

I do have to say that the game has come along way since release, but on the other hand it's no excuse. Free DLC should be given to all players, but not DLC that was apart of the season pass. For me personally I will be waiting to buy the season pass for this game until they fix alot of the re-occurring problems.

you're already getting free dlc

Draaconis
05-09-2013, 07:45 AM
"Defiance is losing people at an amazing rate"

Optinion: "1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."
Fact: "1.A thing that is indisputably the case."

You have a source for your information right?

MagellanD
05-09-2013, 07:47 AM

Optinion: "1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

You sir are awesome!

Cynical Jester
05-09-2013, 07:51 AM

How could all these recently escaped mental patients spread misinformation with a source?

Not even sure how the hell you read any of that. Maybe if people made use of the enter key I would know what's going on without having to read comments from other people. Seriously.. it was easier and quicker to deduct the topic and the information therein from the comments..

Terribly sad I say!

One more example of the enter key.

Sincerely,
Me

khaotika
05-09-2013, 08:06 AM
only thing we can really do is hold out and hope for the best just like any new groundbreaking mmo.

Reverend Blood
05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
I'd love to see the metric you're using to base your complaint about people leaving.

Roadkill74
05-09-2013, 08:23 AM
I been playing since launch and I'm on PC. I always see ppl at arkfalls shadow war ect. So iI don't see why ppl keep say the PC server is dead. Maybe try finding a active clan.

RequiemPrime
05-09-2013, 08:44 AM
I been playing since launch and I'm on PC. I always see ppl at arkfalls shadow war ect. So iI don't see why ppl keep say the PC server is dead. Maybe try finding a active clan.

----> The Joke

----> Your Head

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Lets just have a laugh on the forums, whats the point in another OH GOD EVERYONES LEAVING THREAD. Sod it crack open some buds and go solo an Arkfall naked using the first gun they gave u in the game while sporting a hellfire skits leg stuck out of your *** and a hat with a logo saying if i win i wanna be on your tv show about as much as this poor skitterling wants to be stuck in my *** :)

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Ps love how the forums for a Mature Rated game censors rude words lol

MagellanD
05-09-2013, 09:00 AM
The game itself also censors too. Bro do you even type?
The forums can be accessed by anyone.

The game at least they hope parents read the Rating...They don't

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
The game itself also censors too. Bro do you even type?
The forums can be accessed by anyone.

The game at least they hope parents read the Rating...They don't

No dont do the txt chat prefer voice so i know it aint some 12 year old im doin co op with, dont wanna end up on a register :)

Cutlass Jack
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
No dont do the txt chat prefer voice so i know it aint some 12 year old im doin co op with, dont wanna end up on a register :)

I dont think I really want to know what you're doing in co-op if you're worried about that...

MacDeath
05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Why would you (or anyone) equate mature with rude?

ironhands
05-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Why would you (or anyone) equate mature with rude?

rude can also mean distasteful

Chilmeister
05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I dont think I really want to know what you're doing in co-op if you're worried about that...

Did you not read the bit about playing naked with a skitterling stuck in my (censored) :)

Tal Digi
05-09-2013, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=...trion does not know about player count and stress it creates on a server.[/QUOTE]

You seem to forget this is not Trions first game so I think they do know about player count and how it stresses the server (Rift is also created by Trion.)

ironhands
05-09-2013, 09:21 AM
You seem to forget this is not Trions first game so I think they do know about player count and how it stresses the server (Rift is also created by Trion.)

even so, the amount of data and latency is MUCH more demanding with Defiance than it is with Rift. Rift can get away with a few packets a second, or less in some cases, while Defiance needs many more.

Hiroller
05-09-2013, 11:34 AM
*crawls out of troll cave*

Op. You did know these white knights were going to eat this thread alive right?

*screenshot

MAXsandwich
05-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Well they ARE gonna have to do somthing if they want people to keep playing... heck just to maximize the amount of content in the game.

A deeper rpg leveling progression system could help... mabey tiered benifits and boosts to characters along the road to ego 5000? Not much reward and character advancement for advancing after a certain point.

LOOT... holy ballz this game need a better loot system. You all know what I'm talking about. They need more variety in general between the different rariety types... Different ways to obtain GOOD loot other than shop hopping and Teir boxes... and RARE Loot to be hunted Either from co-op missions, new events, or rare enimies.

The lack of this type of content... wich seems from the atempt to keep all players on a level playing field ( low lvls can compete with high lvls at ARKfalls for example ) eliminate the driving forces that keep people playing MMORPGs in the first place.

tuckerpb
05-09-2013, 12:45 PM

hay this sound like a great idea. how this for a better one. they give out all the season dlc for free, in exchange you give to the players that already bought the dlc there money back. not trion, you.